This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New/Rented Movies: Insert Random Retread Of A Plot

Saw "Seven Psychopaths" this weekend. It had that Tarantino "Did they really just do that?" kind of vibe, but with a lot more black humor. I found myself laughing out loud a lot. I mean, serial killers with little bunnies? What the...?

I liked it. The friend I saw it with: she didn't.
    Cornell '82

"The first time I went to a Cornell game, I was in awe. I'm a big believer that sports fans should get out and see everything -- the Indy 500, the Super Bowl, the Kentucky Derby. I've seen all that, and there's nothing like Lynah Rink." - Carl McKee, father of Cornell Goalie, David McKee

Comment

Originally posted by Hopkinja View Post
      Saw "Seven Psychopaths" this weekend. It had that Tarantino "Did they really just do that?" kind of vibe, but with a lot more black humor. I found myself laughing out loud a lot. I mean, serial killers with little bunnies? What the...?

I liked it. The friend I saw it with: she didn't.
      Black humor as in:
      *****http://img2-1.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/090316/Tyler-Perry-Madea_l.jpg******

or

*****http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMjM0NTQ4MTk1NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTY2MDkyMQ@@._ V1._SY317_CR1,0,214,317_.jpg******

Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

*****http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/photoshop/7/9/7/149797_slide.jpg?v=1******

Might have been an improvement.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Maybe Han will show up in one of the 13 Hobbit movies
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Review of Argo written by an Iranian emigre here.

One of the very few movies I'd be interested in seeing from watching the trailer.

Also, the science fiction book that the fictitious movie is supposed to be based on, Lord of Light by Roger Zelazny, is one of my all-time favorite books of any kind.
            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Avengers. Worth the RedBox rental.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                Review of Argo written by an Iranian emigre here.

One of the very few movies I'd be interested in seeing from watching the trailer.

Also, the science fiction book that the fictitious movie is supposed to be based on, Lord of Light by Roger Zelazny, is one of my all-time favorite books of any kind.
                I like "For a Breath I Tarry"

Oldie but Goodie -- Rented "It Takes a Thief". Cary Grant and Grace Kelly -- Class x 2
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Watching Hoosiers...never gets old!
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Watched The Great Escape today..never gets old!
                    Fixed. And Argo, Seven Psychopaths, and of course Lincoln are all on my "to watch" lists.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Finally got around to Taken. It's ok if you can believe a geriatric can hammerpunch several assailants while dodging machine guns at close range. I had other problems with it, but it was entertaining for sure and I put 2 at the top of my Netflix queue for whenever it comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        Fixed. And Argo, Seven Psychopaths, and of course Lincoln are all on my "to watch" lists.
                        Seven Psychopaths was great. My girlfriend and I were blown away.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          Finally got around to Taken. It's ok if you can believe a geriatric can hammerpunch several assailants while dodging machine guns at close range. I had other problems with it, but it was entertaining for sure and I put 2 at the top of my Netflix queue for whenever it comes out.
                          It's Liam Neeson kicking arse. What's not to like?
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            It's Liam Neeson kicking arse. What's not to like?
                            *****http://i.imgur.com/oWFwA.jpg******
                            Old Monster Records

Comment

*****http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/25115426.jpg******

If you ever hear Geoff Peterson (the robot on The Late Late Show) do his Liam Neeson it is brilliant! THERE IS NO TIME!!!
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                *****http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/25115426.jpg******

If you ever hear Geoff Peterson (the robot on The Late Late Show) do his Liam Neeson it is brilliant! THERE IS NO TIME!!!
                                Is Geoff Peterson the name of the actor behind the robot skeleton's voice or the name of the robot skeleton itself?
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X