Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Cooks: Open Your Mystery Basket.

Originally posted by MattS View Post
    Anyone have any suggestions for another spice or a fruit that would go well with ginger? I am trying to make a ginger flavored liquor taste better and so far I have had no luck. I tried cinnamon and apples but neither helped.
    Nutmeg?
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Anyone have any suggestions for another spice or a fruit that would go well with ginger? I am trying to make a ginger flavored liquor taste better and so far I have had no luck. I tried cinnamon and apples but neither helped.
      Are you going for something spicy or something sweeter with that ginger "kick" to it? I'd look to various ginger food recipes to see how it's paired with other ingredients and then go from there.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
        Nutmeg?
        Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        Are you going for something spicy or something sweeter with that ginger "kick" to it? I'd look to various ginger food recipes to see how it's paired with other ingredients and then go from there.
        Both are good suggstions. I will look them both. Thank you!
        Last edited by MattS; 01-06-2015, 07:50 AM. Reason: Spelling idiot
        My Four Favorite teams:
        RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
        Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Season salt
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Season salt
            Interesting. I'll give that a shot ( ) also.
            My Four Favorite teams:

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

peach
              pear
              lemon
              molasses
              honey
              cardamom

Comment

The talk of grasshopper pie in this thread sounded good. Found a recipe to try out for New Year's Day. A few things I might change if I made it again, but overall it was boozy and good.
                Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

ginger goes very well with cloves.

Comment

Thank you to everyone with the suggestions for stuff to add to ginger. I am going to divide up what I have this weekend and try some of the suggestions. Again, thanks for the advise.
                    My Four Favorite teams:

Comment

Making Ghirardelli Chocolate Chip cheesecake for my aunt's birthday next week. Planning to put a layer of raspberry and chocolate ganache on top.

Comment

Working...
                      X