Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vacante

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
    If you don't know that by now, I can't help you.
    The only thing he questions now is the decision to hitch his career to Mitt Romney. Probably makes him one of the stupidest men on the planet. Almost as dumb as McCain was hitching himself to the walking publicity stunt.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      OMG you seriously dont get that I am just using this as a way to mock your reasoning for voting for Buffoon 43? Seriously...I am not exactly hiding it. I was not a fan of any bailout I wanted everything to crater especially the banks! (once the bailouts started though I half supported the GM bailout) I didnt realize my mocking was so above your head next time I will spell it out better for you

And if you think I am a democrat then that further proves you havent read anything I have ever posted. That makes you nothing but a troll...a more lighthearted version of Old Pio. (who once thought I was a KKK sympathizer despite my being Jewish) Still a step above FreshFish though whose posts are almost as annoying as 5mn_Majors.

DING, DING, DING: Obligatory "I'm Jewish" reference from Handy.
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        What a pant load. A majority of Dems are on welfare
        This may be the dumbest post (my own excluded) I have ever read.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
          This may be the dumbest post (my own excluded) I have ever read.
          Yeah but it was fun
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            OMG you seriously dont get that I am just using this as a way to mock your reasoning for voting for Buffoon 43? Seriously...I am not exactly hiding it. I was not a fan of any bailout I wanted everything to crater especially the banks! (once the bailouts started though I half supported the GM bailout) I didnt realize my mocking was so above your head next time I will spell it out better for you

And if you think I am a democrat then that further proves you havent read anything I have ever posted. That makes you nothing but a troll...a more lighthearted version of Old Pio. (who once thought I was a KKK sympathizer despite my being Jewish) Still a step above FreshFish though whose posts are almost as annoying as 5mn_Majors.
            You're starting to sound like a C-SPAN right-winger. What I mean by that is they call in and say "I'm a republican, but I support the left." However, if what you say is true, and I am not denying that possibility whatsoever, then it's good to hear we're on the same page when it comes to bailouts. I'm sick of this feel-good mentality. If you screwed up, you pay the consequences. Obviously in the pre-Great Depression time there weren't necessarily options available, but given the plan I outlined earlier, keeping it available but you choose not to take it, and you screw up, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              a more lighthearted version of Old Pio. (who once thought I was a KKK sympathizer despite my being Jewish)
              Well, technically that's still possible.
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

The GOP has reached its reductio ad absurdum: if math shows Obama ahead, then math is wrong.

A concise refutation of the latest craze in the Echo Chamber.

For those Republicans who stick their fingers in their ears and say "la la la" about biology and physics, math was always just a short step.

In the end the Party would announce that two and two made five, and you would have to believe it. It was inevitable that they should make that claim sooner or later: the logic of their position demanded it. Not merely the validity of experience, but the very existence of external reality, was tacitly denied by their philosophy.
                Last edited by Kepler; 09-26-2012, 08:35 AM.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

We Red Sox fans know that no lead is safe.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    We Red Sox fans know that no lead is safe.
                    Sing it, brother.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I'm all for questioning the biases of polling firms especially ones with a track record of slanting results. However when even Fox and Rasmussen have Mittens getting croaked in swing states its time to give up the ghost on that story. Both of these outfits have no interest in showing an Obama lead.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                        I'm all for questioning the biases of polling firms especially ones with a track record of slanting results. However when even Fox and Rasmussen have Mittens getting croaked in swing states its time to give up the ghost on that story. Both of these outfits have no interest in showing an Obama lead.
                        This goes way beyond accusation of skewing, it's rejecting a mathematically-coherent methodology in favor of wishing and fantasy. It's the statistical equivalent of Creationism: "the empirical evidence does not validate my a priori hypothesis, therefore I will substitute a lot of gibberish and my audience who is ignorant of and even frightened by the scientific method will go along with it."

The C, D and F students have decided that because there are more of them* they can just outvote the A students on matters of reality.

(* except at Harvard...)
                        Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          This goes way beyond accusation of skewing, it's rejecting a mathematically-coherent methodology in favor of wishing and fantasy. It's the statistical equivalent of Creationism: "the empirical evidence does not validate my a priori hypothesis, therefore I will substitute a lot of gibberish and my audience who is ignorant of and even frightened by the scientific method will go along with it."

The C, D and F students have decided that because there are more of them* they can just outvote the A students on matters of reality.

(* except at Harvard...)
                          Hey, its all good. Election day will settle who's right on this once and for all. I do recall back in 2006 Karl Rove claimed to have his own polling showing the GOP would only lose 12 seats in the House in Nov thus keeping the majority. It was also said he had an analysis ready to publish about how polling firms were inaccurate. Given that they lost 30 seats that night, I'm guessing that report ended up in the circular filing cabinet.

Comment

Hey, its all good. Election day will settle who's right on this once and for all. I do recall back in 2006 Karl Rove claimed to have his own polling showing the GOP would only lose 12 seats in the House in Nov thus keeping the majority. It was also said he had an analysis ready to publish about how polling firms were inaccurate. Given that they lost 30 seats that night, I'm guessing that report ended up in the circular filing cabinet.
                            And yet, you're so convinced the same thing could not happen to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              And yet, you're so convinced the same thing could not happen to you.
                              Anything's possible Flaggy. What I will say to you is that Mittens needs to go 3 for 3 in these debates. Right now he's in the same position Kerry was in at this time in 2004. Losing. Kerry managed to get some traction after croaking the dimwitted Bush in all three debates. Not enough obviously, but Romney needs a similar game changer.

Comment

Anything's possible Flaggy. What I will say to you is that Mittens needs to go 3 for 3 in these debates. Right now he's in the same position Kerry was in at this time in 2004. Losing. Kerry managed to get some traction after croaking the dimwitted Bush in all three debates. Not enough obviously, but Romney needs a similar game changer.
                                If I had a nickel for every post you made that assumed I am supporting Romney, I could pay off the national debt.

Comment

Working...
                                X