Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Cooks: Open Your Mystery Basket.

How are the Maple peanut butter ones to bake? Looks easy but then looks can be deceiving!
    Do they really make 5 dozen?

So many questions. Trying to find something new.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      How are the Maple peanut butter ones to bake? Looks easy but then looks can be deceiving!
      Do they really make 5 dozen?

So many questions. Trying to find something new.
      My favorites. They're as easy as plain old chocolate chip cookies. I got about 58 per batch using a tablespoon cookie scoop. Don't flatten them before baking. I use Mighty Maple PB from The Peanut Butter Company, because that's the kind I buy anyway.

Comment

Thanks! I have Skippy (the only kind Mr les will eat.) Hopefully that will work. I love those cookie scoops!

Comment

Saw this recipe and I want to make these:

Momofuku Compost Cookies

I believe, as jen said... everything Christina Tosi does is magic.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I made the peanut butter maple cookies and the Rolo turtles. They're both good, though I used macadamia nuts for the turtles, because I have an annoying reaction to pecans (as well as walnuts, cashews, pistachios and brazil nuts). Oddly, almonds, hazelnuts, and macadamias are OK.

Comment

Tried my hand at royal icing. Only issue I had was that it wasn't think enough to act as a border. Worked great as a flood icing.

Not sure how to fix that. I mixed it for 6-8 minutes trying to get it to thicken up. Only sub was using replacement egg white instead of hard to find merengue powder.
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

I burned 2 loaves of bread and bagels hate me. (non-cookie) Christmas baking is not going well so far. Going to try the bread again, since the only problem was the baking time, but I'm done with bagels for awhile.

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                Tried my hand at royal icing. Only issue I had was that it wasn't think enough to act as a border. Worked great as a flood icing.

Not sure how to fix that. I mixed it for 6-8 minutes trying to get it to thicken up. Only sub was using replacement egg white instead of hard to find merengue powder.
                More sugar would thicken it up.
                Last edited by jen; 12-17-2014, 07:46 AM.

Comment

11 lbs of butter and counting!

Comment

more cookie feedback: I had several gluten eaters tell me the gluten free molasses cookies were the best molasses cookies they've ever had. not sure they even knew they were gluten free. It's this recipe, subbing in GF flour for the cocoa. definitely recommend, although freezing the dough before baking is a good idea.

Comment

Mrs and I made a pumpkin cheesecake last night for my office pot luck today. We made it gluten free as there are "graham-like" gluten free crackers in the store now and we used them for the crust (Mrs has done it before). Should be good.

Comment

The Hanukkah Burger

It's a fried matzo ball, a chicken soup croquette, beef, pastrami, and apple butter mustard, all sandwiched between two fried latkes.

All the noes?
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Christmas dinner was beef top loin strip steak and mashed potatoes.

However, I have leftover steak. One steak will be my work lunch tomorrow, but I would like ideas on how to use the last steak. I was thinking fajitas, but I could use more ideas...

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post

However, I have leftover steak. One steak will be my work lunch tomorrow, but I would like ideas on how to use the last steak. I was thinking fajitas, but I could use more ideas...
                            I just had some leftover bacon wrapped filet for breakfast. Couple of eggs, leftover potatoes, and an English muffin. Damm tasty.
                            I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post

Fire up the grill for some kabobs. Toss the meat into a soup or a stew. I'm not sure if the meat will get overcooked in those foods or not, though.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
                                I just had some leftover bacon wrapped filet for breakfast. Couple of eggs, leftover potatoes, and an English muffin. Damm tasty.
                                /jealous

Comment

Working...
                                X