This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 5: The Hank Greenberg edition

Aw, hell. Here we go again with Valverde.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

NOW we're going to get someone up. Too ****ing late.

God, that was fun...

Comment

That was one hell of a frame job from Avila.

God, that was fun...

Comment

And now Butler just got tossed, 2 minutes after he got back to the dugout.

God, that was fun...

Comment

*****http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/4/26/129168105842513119.jpg******

3-2 final.

*glares*

God, that was fun...

Comment

You don't want to know!
              NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Help wanted:

Closing pitcher position for the Detroit Tigers. No experience necessary.

Anything would be better than Papa Grande at this point.

Tigers lose today 3-2 after Valverde blew a 2-0 lead in the ninth.

Comment

On Facebook, the Detroit Athletic Company has a question posted: What should the Tigers do with Papa Grande?

I'm so tempted to answer "Introduce him to Donnie Moore"

God, that was fun...

Comment

This is enough to make our ace go to the Brass and say, WtheF. They can't possibly keep Valverde after two blown saves of this variety in two weeks.

Comment

Here's the kicker: Marlboro Jimmy thought it was a good idea to bring him in after one guy was already on base.

After the homer, Miggy dropped a ground ball and Prince dropped a pickoff throw. We're lucky we made it out of the 9th. Then, listening to the 10th, we were checked out mentally. We were done once Half-Blonde-Beard-Boy f-ed things up in the 9th.

It was like pulling teeth to get last night's win, too.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I think the plan had been to limp along until the trade deadline mid july and hope that one of the teams with a good closer would drop out of the race and be a seller. That way they can get a closer for a respectable price. I don't think they ever intended to go the whole way with valverde.

However as it is, he may force them to deal somebody good fairly soon. All these home runs given up are a problem. Today, same deal as before, sitting on the split finger. And why in the heck do you throw that pitch, inside, with that count.? it boggles the mind. I thought his stuff today was better than it's been, but when you make pitch selections like that well...

BTW the bull pen as a whole is the worst in baseball, so it makes it that much harder.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Uh-oh...

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                            On Facebook, the Detroit Athletic Company has a question posted: What should the Tigers do with Papa Grande?

I'm so tempted to answer "Introduce him to Donnie Moore"
                            Had to Google that one. Tempting, only without the whole other messy part of him shooting the wife in front of his kids, and then him ending things in front of his sons, it would be a go in my book.

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                            This is enough to make our ace go to the Brass and say, WtheF. They can't possibly keep Valverde after two blown saves of this variety in two weeks.
                            I would think the whole starting staff would be going to the brass about keeping Valverde in the Closer spot. About the only thing he's good to do now is pitch BP. I would have to guess that the plan was to kind of limp along with him holding that spot till it got close to the trade deadline where they could shop around for a closer, but hell, at this point I would think they would willing to try out everybody else in the bullpen in that spot on whatever night it works out good for them. Anybody but Valverde. Run him out of town on a rail please.
                            Last edited by bigmrg74; 06-12-2013, 10:40 PM.
                            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Austin Jackson activated. Don't know who went down yet.

Tigers sign #1 pick Jonathan Crawford.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Willingham vs Cabrera tonight as they own the other teams starter.
                                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Working...
                                X