X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New/Rented Movies: Insert Random Retread Of A Plot

Taken 2

At times, it reached "Crank 2" ridiculousness, but overall was not on that level. However, it was your basic awesome action movie, and worth seeing. IMO, it does set itself up to have a Taken 3 (and maybe more). This was not as good as the first one, though, as there was more setup and less action. And the ending was a little disappointing (I dare say weak; this is pertaining to the method that Liam uses...), the second to last showdown was much more entertaining.

Some good lines in there, though, where the audience was laughing out loud. The movie knew what the audience wanted, and tried giving them that. It just fell a little short, but dang, it was a hell of an effort.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Re: New/Rented Movies: Insert Random Retread Of A Plot

Michael Boom-Boom Bay still sucks!!
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Subscribed because this is a random retread of a subscription post.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
        Michael Boom-Boom Bay still sucks!!
        He's STILL making movies?!?! Why must God continue to punish us?

Comment

Hi
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I watched Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas the other day. It was no White Castle, but bits with NPH, the claymation and Santa were all pretty fun.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Saw Prometheus tonight.

Really liked this. Looked wonderful on the big TV and I enjoyed the story.

Worthy prequel to Alien and Prometheus II or whatever they call it.

Comment

Jindabyne - multi-layered story about farmilies in a small Austrailan town. The central plot is about four friends that go fishing and find a dead body floating in the river. Instead of immediatly going to the authorities they continue to fish for 2 more days and they have to deal with the subsequent fallout within the community. Exacerbated by the fact the deceased was aborigine. Stunning - great cinematography, great acting and very believable storyline. Stars Gabriel Byrne and Laura Linney.

Take Shelter - main character (Michale Shannon from the Runaways and others) plays a married father in a small town that starts having visions of an impending storm he can't get away from. Despite attempts to fight mental illness he begins building a storm shelter at the expense of all his other relationships. Almost Close Encounters without the levity. Shannon is wonderful in this and I thought it was very smartly done.

Taken - got it yesterday will try to watch tomorrow.

Comment

I saw Taken 2...it was fine I guess but does not hold a candle to the first one in any way. I enjoyed it, but I walked out praying they dont make another...
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    I saw Taken 2...it was fine I guess but does not hold a candle to the first one in any way. I enjoyed it, but I walked out praying they dont make another...
                    Kinda my feeling. Awesome on its own. Comparatively? Nope. And my first thought was daughter vs Rade's son(s) for a third.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Question for those who have seen Goon. Is it appropriate for a bunch of 14-15 yo boys? We're thinking about showing it to my kid's bantam team.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                        Question for those who have seen Goon. Is it appropriate for a bunch of 14-15 yo boys? We're thinking about showing it to my kid's bantam team.
                        Probably not. It is rated R for a reaon. Fair amount of language and other stuff going on that some parents might not want a 14-15 yo seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
                          Probably not. It is rated R for a reaon. Fair amount of language and other stuff going on that some parents might not want a 14-15 yo seeing.
                          Thanks. Sorry, thought for some reason it was PG13. Won't do an R for these guys (even if most of them have seen worse on the interweb by now).

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
                            "Fair amount" is putting it lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              "Fair amount" is putting it lightly.
                              Same reason that Slap Shot is not appropriate for that age level (but they've probably memorized the dialog anyway).
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                              X