X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: ObamaRama 8

Not sure this belongs here but might as be Obamas fault as anyones
    http://www.thefoxnation.com/swastika...husetts?page=4

'If we allow Santa, what do we say if a child brings in a swastika?
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      Not sure this belongs here but might as be Obamas fault as anyones
      http://www.thefoxnation.com/swastika...husetts?page=4
      Back in the day, when I was in the AF in Tokyo (it was tough duty but somebody had to do it!) we used the term "zipperhead" to describe Japanese drivers (who are, uhh, a bit aggressive). We meant that perfectly normal people would get in their cars, unzip their heads, put their brains in the seat beside them and then hit the gas. I'm thinking we've had an outbreak of "zipperheaditis" here.
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
        You tell me. On a scale of 1-10 for limp wristed responses, that's about an 8.
        You, and your ilk, constantly wrap yourselves in the flag and the Constitution, but when "push comes to shove" you willfully abrogate what both stand for as a result of your own fears and to further your own political agenda. You lack the courage of your convictions to believe that even the most heinous persons won't meet justice under our laws. Your insistence on moving the goal line for political expediency is better suited to Iran or Zimbawbe.

And as far as "limp wristed" goes, you were in the Air Force. Aside from the A-10 and AC-130 crews, you guys always seemed a little "light" in the Cordovans.
        "We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." -Thomas Jefferson

"I confess I enjoy democracy immensely. It is incomparably idiotic, and hence incomparably amusing." -H. L. Mencken

sigpic

Comment

And it's not too hard for me to imagine one New York juror who would vote to acquit based on "excesses" by the government.
          While it's true you never know what you'll get in a jury, it's also true that once you're charged in Federal Court, you're generally ****ed. The Feds don't screw around, and if it makes it to the point where you're charged under Federal law, you're pretty much assured of going to jail. The only question is going to be for how long.

We're not talking an overworked, bustling county courthouse with state judges. This won't be the 2nd coming of the OJ trial.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottM View Post
            You, and your ilk, constantly wrap yourselves in the flag and the Constitution, but when "push comes to shove" you willfully abrogate what both stand for as a result of your own fears and to further your own political agenda. You lack the courage of your convictions to believe that even the most heinous persons won't meet justice under our laws. Your insistence on moving the goal line for political expediency is better suited to Iran or Zimbawbe.

And as far as "limp wristed" goes, you were in the Air Force. Aside from the A-10 and AC-130 crews, you guys always seemed a little "light" in the Cordovans.
            Me and my "ilk?" Let me see if I'm understanding your rant: to advocate that terrorists be tried in front of military tribunals (which has been upheld by our Supreme Court on multiple occasions) is an abrogation of both the flag AND the constitution?

And it's "my fears" that have resulted in "my insistence on moving the goal line," etc. etc. I have confidence in our justice system, the bad guys usually wind up convicted (OJ being a noteworthy exception). The question here is not the efficacy of the system but whether these monsters deserve access to it. I have no "political agenda", other than wanting these people dead, immediately if not sooner.

And maybe I shouldn't have said limp wristed, maybe limp d****d would have been more appropriate. As to the Air Force being light in their cordovans, I'm far less personally knowledgeable about that than you appear to be. But here's an unarguable concept: nobody ever asks for a rematch against the USAF, because they're all dead. Ding hoy.
            Last edited by Old Pio; 11-18-2009, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
              While it's true you never know what you'll get in a jury, it's also true that once you're charged in Federal Court, you're generally ****ed. The Feds don't screw around, and if it makes it to the point where you're charged under Federal law, you're pretty much assured of going to jail. The only question is going to be for how long.

We're not talking an overworked, bustling county courthouse with state judges. This won't be the 2nd coming of the OJ trial.
              All true, and I hope you're right. Remember, these pigs aren't bank robbers, or counterfeiters or murderers. They are international terrorists responsible for 3000 murders and untold disruption to our financial sysem.

What have they done to warrant the protections we give to citizens? Why should we give them a high profile platform to fire up other jihadists?

Comment

What have they done to warrant the protections we give to citizens? Why should we give them a high profile platform to fire up other jihadists?
                Because we're better than they are?

Comment

And the only way "prove" that is by giving them rights they're not entitled to?
                  It's interesting to note the president evidently plans to use military tribunals for other terrorists. So if there's some fundamental flaw with tribunals, why
                  would he want to try any terrorists before them?

Comment

OK, bring them to NY, and then put them in the general population at Rikers Island. How long do they last?
                    Problem = solved
                    Taxpayer $ spent -- not much
                    Justice served

Anyone have a problem with this?
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      OK, bring them to NY, and then put them in the general population at Rikers Island. How long do they last?
                      Problem = solved
                      Justice served

KSM, I'd like to introduce you to the president of the David Duke fan club. Let the games begin!

Remember on 9/11 (on the plane that went down in Pennsylvania) one of the passengers was a 6'6", 260 pound, gay Jewish rugby player? Just what one of those jihadists needed, a 6'6" 260 pound gay Jew with his hands around his scrawny neck! Talk about hitting for the jihadist cycle.
                      Last edited by Old Pio; 11-18-2009, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra View Post
                        Sometimes he makes sense, but not in this case. We are at war in Afghanistan and Iraq and military justice should prevail there, although not sure what that means from the result in gitmo and abu. The "war" on terror is nonsense... like "war" on drugs or "war" on poverty, it's not a real war.
                        Actually, we are engaged in military conflict, and until and if Congress chooses to actually declare war, that's how it's gonna be.

If Buchanan wants these people treated as enemy combatants, like the Japanese in WWII, that's what's gonna have to happen.
                        Last edited by rufus; 11-18-2009, 05:02 PM.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          Problem = solved
                          Justice served

Only that it would briefly divert attention from the pedophiles in gp.

Comment

"other jihadists" have known these guys were sitting in GITMO and being tortured for many years now. If that wasn't enough to get them fired up, why will they now all of a sudden?
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Obama, Holder predict conviction in 9/11 case

Odd prediction for someone that wants to set him free.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                we'll already be taking the second butt-reaming from the Wall Street big boys
                                Dude, you got some really sick fantasies.
                                Fighting the good fight

Comment

Working...
                                X