Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: USCHO Cooks: Open Your Mystery Basket.

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    I never had a problem with Olive Garden the few times that I've been there, but I've also never had one particularly close to me either so I could probably count on my fingers the number of times I've been there in my life. Though, the last time I was there was almost 10 years ago, now that I think about it.

That said, any time I have been there the place has been packed. It's funny to think about that when everyone that ever speaks of it only does so with great disdain.
    My biggest problem with Olive Garden is that for the prices they charge, I would rather support a local, family-owned Italian place, where I am likely to get much better food and service. I realize not everyone has access to that, but I'm just saying...

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      My biggest problem with Olive Garden is that for the prices they charge, I would rather support a local, family-owned Italian place, where I am likely to get much better food and service. I realize not everyone has access to that, but I'm just saying...
      Completely agree. That's probably the only reason I haven't gone there in a long *** time. And to think that they don't even salt their goddam water because of the pans? Give me a break. What a crock of ****.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Anyone use a Foodsaver vacuum packer? I have more beans than I can deal with. thinking of getting one.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          Anyone use a Foodsaver vacuum packer? I have more beans than I can deal with. thinking of getting one.
          Yes, my dad's used it for freezing venison and duck/goose meat. When it works, it keeps the freezer burn off the meat for at least a year. It can be frustrating to operate though, as the bags can't be too small or too big, you have to use their expensive vacuum bags, and the heat sealer is not always foolproof.

Comment

I don't have a hatred for Olive Garden like some do, but that is because I take it for what it is. Average quasi-Italian food that usually tastes decent enough, without being anything special. I do rarely go there, because I can usually find a decent enough alternative option, that I would expect to have better food (local Italian place, for example) I remember the salad and breadsticks being very good as well, but it has been a long time, so they may have gone downhill.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Thanks. Your email hit my phone as I was standing in the aisle contemplating. Bit the bullet and got one. I have so many beans I should be able to eat them until next season but not if they have freezer burn!

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                Thanks. Your email hit my phone as I was standing in the aisle contemplating. Bit the bullet and got one. I have so many beans I should be able to eat them until next season but not if they have freezer burn!
                Can them. My wife's family pickles them and they are downright delicious.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I guess this should go here...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00M2O...=IXP0V5UWJGQYO

Coke is bringing Surge back, exclusively through Amazon. Shut up and take my money!

Comment

Ah yes, Surge - the drink that pretty much laid the groundwork for our entire generation of energy drink addicts.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Ah yes, Surge - the drink that pretty much laid the groundwork for our entire generation of energy drink addicts.
                      Wasn't it really designed to compete with Mointain Dew?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                        Wasn't it really designed to compete with Mointain Dew?
                        Yes, that's correct. That's also how it was marketed - skateboarders, snowboarders, "rebel" culture, etc. Actually, both of them, along with Jolt Cola and Red Bull, can be thought of as the granddaddies of the energy drink market that led to the explosion of Monster, Rockstar, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                          I guess this should go here...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00M2O...=IXP0V5UWJGQYO

Coke is bringing Surge back, exclusively through Amazon. Shut up and take my money!
                          Omgomgomgomgomg
                          Code:
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

So I made some from scratch meatballs and from scratch marinara.

Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              So I made some from scratch meatballs and from scratch marinara.

Fresh marinara > anything out of a jar.
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Except if you don't have time.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X