X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New/Rented Movies: Insert Random Retread Of A Plot

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    True creepy: Blair Witch
    You serious? I laughed my a55 off the entire movie.

A brief dialogue summary

Victim 1: "Eff You! You lost the EFFING map, by the EFFING lake, in the EFFING woods! EFF!"
    Victim 2: "Go EFF Yourself!"
    Victim 3: "WILL YOU TWO EFFERS SHUT THE EFF UP!?"

Also, Student Bodies was better satire than Scream.

Comment

Tucker & Dale vs. Evil.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

A brief dialogue summary

Victim 1: "Eff You! You lost the EFFING map, by the EFFING lake, in the EFFING woods! EFF!"

I thought Blair Witch was creepy, yes. I camped out in the middle of nowhere quite often as a kid/teen, and when you hear noises like they did, and don't know what or where it is...it's creepy. Completely identified with the slight panic.

Also, Tucker/Dale rule.

Cabin In The Woods isn't a bad one, either.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

A brief dialogue summary

I didn't laugh because I thought the whole thing was pretty lame. My eyes hurt after that movie from rolling them too much.

Comment

The Boondock Saints

I wanted to like this a lot more than I did. Didn't expect the camp, though certainly there were laughs, particularly Willem Dafoe's gay David Caruso impression. Ultimately, this just did not hit it out of the park for me, like I'd hoped.

Comment

The Boondock Saints

I wanted to like this a lot more than I did. Didn't expect the camp, though certainly there were laughs, particularly Willem Dafoe's gay David Caruso impression. Ultimately, this just did not hit it out of the park for me, like I'd hoped.
              You should be beaten with potatoes for saying that!!
              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Finally got around to Iron Man 3 and Pacific Rim (and The Heat, but that's just because Mrs EoDS has a thing for the kinds of comedies that look like the actors enjoyed themselves in).

Went into each with B- expectations and enjoyed them both immensely. Pacific Rim was a little clunky, scriptwise (certain parts felt too much like an Emmerich movie), but it was a lot of fun. As someone who doesn't know or care too much for Iron Man's rogues gallery, I loved the twist with The Mandarin, but I could see why Iron Man fanboys might have hated it.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Joyeux Noel

*heavvvvvvvvvvy exhale* Amazing. Simply, amazing.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    The Hobbit sucked, half of it was unneeded. (and boring) There was no need for it to draw out as long as it did...but at least the trailer for the second one makes it look like something might actually happen!

Here's more...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfflhfn1W-o

I'm slightly optimistic.

I believe that the extended edition of the first movie is out today.

Comment

This is the End

Parts of it were ridiculously funny but the middle dragged quite a bit.

Thought they missed an opportunity for funny individual deaths by having so many go in the same way.

Oh well. Good, not great.

Comment

End of an era.. BLOCKBUSTER VIDEO CLOSING REMAINING STORES...

My kids are gonna love hearing stories of having to go out in a blizzard and walking uphill and barefoot both ways to watch a movie on a weekend
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                          End of an era.. BLOCKBUSTER VIDEO CLOSING REMAINING STORES...

My kids are gonna love hearing stories of having to go out in a blizzard and walking uphill and barefoot both ways to watch a movie on a weekend
                          Kids, I have a story to tell you about renting tapes for the V........C.......R......... and rewinding fees.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            Kids, I have a story to tell you about renting tapes for the V........C.......R......... and rewinding fees.

Make sure to explain the difference between beta and vhs!

We still have our Family Video and they're opening new stores from what I hear.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              Hell, I'll be able to tell that story, and I'm still in my 20s.

Not old enough to remember Betamax though.

And yeah, Family Video doesn't appear to be going anywhere yet. From what I recall, FV is more prevalent in rural areas and that seems to be their niche. Give it time.

Comment

Thor: Dark World.

Awesome. Thumbs up. In with the Avengers and Dark Knight for Superhero fare.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X