Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USCHO Cooks: Open Your Mystery Basket.

Continue.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Re: USCHO Cooks: Open Your Mystery Basket.

So, tonight I'm making this: http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/S...-Bread-Pudding

And for tomorrow morning, I'm making this: http://thecakeeccentric.wordpress.co...-french-toast/

Somewhere, Xzibit is saying, "Yo dawg, I herd u like French toast..."
    Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
    I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
    Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
      So, tonight I'm making this: http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/S...-Bread-Pudding

And for tomorrow morning, I'm making this: http://thecakeeccentric.wordpress.co...-french-toast/

Somewhere, Xzibit is saying, "Yo dawg, I herd u like French toast..."
      That French Toast looks good!

And I picked up a basket of jalapenos at the Farmer's Market yesterday. Other than salsa, what can I do?
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
        That French Toast looks good!

And I picked up a basket of jalapenos at the Farmer's Market yesterday. Other than salsa, what can I do?
        I was at a friends the other night and he made what he called armadillo eggs. they were japlepenos that he cut the tops off and then the seeds out, stuffed them with cheese, then covered them with ground beef and grilled them. They were not bad. He made the beef layer a little thin so as it cooked on some of them the beef shrank up and exposed the jalapenos as the burger fell apart a bit but on others it stuck ok. I would think if you mixed in some egg or breadcrumbs it might help keep it together some.

Comment

I went with this recipe for dinner tonight. It was pretty delicious. And, not bad for my first ever dinner using a Crock Pot. I ended up adding in a small can of chile peppers, some beans, and some taco seasoning, so it ended up more like a chili and less like a chowder, but it was still pretty freaking delicious. And, now I've got leftovers for the whole week.
          Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Cooked my first pizza (frozen, unfortunately) on the pizza stone I got. Why didn't I start using one of these sooner? Perfect, crispy crust.

Comment

Subscribed because after the State Fair I need to get back to eating real food.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Made a loaf of bread with 2 cups of whole wheat, 2 cups of bread flour, 1/2 cup of Demerara sugar, water, yeast, and salt, and it rose. I'm hoping I didn't add too much sugar.

Comment

Made a loaf of bread with 2 cups of whole wheat, 2 cups of bread flour, 1/2 cup of Demerara sugar, water, yeast, and salt, and it rose. I'm hoping I didn't add too much sugar.
                  Seems to me to be a bit on the high side for a normal sandwich loaf, but certainly fine for an anadama-style bread.

I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Comment

Seems to me to be a bit on the high side for a normal sandwich loaf, but certainly fine for an anadama-style bread.
                    I'm essentially using it for toast, and it tastes pretty good. Tomorrow, I'll try it as a sandwich.

Comment

*opens basket*

-Fruit Leather
                      -Pale Ale
                      -Dijon Mustard
                      -Snails

Crap

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        *opens basket*

-Fruit Leather
                        -Pale Ale
                        -Dijon Mustard
                        -Snails

Crap
                        You have 30 minutes to complete your entree. Time starts now.

Comment

You have 30 minutes to complete your entree. Time starts now.
                          Can he use the snails as bait to catch a fish?

Comment

Can he use the snails as bait to catch a fish?
                            No, but he has full use of the pantry and fridge.

Comment

Make a pale ale/fruit leather reduction, which barely turns out in time and probably tastes disgusting.

Drizzle over butter-sauteed snails (shells removed) with a perfunctory salad on the side for which I've produced a Dijon vinaigrette. Pray the lack of integration isn't a big deal, even though odds are I'm getting the boot.

Comment

Working...
                              X