Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Terrorist Tried To Blow Up Federal Reserve in NYC Today

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
    Kind of hard to gather intelligence that way from an interrogation, no?
    What intelligence?
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
      Classy.
      Get him a lawyer and some hot chocolate and a Koran. Then shove the latter up his a*s.
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
        Strong conflicting feelings here. On the one hand, the Federal Reserve is literally a block from my office, so this hits pretty close to home. On the other hand, the policing methods used to catch this guy skew pretty close to entrapment. I'm glad they caught the guy, don't get me wrong, but I'd be happier if they were going to try to convict him on less (IMO) shaky legal ground.
        There's actually been quite a few cases like this, where it really treads into a gray area whether these morons could even pull off what they're accused of without the help of undercovers aiding or egging them on. My favorite was the Old Pio clones in Georgia that couldn't make it down their driveway without an oxygen tank, but were ready to restart the Civil War. Although oddly, no one suggested a Bible be shoved up their ***.
        Originally posted by dicaslover
        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
          There's actually been quite a few cases like this, where it really treads into a gray area whether these morons could even pull off what they're accused of without the help of undercovers aiding or egging them on. My favorite was the Old Pio clones in Georgia that couldn't make it down their driveway without an oxygen tank, but were ready to restart the Civil War. Although oddly, no one suggested a Bible be shoved up their ***.
          I think they try to shove bibles down people's throats, not the other direction. There is a good joke/statement about all religions in those two comments but I will leave that to others.

As for entrapment, if they knew he went overseas for Al Qaida training and were aware of other activities that demonstrate his intentions then I feel less strongly about entrapment. If they take an average disgruntled young guy and 'sell' him on the idea of terrorism as his way to Allah, then they are closer to the line, if not over it.
          I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Working...
          X