Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vacante

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    Yup Flagg, totally believe you. Every conservative is an "independent" as soon as Romney's poll numbers go down.
    Especially considering I've been saying I won't vote for Romney even months before he become the Republican nominee. Let your religion tell you all "sinners" are Republicans, though.

Comment

• Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Mitt Romney only paid 13% and you guys are still going ape over us calling him out on it? Really?

When Mitt's percentage is lower than mine, then and only then will I believe all this drivel you keep posting.
      And now for FlagDUDE08's "Lessons on How to Confuse a Democrat"

Lesson #101: Democrats only understand percentages. Whether it's 1%, 13%, 35%, whatever it may be. So, when you're in conversation with them, throw in the number "101". They won't understand, because you can't possibly have 101%.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        And now for FlagDUDE08's "Lessons on How to Confuse a Democrat"

Lesson #101: Democrats only understand percentages. Whether it's 1%, 13%, 35%, whatever it may be. So, when you're in conversation with them, throw in the number "101". They won't understand, because you can't possibly have 101%.
        Sure you can. Just like you can divide by zero. I understand the difference just fine. Also the argument works the other way. Basically your argument is if someone making 50,000 a year pays 5,000 in taxes and Mitt makes 26 million dollars a year and pays 10,000 in taxes Mitt has met his tax obligation.

That's BS, and you know it.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Amazing how you look at Obama's taxes and he gives very little charity, a much lower percentage than Romney, but we never hear a word about it. But, that would infringe upon the media's carefully crafted re-elect Obama narrative, so it's DOA.
          Originally posted by Priceless
          Good to see you're so reasonable.
          Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
          Very well, said.
          Originally posted by Rover
          A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Sure you can. Just like you can divide by zero. I understand the difference just fine. Also the argument works the other way. Basically your argument is if someone making 50,000 a year pays 5,000 in taxes and Mitt makes 26 million dollars a year and pays 10,000 in taxes Mitt has met his tax obligation.

It's the same argument, because you are still making a percentage comparison. You just aren't putting in a percentage sign. Nice try.

Comment

If that's what the tax code allows, then yes, he has. As a few of us have said to you and others, if you don't like the taxes being paid by the 60% (appx), then petition your elected representatives to change the tax code.

Why do you think the flat tax and fair tax have a lot of proponents? Because those that make (or spend) a lot would pay a lot. Works for me.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                Amazing how you look at Obama's taxes and he gives very little charity, a much lower percentage than Romney, but we never hear a word about it. But, that would infringe upon the media's carefully crafted re-elect Obama narrative, so it's DOA.
                That's because the left are stingy tippers. They know that, come April, they must tithe. Or whatever the equivalent is for whatever wacky percentage they have in their mind today.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  If that's what the tax code allows, then yes, he has. As a few of us have said to you and others, if you don't like the taxes being paid by the 60% (appx), then petition your elected representatives to change the tax code.

Why do you think the flat tax and fair tax have a lot of proponents? Because those that make (or spend) a lot would pay a lot. Works for me.
                  As the old saying goes, "Don't hate the play-ah, hate the game."

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    That's because the left are stingy tippers. They know that, come April, they must tithe. Or whatever the equivalent is for whatever wacky percentage they have in their mind today.
                    True. I recall seeing a study came out, what, a few months ago, and found that most of the states where residents on average gave the highest percentage of their income to charity tended Republican, while most that gave the least tended Democrat.
                    Originally posted by Priceless
                    Good to see you're so reasonable.
                    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                    Very well, said.
                    Originally posted by Rover
                    A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

True. I recall seeing a study came out, what, a few months ago, and found that most of the states where residents on average gave the highest percentage of their income to charity tended Republican, while most that gave the least tended Democrat.
                      Apparently, if you are a Democrat today, "anything not mandatory is forbidden."
                      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

That's because Democrats like being told what to do.

Comment

...[total non-sequiter].....

Hmm...I mention a re-distributionist tax provision supported by the rich that's been around for 150 years or more and has been very successful, worth trillions, and you are still arguing about small change?

You remind me very much of a character from The Last Battle
                          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

And I saw a study that came out that Blue States receive less Federal Tax Money back from the Government than Red States. What's your point?
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

So Republicans give the most in charity, and receive the most from the government. Congrats on that I guess...

Get back up on your cross Bob...there are White, Male, Rich Christians being persecuted and they need your martyrdom!
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                                Hmm...I mention a re-distributionist tax provision supported by the rich that's been around for 150 years or more and has been very successful, worth trillions, and you are still arguing about small change?

You remind me very much of a character from The Last Battle
                                I think your missing the libstain point. Their argument is not about how much is being donated, but rather who it's going to. It has to go to them. It has to go to their church. It'd be like living in Ithaca and making a large donation to Harvard University. Sure, you're being charitable, but because you're not being charitable to the local Ivy League college, something is wrong with you.

Comment

Working...
                                X