X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New/Rented Movies: Insert Random Retread Of A Plot

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Am interested in The Man With The Iron Fists or whatever it is. RZA and approval from Tarantino? Those are plusses.
    Plus Lucy Liu is hot.

Wanna see this in the theater as the visuals look good.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      Plus Lucy Liu is hot.

Wanna see this in the theater as the visuals look good.
      Dunno how much you are into rap, but RZA was part of the Wu Tang Clan group, who were huge fans of kung fu movies, etc. It's not like some random crossing over by a rap star. I still have my doubts, but as the reviews roll in....I might have to see this in theaters.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Dunno how much you are into rap, but RZA was part of the Wu Tang Clan group, who were huge fans of kung fu movies, etc. It's not like some random crossing over by a rap star. I still have my doubts, but as the reviews roll in....I might have to see this in theaters.
        All I have is Wu Tang Clan Forever. Didn't recognize RZA as a member when you mentioned.

After Crouching Tiger and Hero it seemed like there'd be a parade of these great (non-cheesy) martial arts flicks. Kill Bill was great too. Since then? Not so much. Oh yeah, and Kung Fu Hustle.

So what happens when Q gets into the game again? Hoping...

Comment

All I have is Wu Tang Clan Forever. Didn't recognize RZA as a member when you mentioned.

After Crouching Tiger and Hero it seemed like there'd be a parade of these great (non-cheesy) martial arts flicks. Kill Bill was great too. Since then? Not so much. Oh yeah, and Kung Fu Hustle.

So what happens when Q gets into the game again? Hoping...
          "The House Of Flying Daggers" is my favorite of that "Crouching" re-birth. "Hero" was quite excellent, though. For an older movie, "Fist Of Legend" (Bruce Lee remake with Jet Li) was also excellent, and has one of the best realistic fight scenes I've seen (blindfold scene) in these movies.

Another good one was "The Curse Of The Golden Flower" (Crouching re-birth period)
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Plus Lucy Liu is hot.
            Let us not forget about Jamie Chung. Good God what a smokeshow.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

"The House Of Flying Daggers" is my favorite of that "Crouching" re-birth. "Hero" was quite excellent, though. For an older movie, "Fist Of Legend" (Bruce Lee remake with Jet Li) was also excellent, and has one of the best realistic fight scenes I've seen (blindfold scene) in these movies.

Another good one was "The Curse Of The Golden Flower" (Crouching re-birth period)
              does Red Cliff count? Still haven't seen it, but I've heard great things.
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                does Red Cliff count? Still haven't seen it, but I've heard great things.
                Red Cliff (international version, not the shortened US version) is amazing. Simply amazing.

Comment

And Suicide Kings is on. Great movie. Leary in one of his best roles. And of course, Walken. Hell, even Jay Mohr does a good job.
                  So underrated...such an awesome cast

"Ira, you are the man!"
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    So underrated...such an awesome cast

"Ira, you are the man!"
                    "How about you drop your gun?"
                    "I don't drop my f*ing gun."
                    ".....okay......"

Comment

If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Act of Valor is garbage. So glad I stayed away from it in theaters. It's like if Michael Bay wanted to make an art piece but outsourced it to someone who does nothing but play call of duty.... on consoles.

Comment

Listening to some random MP3 disc I made a few months ago, which has quite a few Tarantino choices from his movies....I dare say that man could rival Martin Scorcese for a soundtrack. Brilliant choices, and the proof is when you hear that song....do you automatically tie it in with the scene it's from?

Comment

So they are making another Transformers movie, and it will star Marky Mark.

Sounds great.
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Listening to some random MP3 disc I made a few months ago, which has quite a few Tarantino choices from his movies....I dare say that man could rival Martin Scorcese for a soundtrack. Brilliant choices, and the proof is when you hear that song....do you automatically tie it in with the scene it's from?
                              Stealers Wheel, Stuck in the Middle With You. The ear scene.

Comment

The obvious choice.
                                The surfer song (can't remember the name of it offhand) during the um.....gimp scene in Pulp Fiction.
                                "Hold Tight" by Dave, Dee, Dozy.....a bunch of other guys, in Death Proof.
                                "Down In Mexico" by The Coasters in the same movie.
                                "Woo Hoo" by the 5678s in Kill Bill.

Comment

Working...
                                X