Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vacante

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

Part of Obamacare or the War on Crime?
    Here is some food for thought...We should place the elderly in prisons. They will get a shower a day, video surveillance in case of problems, three meals a day, access to a library, computer, TV, gym, doctors on-site, free medication if needed.
    Put criminals in nursing homes. They have cold meals, lights off at 7pm, two showers a week, live in a smaller room and pay rent at $4,000 a month!!! It's pretty sad that we treat prisoners better than the elderly...
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      I didn't see it but a friend at lunch today said Jon Stewart had a "man on the street" bit where democrats were asked, in five words or less, to describe their candidate. The responses were things like, "it's not all his fault," or "doing the best he can." That's what politics has come to.
      On the one hand, it's John Stewart... he's a comic, you know.

On the other hand, it does underscore what I meant, so I'll take it.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Meet congressman Yvette Clarke (D-dim bulb), who thinks there was slavery in Brooklyn as late as 1898. She's gaining on Sheila Jackson Lee.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/05/de...-as-1898-video
        Last edited by Old Pio; 09-05-2012, 07:41 PM.
        2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

This Nazi business seems to be catching on.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...s-to-nazis-at/

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Pio View Post

And it's not even Spring!!
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

So Romney is at a high water mark. He and BO are tied nationally in RCP's average. Meanwhilie, Nate Silver has pushed Obama's odds to an all time high.

I guess the thinking is that Romney got small bumps from both the Ryan pick and the GOP convention. But the key is that they are smaller than expected. This evidently pushes Obama to 76.3% or big time.

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post

Somehow someone behaving like Eva Braun means that the GOP are like nazis.

It appears Fox editors are the only people on the planet who believe this. Who am I to disagree with them?
              Last edited by 5mn_Major; 09-05-2012, 11:58 PM.
              Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                And it's not even Spring!!

Concierge: Who d'ya want? Nobody gets in the building unless I know who they want. I'm the "concierge". My husband used to be the "concierge", but he's dead. Now I'M the "concierge".
                Max Bialystock: We are seeking Franz Liebkind.
                Concierge: Oh... the Kraut! He's on the top floor, apartment 23.
                Max Bialystock: Thank you...
                Concierge: ...But you won't find him there... he's up on the roof with his boids. He keeps boids. Dirty... disgusting... filthy... lice-ridden boids. You used to be able to sit out on the stoop like a person. Not anymore! No, sir! Boids!... You get my drift?
                Leo Bloom: We... uh... get your "drift". Thank you, madam.
                Concierge: I'm not a "madam"! I'm a "concierge"!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                  So Romney is at a high water mark. He and BO are tied nationally in RCP's average. Meanwhilie, Nate Silver has pushed Obama's odds to an all time high.

I guess the thinking is that Romney got small bumps from both the Ryan pick and the GOP convention. But the key is that they are smaller than expected. This evidently pushes Obama to 76.3% or big time.

Somehow someone behaving like Eva Braun means that the GOP are like nazis.

It appears Fox editors are the only people on the planet who believe this. Who am I to disagree with them?
                  Do you take your Kool-aid neat? A truly amazing intellectual (and I use that term advisedly) inversion: repeated Democrat allusions to Republicans acting like various Nazi all-stars is okay because the Republicans are, you know, acting like Nazis.
                  Last edited by Old Pio; 09-06-2012, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post

Nazi's?!!!

Comment

An analyst claims that if the S&P stays above 1200 (its at 1400 now), Obama wins.

Maybe its closer to 1250...but pretty much.
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

An analyst claims that if the S&P stays above 1200 (its at 1400 now), Obama wins.

Maybe its closer to 1250...but pretty much.
                        Really? I'd say if the price gas keeps going up he is toast
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Silver hasn't actually "pushed" anything; his model's odds been moving in Obama's direction lately because:

1) Even though pop vote is about even, Romney trails in too many battleground states.
                          2) The clock is ticking.
                          3) There is a built-in "sine curve" in the model that tries to flatten out convention bounces and Romney got too small a one. (Your point above)

*****http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2012/08/29/us/politics/29fivethirtyeight-bounce/29fivethirtyeight-bounce-custom1.gif******
                          4) Economic indicators have been trending up and that helps the incumbent in the model.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 09-06-2012, 09:37 AM.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            Really? I'd say if the price gas keeps going up he is toast
                            Lots of things are important: unemployment, gas prices, food prices, house values, stock market.

At this point gas prices and the stock market are probably about the only things that have the volatility to really move hard in either candidate's direction.
                            Cornell University

Comment

It's interesting to see that the Democrats basically are banking on the majority of the voting populace being stupid, or at least unable to think clearly enough to make a connection.

They keep talking about what terrible things the Republicans will do to address the nation's problems, while offering no solutions of their own. do the Democrats really believe that only by increasing taxes on "the rich" that all of our fiscal problems will be solved?

Obama says he wants to spend spend spend (okay "invest" "invest" "invest") yet offers no way to pay for that "investment." and sheeply meekly accept that without question?

yikes.
                              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                                It's interesting to see that the Democrats basically are banking on the majority of the voting populace being stupid, or at least unable to think clearly enough to make a connection.

They keep talking about what terrible things the Republicans will do to address the nation's problems, while offering no solutions of their own. do the Democrats really believe that only by increasing taxes on "the rich" that all of our fiscal problems will be solved?

Obama says he wants to spend spend spend (okay "invest" "invest" "invest") yet offers no way to pay for that "investment." and sheeply meekly accept that without question?

yikes.
                                This is some good comedy here.

All I ask is that Mitt Romney pay the same percentage as Paul Ryan. Under the new Republican plan that gap widens.

And Bill Clinton gave a policy speech last night. I didn't hear a single policy speech out of any of the RNC guys last week. So, who doesn't offer solutions?
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X