Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Cooks: Open Your Mystery Basket.

More deliciousness from Baked in Brooklyn: Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars. Made these for a work event.

Eveyrthing I've made from them is delicious. Not quite Tosi level, but close (although their recipes are generally less involved than hers).

Comment

For Thanksgiving, instead of the traditional meal, I'm thinking spaghetti with meatballs in a homemade marinara. Just because I haven't had spaghetti in a long, long time.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

If you go that route, go full on Sunday gravy.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Mom has promised to do Cornish game hens in lieu of turkey this year, since I will be the only person joining my parents for the holiday. It will be nice not to have to go through the two-day rigmarole of prepping/brining/roasting the bird.

Comment

• We have 18 coming for thanksgiving, our house is small, it doesn't have room for 18.not sure how big a turkey but...
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
              We have 18 coming for thanksgiving, our house is small, it doesn't have room for 18.not sure how big a turkey but...
              If my sister is one of the eighteen, it's not how big but how many turkeys.
              "This world is your world. Take it easy, but take it." - Woody Guthrie

Comment

Originally posted by Carter View Post
                If my sister is one of the eighteen, it's not how big but how many turkeys.
                Are you saying that your sister is more corn fed than grass fed?
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Christmas cookie week is only 3 weeks away. I need to start earlier this year, as some of the cookies have to be delivered on December 2.

List so far (and probably final):
                  Peanut Butter Maple (repeat)
                  Peppermint Candy Canes (repeat)
                  Maple Pecan Slices (repeat)
                  Gluten Free Molasses (new)
                  Brutti ma buena (new)
                  Peppermint Shortbread (new)
                  Gingerbread Snickerdoodles (new)
                  Grasshoppers (repeat)
                  Chocolate Cornflake Wreaths (new)
                  Chocolate Raspberry Rugelach (repeat)
                  Rum Pecan Praline Shortbread (new)
                  Mandelbrot (Zingerman's recipe... not online) (repeat)
                  Dark Chocolate Buttercrunch (repeat)
                  Peppermint Bark (repeat)
                  Cranberry Pecan Bark (repeat)
                  Chocolate Peppermint Pinwheels (repeat)
                  Dark Chocolate Ginger Bark (new)

No brandy snaps or white chocolate raspberry thumbprints this year. Still considering gingerbread palmiers, since I let them get the best of me last year. I picked a few festive-looking ones to donate to a local housing authority for their Christmas parties. Most excited to try the gingerbread snickerdoodles.
                  Last edited by jen; 11-07-2014, 09:25 AM.

Comment

If I am doing spaghetti and meatballs on Thanksgiving, would garlic bread sticks and a salad of some kind work as sides?
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Also, in my Twitter feed, I'm starting to see "healthy" (read: low-fat) Thanksgiving and Christmas recipes pop up. Since when is Thanksgiving dinner supposed to be low-fat? I thought it was a day devoted to gluttony of the highest order. You put on your sweatpants, park your butt at the table, and eat until you can't squeeze any more food into you.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                        Christmas cookie week is only 3 weeks away. I need to start earlier this year, as some of the cookies have to be delivered on December 2.

List so far (and probably final):
                        Peanut Butter Maple (repeat)
                        Peppermint Candy Canes (repeat)
                        Maple Pecan Slices (repeat)
                        Gluten Free Molasses (new)
                        Brutti ma buena (new)
                        Peppermint Shortbread (new)
                        Gingerbread Snickerdoodles (new)
                        Grasshoppers (repeat)
                        Chocolate Cornflake Wreaths (new)
                        Chocolate Raspberry Rugelach (repeat)
                        Rum Pecan Praline Shortbread (new)
                        Mandelbrot (Zingerman's recipe... not online) (repeat)
                        Dark Chocolate Buttercrunch (repeat)
                        Peppermint Bark (repeat)
                        Cranberry Pecan Bark (repeat)
                        Chocolate Peppermint Pinwheels (repeat)
                        Dark Chocolate Ginger Bark (new)

No brandy snaps or white chocolate raspberry thumbprints this year. Still considering gingerbread palmiers, since I let them get the best of me last year. I picked a few festive-looking ones to donate to a local housing authority for their Christmas parties. Most excited to try the gingerbread snickerdoodles.
                        Holy ****,
                        My mom used to make about 20 different cookies and they were highly sought after by friends and neighbors. I'm thinking Fed Ex delivers too bad I couldn't eat any of them if they were dropped in front of me. That list looks like 5lbs of instant weight gain
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                          If I am doing spaghetti and meatballs on Thanksgiving, would garlic bread sticks and a salad of some kind work as sides?
                          Maybe upgrade to garlic cheese sticks since it's Thanksgiving. Deck out the salad a bit, and you're good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            Maybe upgrade to garlic cheese sticks since it's Thanksgiving. Deck out the salad a bit, and you're good to go.
                            The plan for the salad was to use spring mix, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, sliced red onions, and a homemade dressing.

Comment

If I showed up to Thanksgiving and there was spaghetti, I'd turn around and be out the door in less than 5 seconds. Turkey, stuffing, mashed taters, sweet potatoes with marshmallows, green bean casserole, corn puddin', gravy over everything. Mmmmmmmmmm
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                                If I showed up to Thanksgiving and there was spaghetti, I'd turn around and be out the door in less than 5 seconds. Turkey, stuffing, mashed taters, sweet potatoes with marshmallows, green bean casserole, corn puddin', gravy over everything. Mmmmmmmmmm
                                About that... if I had company coming, or I were cooking for extended family, I would go traditional. However, it will be my dad and I for the fourth year in a row, and since we'll be alone, I chose the non-traditional route. And to me, spaghetti and meatballs sounded WAY more appetizing than turkey + sides for the umpteenth year in a row.

Comment

Working...
                                X