Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Presidential Election Part III: October Surprise!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part III: October Surprise!

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    What you and Obummer don't get is that you could talk to these terrorists and apologise until you were blue in the face, but at the end of the day, they won't give into you. In that retrospect, they're better men since they can actually stick to their beliefs without outside influences clouding their judgement.
    if by "apologize" you mean "kill with drone aircraft"...

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
      if by "apologize" you mean "kill with drone aircraft"...
      I can't speak for Flag, but I didn't read his post as suggesting His Ineptness apologized to terrorists. The key word is could which suggests that even if he did apologize (not a claim that he had apologized) it would be futile. I heartily approve of the widening use of drones. Effective real time punishment for the bad guys.

What is more problematic is His Racistness' determination to lay the blame for Benghazi on that ridiculous youtube clip--despite zero evidence that it had anything to do with the attack. Actually, we now know, and His Failureness knew almost immediately, that the attack was an AQ operation (on the anniversary of 9/11) and had nothing to do with the video. Yet he and other administration figures lied to our faces. Why? My guess is having a US ambassador murdered (and possibly raped post-mortem) and his body dragged through the streets by a baying mob, is not calculated to enhance his foreign policy cred in the last few weeks before an election.

Apparantly there were all sorts of indications the situation in Libya and specifically in Benghazi was deteriorating. Requests for additional security and concerns expressed by Ambassador Stevens himself over his safety and the safety of the consulate. You would have thought His Racistness could have stopped spiking the ball over Bin Laden, or held off on an interview with "The Pimp with a Limp" long enough to attend to matters in Libya.

Hillary is falling on her sword on this one (and she is responsible, whether she takes the blame or not), just like Admiral Poindexter did a generation ago and Janet Reno did after Waco. But Hillary's misfeasances, non-feasances and malfeasances do not explain the lying about the video, do they? Where did that story come from? Did anyone actually tell His Lyingness that the video was causal? If so, who was it? Or is this some Axelrod/Plouffe fairy tale which puts re-election ahead of dead American diplomats? And why did the administration stick with that lie long after they knew it was totally bogus (such as sending out Ambassador Rice six days later to lie to every Sunday show)? November 6th, perhaps? Why did His Loserness mention that video half a dozen times in his address to the UN? Currying favor with Muslims? He's POTUS, not some d*mn imam.

Howard Baker asked it during Watergate and it's still relevant: "What did the president know? And when did he know it?"
      Last edited by Old Pio; 10-16-2012, 02:30 AM.
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post

Regarding Libya, attacks happen. While Mittens was out using the incident for political advantage before the dead had even been identified, something the ambassador's own father has called for an end to, Obama's admin was trying to get the facts out in public. As Joe said when he was humiliating Ryan, when they found out more they put that out there too, even if it meant going against their initial assessment. That's what you want a President to do, unless you're an idiot I guess...
        When I saw this comment I was reminded of this brilliant article by Mark Steyn. I'll post the whole article, but the first four paragraphs really nail it in my opinion:

"The entire reason that this has become the political topic it is, is because of Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan."

Thus, Stephanie Cutter, President Obama's deputy campaign manager, speaking on CNN about an armed attack on the 9/11 anniversary that left a U.S. consulate a smoking ruin and killed four diplomatic staff, including the first American ambassador to be murdered in a third of a century. To discuss this event is apparently to "politicize" it and to distract from the real issues the American people are concerned about. For example, Obama spokesperson Jen Psaki, speaking on board Air Force One on Thursday:

"There's only one candidate in this race who is going to continue to fight for Big Bird and Elmo, and he is riding on this plane."
        She's right! The United States is the first nation in history whose democracy has evolved to the point where its leader is provided with a wide-body transatlantic jet in order to campaign on the vital issue of public funding for sock puppets. Sure, Caligula put his horse in the Senate, but it was a real horse. At Ohio State University, the rapper will.i.am introduced the President by playing the Sesame Street theme tune, which, oddly enough, seems more apt presidential walk-on music for the Obama era than "Hail To The Chief.

Obviously, Miss Cutter is right: A healthy mature democracy should spend its quadrennial election on critical issues like the Republican Party's war on puppets rather than attempting to "politicize" the debate by dragging in stuff like foreign policy, national security, the economy and other obscure peripheral subjects. But, alas, it was her boss who chose to "politicize" a security fiasco and national humiliation in Benghazi.

http://www.ocregister.com/opinion/ob...-security.html
        Last edited by gounhwildcats; 10-16-2012, 01:29 AM.
        Let's go Cats!!!

