Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vacante

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
    Funny, Bush's deficits were never near every year has been under Obama. I wonder when Obama get reelected and he's in his 8th year office, if he (and his supporters) will start taking responsibility for their fiscal irresponsibility. I criticized Bush for his $400-$500 billion deficits. I'll criticize Obama even more for his $1.2 trillion plus deficits. The charade you Obama supporters are putting on is just so hollow. He talks out of both sides of his mouth time and again. He proposes and pushes through more and more spending, then gives a perfunctory remark about reigning in the deficit, never does a thing about it, and you all buy it hook, line, and sinker.

Obama is like a manager that takes over in July at 10 GB, ends up 40 GB at the end of the season, and claims things got better. And some people actually buy it, even though the numbers starkly go the opposite direction. But, such is why we're heading for fiscal disaster at an ever faster clip.
    It's all so simple when you don't understand how numbers work.

http://www.factcheck.org/2011/06/rom...-auto-bailout/
    As we have written twice before, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office projected the fiscal year 2009 deficit at $1.2 trillion two weeks before Obama took office. That fiscal year started Oct. 1, 2008. The fiscal year was already nearly one-third over when Obama took office on Jan. 20, 2009. After Obama took office, the deficit increased to $1.4 trillion for fiscal year 2009. At the end of the fiscal year, the CBO largely blamed the 2009 deficit on the recession, specifically a sharp decline in tax revenues and an increase in spending in response to the economic crisis — first by Bush and later by Obama.

Under Obama's watch, federal spending has remained at or near that level. In an April 2011 report, the CBO said (table 1-1) the actual deficit for fiscal year 2010 was nearly $1.3 trillion and the estimated deficit for the current budget is $1.4 trillion.

Republicans frequently make the argument that deficit spending should have returned to pre-recession levels by now, and that's an opinion that we leave for you to judge. But even if you go back to fiscal year 2008 — the last full year of the Bush administration — Romney's claim that Obama increased deficits "by a factor of four or five" would be way off base.
    A better analogy to yours would be Obama taking over a team 10GB, losing a key player, and having people ***** that's only 7GB now.
    Originally posted by dicaslover
    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Let me ask you an honest question... From a standpoint of your own fiscal being, and I'm only referring to fiscal decisions that are completely under your direct control, what do you do when prices go up, but your allotment of money remains the same?
      Democratic household approach. I can work more hours while also reducing spending to pay for what I want.

Republical approach. I'll take a job for less money (akin to a tax cut) but increase my spending on expense toys (defense spending) and finance it with multiple credit cards (national debt).
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        Democratic household approach. I can work more hours while also reducing spending to pay for what I want.

Republical approach. I'll take a job for less money (akin to a tax cut) but increase my spending on expense toys (defense spending) and finance it with multiple credit cards (national debt).
        What a pant load. A majority of Dems are on welfare
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          A majority of Dems are on welfare
          Link?

Also, answer this question. How is it that the Blue States send more to the Federal Treasury than they receive back?

Thanks.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
            It's all so simple when you don't understand how numbers work.

http://www.factcheck.org/2011/06/rom...-auto-bailout/

A better analogy to yours would be Obama taking over a team 10GB, losing a key player, and having people ***** that's only 7GB now.
            So the budget deficit is going higher each year under Obama and my $1.2 trillion reference was lowballing it. Got it.
            Originally posted by Priceless
            Good to see you're so reasonable.
            Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
            Very well, said.
            Originally posted by Rover
            A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Ryan questions what?
              If you don't know that by now, I can't help you.
              Originally posted by Priceless
              Good to see you're so reasonable.
              Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
              Very well, said.
              Originally posted by Rover
              A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

He questions anything a (D) says...nothing else. He is a fraud.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

It seemed like a good idea at the time (Part ___)
                  http://news.yahoo.com/dow-drops-100-...--finance.html
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Sherpaderp.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Let me ask you an honest question... From a standpoint of your own fiscal being, and I'm only referring to fiscal decisions that are completely under your direct control, what do you do when prices go up, but your allotment of money remains the same?
                      I don't voluntarily take a pay cut, for one.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        No I read, I was just curious what your MBA having Messiah did to pay off his bailouts that is all. You dont need to be a Yale grad to understand my point
                        Then you obviously didn't understand it, because you didn't realise that I called out BOTH of them. You're so blinded by your democrat religion that you don't have a clear understanding of what's happening.

Comment

Yes. 47% of the US.
                          Go Gophers!

Comment

Walrus, you are a f-ing moron if you believed that. The average salary of a democrat is significantly higher than that of a republican. Sure the republicans have the market cornered on the rich *****-hole business men, but the same is true for poor conservative people. Look at how many of the solidly republican states suck on federal government's *** for all its worth. And those red states would be doubly f'ed if it weren't for a massive federal jobs program called the DOD. You are so brainwashed it is ridiculous. (I can't believe I'm taking the bait, this is an obvious troll)

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                              Yes. 47% of the US.
                              If it were true that the 47% that don't pay federal income tax are all going to vote Obama he would win in a landslide (like 75% of the popular vote).

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                Then you obviously didn't understand it, because you didn't realise that I called out BOTH of them. You're so blinded by your democrat religion that you don't have a clear understanding of what's happening.
                                OMG you seriously dont get that I am just using this as a way to mock your reasoning for voting for Buffoon 43? Seriously...I am not exactly hiding it. I was not a fan of any bailout I wanted everything to crater especially the banks! (once the bailouts started though I half supported the GM bailout) I didnt realize my mocking was so above your head next time I will spell it out better for you

And if you think I am a democrat then that further proves you havent read anything I have ever posted. That makes you nothing but a troll...a more lighthearted version of Old Pio. (who once thought I was a KKK sympathizer despite my being Jewish) Still a step above FreshFish though whose posts are almost as annoying as 5mn_Majors.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X