Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Presidential Election Part III: October Surprise!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part III: October Surprise!

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Errrr..............Dems didn't make excuses.
    Then why did they talk about how Romney spent 2-3 extra days in Colorado and "got used to the altitude" which gave him a "significant advantage"? Heck, Lehrer even tried to slowball the debate to Obama, and he whiffed!

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Dubya wanted to, Petraeus knew how to do it, and you libstains fought him tooth and nail. I guess it just goes to prove the point I made back in 2006 that you just wanted the credit. Attention whores.

BTW, I wonder what the excuse will be this time if Obama loses the debate...
      I'm not too worried about Obama this time around. I'd be more concerned about Mittens if I were you. I've seen him in debates where he gets flustered and its not pretty.

Wondering what the hell you're talking about with the Dubya-Petreus thing. Under Bush we were supposed to keep 50K troops in Iraq indefinitely. He also had no plan to leave Afghanistan mostly because he forgot there was a war going on there. Bush also stated he didn't know or care where OBL was...no doubt because he was still searching for WMD's in Iraq.

Conservative politicians = foreign policy failures.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        I'm not too worried about Obama this time around. I'd be more concerned about Mittens if I were you. I've seen him in debates where he gets flustered and its not pretty.

Wondering what the hell you're talking about with the Dubya-Petreus thing. Under Bush we were supposed to keep 50K troops in Iraq indefinitely. He also had no plan to leave Afghanistan mostly because he forgot there was a war going on there. Bush also stated he didn't know or care where OBL was...no doubt because he was still searching for WMD's in Iraq.

Conservative politicians = foreign policy failures.
        Once again, why should I be worried about Mittens? I'm not voting for that fascist either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
          Except most rational folks said that one was pretty close. Which I guess you could call a win for Biden as he didn't have that many gaffes. Time to tuck him away until after election day.
          Same dynamic will be at work here. Going in everybody expected Biden to either say something stupid or get outsmarted by the supposed brilliant thinker Paul Ryan. Instead not only did Biden not saying anything dumb he ripped that wuss to shreds, with Republicans forced to whine in the post debate spin about how mean Biden was to Kid Ryan. While polling showed a variety of takes on the debate (one had Biden +19, another up +8 and one down -4) the bottom line is Mittens momentum halted post debate.

This time around expectations are even for each candidate as opposed to the expectation of an overwhelming victory by Obama before debate 1. Given that Obama can only look better by comparison, and Romney most likely not as strong as he actually gets challenged this time, its not too hard to see how this might play out, following by nine zillion articles stating how this was part of Obama's plan all along...

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Same dynamic will be at work here. Going in everybody expected Biden to either say something stupid or get outsmarted by the supposed brilliant thinker Paul Ryan. Instead not only did Biden not saying anything dumb he ripped that wuss to shreds, with Republicans forced to whine in the post debate spin about how mean Biden was to Kid Ryan. While polling showed a variety of takes on the debate (one had Biden +19, another up +8 and one down -4) the bottom line is Mittens momentum halted post debate.

This time around expectations are even for each candidate as opposed to the expectation of an overwhelming victory by Obama before debate 1. Given that Obama can only look better by comparison, and Romney most likely not as strong as he actually gets challenged this time, its not too hard to see how this might play out, following by nine zillion articles stating how this was part of Obama's plan all along...
            You're right, "certain" parts of the media did try to spin it as a big Biden win. And they'll likely use a comeback theme to pump Obama's performance tonight, regardless of how he actually performs.
            Originally posted by Priceless
            Good to see you're so reasonable.
            Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
            Very well, said.
            Originally posted by Rover
            A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Obama said he'd end the Iraq war and he did.
              Oh, really? Please be sure to tell the Iraqis; they'll find it a pleasant surprise!

or do you mean Obama said he'd turn tail and run as soon as he got the chance and leave the Iraqis at the mercy of Iran and the sectarian violence that continues nearly daily. There is a huge difference between "ending" a war and merely removing your troops from the battlefield where the war continues without your involvement!

He did a great job of turning victory to potential defeat there, turning a likely ally into someone who no longer wants anything to do with us.
              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Some reporter just asked Obama if Hilary was to blame for Benghazi, he didn't answer
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                  Oh, really? Please be sure to tell the Iraqis; they'll find it a pleasant surprise!

or do you mean Obama said he'd turn tail and run as soon as he got the chance and leave the Iraqis at the mercy of Iran and the sectarian violence that continues nearly daily. There is a huge difference between "ending" a war and merely removing your troops from the battlefield where the war continues without your involvement!

He did a great job of turning victory to potential defeat there, turning a likely ally into someone who no longer wants anything to do with us.
                  Amazes me how knuckledraggers will label anybody in this country looking for money to build schools or infrastructure or put cops on the beat as a "47%'ers" in Romney terms, yet we're supposed to spend a trillion dollars providing those very same services to a country that doesn't want us there and doesn't appreciate our efforts.

Here's a newsflash Fishy, that I think you need to get in touch with. What happens in Iraq is their freakin' problem, not ours. I know invading that country was a neo-conservative wet dream, but its turned into a nightmare. However, if the Mittwit wants to run on a "we should still be in Iraq" platform he has my blessing.

Comment

Haha: http://www.romneytaxplan.com/

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                      That's awesome.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post

Regardless of who was elected in 2008, it needed to be done. Whether the US pulled out of Iraq then, or stuck around for yet another 10+ years in a state of perpetual war, as soon as we were gone, some extreme regime was/is going to setup shop; it's the Islamist way. No sense in continuing to put that war on our Bank of China credit card and risk more American lives on a lost cause.
                        Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 10-16-2012, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Now this is awkward for Obama. Another $249 million down the drain.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...b8d_story.html
                          Originally posted by Priceless
                          Good to see you're so reasonable.
                          Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                          Very well, said.
                          Originally posted by Rover
                          A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post

The other day, I discovered a supplement that will reduce cow flatulence by 40%. I wonder if Obama will lend me a few mil to curtail this trend in global warming.

Comment

...[another tiresome attempt to bully by name-calling and non sequiters]...
                              If you have children and take them shopping with you, rule number one: if they break it, you pay for it.

Do you always advocate in favor of walking away from responsibility whenever it becomes inconvenient?
                              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post

Well, that explains why my friend left that company a few months ago. Got out just in time.

Comment

Working...
                                X