• Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 5: The Hank Greenberg edition

I enjoyed reading Morneau's lips. "I can't reach that."
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      And we've got a drunken idiot near the mic whining about a hot dog, among other things. This could be good.
      I still like the teen gal in Cleveland from last season doing her little act. More entertaining. I also enjoyed the eye candy behind the dugout in Texas. Interesting tongue work on bubble gum.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
        I enjoyed reading Morneau's lips. "I can't reach that."
        Justin Upton's tirade about a set of questionable balls and strikes is still my #1 meltdown at Comerica this season. He was giving (whomever the umpire was) the old "mofo, don't you know who I am" speech.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
          Justin Upton's tirade about a set of questionable balls and strikes is still my #1 meltdown at Comerica this season. He was giving (whomever the umpire was) the old "mofo, don't you know who I am" speech.
          well he has a point. certain players and certain teams do get calls that others don't get. I hate it and it's my number one gripe about the bigs.

The yankees in particular get calls at home and the other teams get squeezed in new york..I even went and talked to a guy I know who works for MLB to complain about it.
          Also players like Cabrera get the benefit of the doubt while Don kelly get's squeezed... by the same umpire.. So when he says, hey! I'm justin upton, he is saying," I usually get this call and I'm po'ed I am not getting it now. Greg Maddox used to get strikes that were four to five inches off the plate away and he got them routinely.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Miguel Cabrera: .391 as of 3/23/13

I know it's still early but, .400 anyone?

Can he be the first .400 hitter since Ted Williams?

Or, is it improbable in current baseball?
            NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

I can't imagine it being possible in the modern game where on average, he's seeing three different pitchers a night, as opposed to same guy three or four times.

I'd like to see him make a run at it though, just to hear all the numbers nerds try to explain how Tyler Kennedy is *actually* more valuable.
              Originally posted by dicaslover
              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

The Triple Crown was improbable, too.

Since his arrival on Detroit, he's won 2 batting titles, 2 HR crowns, and 2 RBI titles. I wouldn't put anything past him at this point.
                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  well he has a point. certain players and certain teams do get calls that others don't get. I hate it and it's my number one gripe about the bigs.

The yankees in particular get calls at home and the other teams get squeezed in new york..I even went and talked to a guy I know who works for MLB to complain about it.
                  Also players like Cabrera get the benefit of the doubt while Don kelly get's squeezed... by the same umpire.. So when he says, hey! I'm justin upton, he is saying," I usually get this call and I'm po'ed I am not getting it now. Greg Maddox used to get strikes that were four to five inches off the plate away and he got them routinely.
                  Well, yeah, he does have a point... compared to who? Truly he can't be given the same charity as Miggy.... or Jeter...and on the other side of it, who wins the popularity contest between Upton getting his way or say... JV getting his calls against him?

My only beef with umpiring balls and strikes is that if you are going to call a pitch four inches off the plate a strike in the 2nd inning, make darn sure it is the same in the 8th inning regardless of the score. I don't care who is up there or who is hurling it. Most cases it isn't and that is where tools like Angel Hernandez put on their god complex when challenged about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    The Triple Crown was improbable, too.

Since his arrival on Detroit, he's won 2 batting titles, 2 HR crowns, and 2 RBI titles. I wouldn't put anything past him at this point.
                    A Gold Glove?

A WS ring in Detroit?

Key to the City?

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
                      Miguel Cabrera: .391 as of 3/23/13

I know it's still early but, .400 anyone?

Can he be the first .400 hitter since Ted Williams?

Or, is it improbable in current baseball?
                      IMO, "improbable" doesn't begin to describe it. No question that he's the greatest player in the game by quite a distance.... but .400 just doesn't seem like it'll happen in our lifetimes... I could be wrong, and it would be very cool.
                      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                        ?

My only beef with umpiring balls and strikes is that if you are going to call a pitch four inches off the plate a strike in the 2nd inning, make darn sure it is the same in the 8th inning regardless of the score. I don't care who is up there or who is hurling it. Most cases it isn't and that is where tools like Angel Hernandez put on their god complex when challenged about it.
                        pretty much the same for me, consistency is key, however I'd like to see charity limited to maybe a questionable call rather than a blatant ball. I'm not thrilled with the new AL strike zone either. I rather liked the higher strike where a belt high pitch got called. Now that the AL umps went over to the NL style chest protector, the high strike is gone.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Hi.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Holy high strike, Batman.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I'm tuning back in for the 9th, so don't get your hopes up.
                              Originally posted by dicaslover
                              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

We'll see.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X