Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Cooks: Open Your Mystery Basket.

I have an asston of food leftover. In addition to the lasagna I made before Christmas. I didn't think I was gong to get any leftovers but my dad ended up getting a 17-lb ham for 7 people. we all had a good laugh about it. He sent me home with a ton of food. It was all magnificent.

The stuffing and ham were tremendous. Best I've ever had on both accounts.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Got my yearly portion of my aunt's lemon cake (from a recipe my great-grandma used). It's regular lemon cake, BUT she makes a sort of glaze, pokes holes in the cake with a toothpick, and then the glaze seeps into the cake. It's friggin' crack, man. So delicious.

Also got to have Swedish meatballs, and Grasshopper pie, which are only had at Christmas in our family.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Got my yearly portion of my aunt's lemon cake (from a recipe my great-grandma used). It's regular lemon cake, BUT she makes a sort of glaze, pokes holes in the cake with a toothpick, and then the glaze seeps into the cake. It's friggin' crack, man. So delicious.

Also got to have Swedish meatballs, and Grasshopper pie, which are only had at Christmas in our family.
        what is this?

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          what is this?
          http://lmgtfy.com/?q=grasshopper+pie

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
            And it's *ing delicious.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              And it's *ing delicious.
              That looks yummy! I make something like that but use chocolate wafers and the filling part as a dip. Slurp!

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                Fire up the grill for some kabobs. Toss the meat into a soup or a stew. I'm not sure if the meat will get overcooked in those foods or not, though.
                I already cooked the meat to medium rare, so... salad?
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

stirfry some veggies and add it in

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                    Christmas dinner was beef top loin strip steak and mashed potatoes.

However, I have leftover steak. One steak will be my work lunch tomorrow, but I would like ideas on how to use the last steak. I was thinking fajitas, but I could use more ideas...
                    Make an au jus, lightly warm the steak, cut thinly, get some quality bread and have a french dip. Or try a steak, egg and cheese omelette.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      Make an au jus, lightly warm the steak, cut thinly, get some quality bread and have a french dip. Or try a steak, egg and cheese omelette.
                      I'd vote for either of these. A French dip sounds good right now...wish I had a leftover steak right now.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Giada is back on the market, announcing her divorce after 11 years.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                          I saw that, it makes me feel sad.

So what's in the new years eve menu? BBQ ribs and panko breaded northern pike. I'd like to make the grasshoppers ahead, if I do that will the booze keep the ice cream from re-freezing solid? (as solid as ice cream can be anyway).
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I made a bastardized Black Tie Mousse Cake for my aunt and uncle (like the one at Olive Garden). I did a base layer of homemade chocolate genoise (some recipes called for cake mix - didn't want to do that). Then a layer of chocolate mousse, a layer of vanilla custard (both with a little gelatin to make them hold together as a cake), then topped with and a layer of chocolate ganache swirled with white chocolate. I slathered the sides with mini chocolate chips.

Recipe for the mousse, custard and ganache layers here. Holy ****, it is good. I am hoping they share it on New Year's Eve instead of hoarding it.

There were a lot of recipes that used a vanilla cheesecake layer instead of custard - but I liked the custard better. The cake is rich enough.

edit: I can say bastardized?!
                            Last edited by jen; 12-30-2014, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                              So you're saying there's a chance?
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Anyone have any suggestions for another spice or a fruit that would go well with ginger? I am trying to make a ginger flavored liquor taste better and so far I have had no luck. I tried cinnamon and apples but neither helped.
                                My Four Favorite teams:
                                RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
                                Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X