Philadelphia Phillies Well there's always next year

2007 ECAC East-NESCAC LPS Champ!!
        2009 ECACHL Pick 'em champ!!

"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." [Noah Webster. History. p. 339]

Comment

Originally posted by gounhwildcats View Post
          When I saw this comment I was reminded of this brilliant article by Mark Steyn. I'll post the whole article, but the first four paragraphs really nail it in my opinion:

"The entire reason that this has become the political topic it is, is because of Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan."

Thus, Stephanie Cutter, President Obama's deputy campaign manager, speaking on CNN about an armed attack on the 9/11 anniversary that left a U.S. consulate a smoking ruin and killed four diplomatic staff, including the first American ambassador to be murdered in a third of a century. To discuss this event is apparently to "politicize" it and to distract from the real issues the American people are concerned about. For example, Obama spokesperson Jen Psaki, speaking on board Air Force One on Thursday:

"There's only one candidate in this race who is going to continue to fight for Big Bird and Elmo, and he is riding on this plane."
          She's right! The United States is the first nation in history whose democracy has evolved to the point where its leader is provided with a wide-body transatlantic jet in order to campaign on the vital issue of public funding for sock puppets. Sure, Caligula put his horse in the Senate, but it was a real horse. At Ohio State University, the rapper will.i.am introduced the President by playing the Sesame Street theme tune, which, oddly enough, seems more apt presidential walk-on music for the Obama era than "Hail To The Chief.

Obviously, Miss Cutter is right: A healthy mature democracy should spend its quadrennial election on critical issues like the Republican Party's war on puppets rather than attempting to "politicize" the debate by dragging in stuff like foreign policy, national security, the economy and other obscure peripheral subjects. But, alas, it was her boss who chose to "politicize" a security fiasco and national humiliation in Benghazi.

http://www.ocregister.com/opinion/ob...-security.html
          Stephanie Cutter is a major babe. She's also one of the most facile liars we've seen in recent presidential election cycles. She denied calling Romney a felon, then a tape of a WH conference call shows she did. On CNN, she said: "Okay, it's not 5 trillion dollars," in reference to Romney's tax proposals, admitting she and the campaign had been and continue to lie on the subject. And now this. From her perspective, it's "bad timing" that this horrific episode happened so close to an election, which gives us a chance to make a change at the top if we're appalled at the bungling and lying. So mentioning it is "politicizing", which is to be eschewed at all costs. Unlike the dignified way the administration has handled the Bin Laden matter. "General Motors is alive and Osama Bin Laden is dead."

I'll say again, it may be that from his grave Ambassador Stevens will drive a stake through the heart of the Obama campaign--not to mention Hillary's presidential ambitions.
          Last edited by Old Pio; 10-16-2012, 02:21 AM.
          2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Nice thumbnail summary of the election stakes:

if you're eaten alive by the thought that someone, somewhere, is doing better than you, then you surely know how to vote.

But then, what is this election about? If you're a wavering voter, it might be worth asking yourself what matters to you more: bringing yourself up, or bringing millionaires and billionaires down?
            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Nice?

Looks like utter BS to me.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Looks like utter BS to me.
                "if your only tool is a hammer, everything looks like a nail."

-- old adage
                "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                  "if your only tool is a hammer, everything looks like a nail."

-- old adage
                  If you actually think I'm supposed to be suckered into not believing anything Romney said to get the nomination, well.........I'm not falling for it. And that's what that article is all about.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                    Do Axelrod's lips move while you're speaking? Or are you really Stephanie "Okay, it's not $5 trillion" Cutter. A lie by any other name is still a lie. You ought to know.

"Attacks happen?" Nice. Just out of curiosity, where did the "facts" regarding that video come from? Since nobody on the ground told Washington. Who told His Truthlessness? And why did he stick with that silly, insulting explanation for days? Wanted to use the occasion to suck up to his Islamist pals? Perhaps.

Was sending Ambassador Rice out to lie on every Sunday talk show part of "trying to get the facts out?"

