Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vacante

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kepler
    replied
    Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
    I only assess you by what you say on here and interact with me on, and in those cases you always (to the best of my recollection) stake out quite liberal positions and support politicians who push those positions. Show me otherwise. I'm not some newb you can dupe. I've seen your postings for a good many years. It's not becoming to pretend your something you're not. I'll lay off though. It's obvious I hit a nerve.
    No, you are making the mistake of putting yourself at the center of the ruler. I would say Handy and/or LynahFan are about the closest thing we have here to centrists, give or take an inch. FlagDude and some of his brethren are getting a few more inches to the right. FF is whatever Drudge tells him to be that morning. You are about 3 feet to the right, but perhaps because Pio is 37 miles to the right you see yourself as centrist.
    Last edited by Kepler; 09-27-2012, 02:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
    In the 60s and 70s we were protesting against Nixon and too much government power, today we are still resisting the concentration of too much government power. Back then it was a liberal thing to do, today it is a conservative thing to do; yet it's exactly the same protest against exactly the same danger.
    That's funny cause when I think of conservatives the last thing I think of is less government power. Seems to me they spend all their time on what women do with their bodies, which two people are getting married, and who is voting in an election.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Gray
    replied

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Just because I dont think you should be able to shoot illegals on your front lawn and support the rights of women to keep your hands out of their uteruses doesnt make me far left. Sure compared to you I am far left but compared to you your Idol Paul Ryan is far left. If you knew anything about me (which you prove you dont every time you pull your head out of your *** to try and speak) you would know how asinine your opinion of me truly is.

You are out of your league old man, go back to crying over the War on Christians!
    It doesn't work well to write a highly whiney paragraph and then throw a smiley face on the end.

I only assess you by what you say on here and interact with me on, and in those cases you always (to the best of my recollection) stake out quite liberal positions and support politicians who push those positions. Show me otherwise. I'm not some newb you can dupe. I've seen your postings for a good many years. It's not becoming to pretend your something you're not. I'll lay off though. It's obvious I hit a nerve.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Agreement with views is one thing. I'm just happy to see that someone wants to state their own views, rather than what someone tells them to state. In this country, I may disagree with what you have to say, but I will support your freedom to say it.
    If the majority thought this way everything would be 100 times better.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Hilarious effort to paint yourself as a moderate. Now go back to pushing the far left agenda.
    Just because I dont think you should be able to shoot illegals on your front lawn and support the rights of women to keep your hands out of their uteruses doesnt make me far left. Sure compared to you I am far left but compared to you your Idol Paul Ryan is far left. If you knew anything about me (which you prove you dont every time you pull your head out of your *** to try and speak) you would know how asinine your opinion of me truly is.

You are out of your league old man, go back to crying over the War on Christians!

Leave a comment:

• Bob Gray
    replied

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
    In the 60s and 70s we were protesting against Nixon and too much government power, today we are still resisting the concentration of too much government power. Back then it was a liberal thing to do, today it is a conservative thing to do; yet it's exactly the same protest against exactly the same danger.
    That's a very interesting observation. Guess I'll need to get me a tie-died t-shirt or two!

Leave a comment:

• FreshFish
    replied

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
    I'm pretty sure this is just a restatement of "My friends to the left of me think I'm to their right. My friends to the right of me think I'm to their left." Tautological, but it doesn't prove that you're a moderate.
    I like the way George Carlin said it better: "Anyone who drives faster than me is a maniac, and anyone who drives more slowly than me is an idiot."

The questionnaires that perform some kind of broad-spectrum affiliation test score me highest with Green and second-highest with Libertarian, so go figure....I believe in liberal values as delivered by the private sector. In the 60s and 70s we were protesting against Nixon and too much government power, today we are still resisting the concentration of too much government power. Back then it was a liberal thing to do, today it is a conservative thing to do; yet it's exactly the same protest against exactly the same danger.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Gray
    replied

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
    I'm pretty sure this is just a restatement of "My friends to the left of me think I'm to their right. My friends to the right of me think I'm to their left." Tautological, but it doesn't prove that you're a moderate.
    Points toward Handy.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Gray
    replied

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    Hilarious effort to paint yourself a moderate. Now go back to pushing the far right agenda.
    Typical thinking of today's democratic party. If you are moderate they call you a looney right.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    My liberal friends call me a republican. My conservative friends call me a hippie. I'm not going to label myself, just swing when it comes to issues.
    When I moved from Palo Alto to Boston I somehow went from being a "liberal" when I left to a "libertarian" when I arrived.

Foreground is nothing without background.

Leave a comment:

• FlagDUDE08
    replied

My liberal friends call me a republican. My conservative friends call me a hippie. I'm not going to label myself, just swing when it comes to issues.

Leave a comment:

• bronconick
    replied

My liberal friends think I'm a conservative. My conservative friends think I'm a liberal.

I guess on average you're saying I'm mainstream!
    Hilarious effort to paint yourself a moderate. Now go back to pushing the far right agenda.

Leave a comment:

• LynahFan
    replied

My liberal friends think I'm a conservative. My conservative friends think I'm a liberal.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Gray
    replied

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    You don't think the right has swung wildly to its fringe in the last ten years?

I suppose you don't think the left swung wildly to its fringe in the 70's?

And the thing is, you're not even mainstream right anymore! You have some... interesting... views on immigration and reproductive health, but your views on economic and social justice are utterly anathema to the current GOP. To them, YOU are far left!

I guess on average you're saying I'm mainstream!
    Last edited by Bob Gray; 09-27-2012, 12:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FreshFish
    replied

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
    Typical thinking of today's republican party. If you are moderate they call you a looney left.

yeah, whenever I get into a conversation with real Republicans they get impatient with me for my moderation. This is about the only place I've ever been outside of a union rally where I'm considered right wing. My support for the estate tax and a wealth tax and my statements saying some redistribution of wealth is not only reasonable but desireable immediately get me excommunicated!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X