His Ineptness has to answer for his failures. . .and his lies.
                    Look Old PO'd I know your desperate for a lifeline and a reason to cling to Mittens Romney, but you remind me of the "Smoking Gun" crowd during the Clinton administration, when every accusation was termed as the smoking gun by brain dead conservative partisans who couldn't figure out why none of it was working.

Bottom line is before the bodies were even identified Mittens Romney was issuing a press release saying Obama was apologizing to the people who ransacked the consulate, as blatant and nakedly political a statement about a national tragedy as we've ever seen. Nothing shows how petty and clueless he'd be as a leader than that statement. Its almost as if the GOP was rooting for a tragedy as well as many a conservative I'll also note.

As has been correctly and honestly said, they were putting out info as they got it, which in hindsight they should have waited on but that's tough in today's media climate. Far from a coverup, they actually went on the other end of the spectrum and put out too much too soon which they've now corrected as more info comes to light.

Beyond that though, I think its the mark of a knuckledragger that in a time for national unity to try to gain political advantage. When the Beruit embassy was bombed or countless Americans kidnapped and executed, nobody was calling for Reagan's head, although I suppose we can easily conclude Dems of that era were more patriotic and level headed than conservatives are nowadays.
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Beyond that though, I think its the mark of a knuckledragger that in a time for national unity to try to gain political advantage. When the Beruit embassy was bombed or countless Americans kidnapped and executed, nobody was calling for Reagan's head, although I suppose we can easily conclude Dems of that era were more patriotic and level headed than conservatives are nowadays.
                      Those same knuckledraggers that were anti-war until they came to power, and all of a sudden they want to keep it?

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        Those same knuckledraggers that were anti-war until they came to power, and all of a sudden they want to keep it?
                        Its a little early in the day for you to be stoned, isn't it?

Obama said he'd end the Iraq war and he did. Mittens still wants US troops stationed there?!?

Obama said he's get us out of Afghanistan and the plan is in place. Again, Mittens whined about that but after the Ryan debacle at the debate his own advisor Dan Senor said he's have the exact same timetable as Obama.

Obama said he'd ice Bin Laden and he did. Mittens said he wouldn't move heaven and earth to get him (I susppose OBL was going to just turn himself in or something) so its pretty easy to see him not ordering the daring raid that Obama did.

Pretty clear differences there.
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Its a little early in the day for you to be stoned, isn't it?

Obama said he'd end the Iraq war and he did. Mittens still wants US troops stationed there?!?

Obama said he's get us out of Afghanistan and the plan is in place. Again, Mittens whined about that but after the Ryan debacle at the debate his own advisor Dan Senor said he's have the exact same timetable as Obama.

Obama said he'd ice Bin Laden and he did. Mittens said he wouldn't move heaven and earth to get him (I susppose OBL was going to just turn himself in or something) so its pretty easy to see him not ordering the daring raid that Obama did.

Pretty clear differences there.
                          Dubya wanted to, Petraeus knew how to do it, and you libstains fought him tooth and nail. I guess it just goes to prove the point I made back in 2006 that you just wanted the credit. Attention whores.

BTW, I wonder what the excuse will be this time if Obama loses the debate...

Comment

Errrr..............Dems didn't make excuses. The Repubs sure did after Biden cleaned Ryan's clock.

!!!!
                            The Daily Show with Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
                            Democalypse 2012 - V.P. Debate: Battle for the Historical Footnote
                            www.thedailyshow.com
                            ****** style='display:block' src='http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:comedycentral.com:420159' width='512' height='288' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' wmode='window' allowFullscreen='true' flashvars='autoPlay=false' allowscriptaccess='always' allownetworking='all' bgcolor='#000000'>
                            Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical Humor & Satire BlogThe Daily Show on Facebook

Comment

Yah, Gore can't blame it on the elevation this time.
                              Originally posted by Priceless
                              Good to see you're so reasonable.
                              Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                              Very well, said.
                              Originally posted by Rover
                              A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                Errrr..............Dems didn't make excuses. The Repubs sure did after Biden cleaned Ryan's clock.
                                Except most rational folks said that one was pretty close. Which I guess you could call a win for Biden as he didn't have that many gaffes. Time to tuck him away until after election day.
                                Originally posted by Priceless
                                Good to see you're so reasonable.
                                Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                                Very well, said.
                                Originally posted by Rover
                                A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Working...
                                X