Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vacante

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

    Originally posted by streaker View Post
    That 13% probably represents more taxes than you and I will pay in 10 years. I don't begrudge anyone's success until their bonuses depend on laying off thousands of people to earn it. Lesser people than Mitt have done that- regardless of their political beliefs. Of course, who needs repubs to do it in corporate America when the government is bankrupt and has to do the same thing.

    The U.S. Gov't: We can't hire everybody.
    So, you're a freeloader too. Welcome to the club.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Comment


    • Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

      Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      So, you're a freeloader too. Welcome to the club.
      I'm part of the 47.5%
      I pay taxes on the .5% so, no... not a freeloader yet.

      Comment


      • Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

        Originally posted by streaker View Post
        I'm part of the 47.5%
        I pay taxes on the .5% so, no... not a freeloader yet.
        I see. I just wish I could pay as much taxes as Mitt does so I can be an American.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

        Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

        Comment


        • Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

          Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          So, you think its fair that he pays a smaller percentage just because he pays more?

          I guess that works. You know if I paid everything I had right now in assets I couldn't even pay his tax bill at 13%. I guess that makes me a freeloader.
          How much should have he paid? I agree with walrus -- if he followed the tax code, he's done his civic duty. If you don't like what he paid, reform the tax code.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

          ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

          Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

          I want to live forever. So far, so good.

          Comment


          • Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

            Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            So, you think its fair that he pays a smaller percentage just because he pays more?

            I guess that works. You know if I paid everything I had right now in assets I couldn't even pay his tax bill at 13%. I guess that makes me a freeloader.
            Whats fair got to do with what is legal? I don't see you whining about what Obama paid in, he certainly could afford to pay in more , why aren't you whining about Obama?
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

            Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

            Comment


            • Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

              Originally posted by joecct View Post
              How much should have he paid? I agree with walrus -- if he followed the tax code, he's done his civic duty. If you don't like what he paid, reform the tax code.
              I don't have the money to lobby for that change like he and his friends evidently do. So, I guess I'm forked.

              Originally posted by walrus View Post
              Whats fair got to do with what is legal?
              I'll tell you what it does have to do with. He should release his tax returns so America knows exactly who they are voting for.

              EDIT: I'm jealous I didn't come up with MaizeRage's response. Well done.
              Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 09-21-2012, 01:35 PM.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

              Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

              Comment


              • Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

                Originally posted by walrus View Post
                Was it illegal? Is the IRS prosecuting him?
                No. It's also not illegal to take a student loan, or use medicare, or need food stamps. The issue isn't that taking help is wrong or bad. It's that it's classified as perfectly acceptable when Mitt Romney does it, but freeloading when other people do it.
                Originally posted by dicaslover
                Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

                Originally posted by Kristin
                Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

                Western College Hockey Blog

                Comment


                • Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

                  Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                  No. It's also not illegal to take a student loan, or use medicare, or need food stamps. The issue isn't that taking help is wrong or bad. It's that it's classified as perfectly acceptable when Mitt Romney does it, but freeloading when other people do it.
                  So Obama is a freeloader also?
                  Last edited by walrus; 09-21-2012, 01:43 PM.
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

                  Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

                  Comment


                  • Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

                    Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    So Obama is a freeloader also?
                    Only by Mitt Romney's definition, which is another reason why it's a bat**** dumb belief to have.
                    Originally posted by dicaslover
                    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

                    Originally posted by Kristin
                    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

                    Western College Hockey Blog

                    Comment


                    • Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

                      Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                      Only by Mitt Romney's definition, which is another reason why it's a bat**** dumb belief to have.
                      So you agree with Mitt then? Everyone is a freeloader? or you don't and therefore Mitt isn't a freeloader?
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

                      Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

                      Comment


                      • Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

                        Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        So you agree with Mitt then? Everyone is a freeloader? or you don't and therefore Mitt isn't a freeloader?
                        No, Mitt said that 47% were freeloaders. He's not in the 47% if he pays income taxes, which he does. Why are you being obtuse?
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                        Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                        Comment


                        • Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

                          Why is Mittens Romney allowed to take advantage of off shore tax havens to lower what's due to the IRS while the rest of us who couldn't get our phone calls returned from said offshore tax havens have to shell out even more of our hard earned dollars on a % basis? I mean, I go to work every day and earn my salary. Romney hasn't had a full time job since 2006....
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

                          Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

                          "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

                          Comment


                          • Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

                            Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            Why is Mittens Romney allowed to take advantage of off shore tax havens to lower what's due to the IRS while the rest of us who couldn't get our phone calls returned from said offshore tax havens have to shell out even more of our hard earned dollars on a % basis? I mean, I go to work every day and earn my salary. Romney hasn't had a full time job since 2006....
                            Sounds like an interesting business opportunity for someone here in the States (setting up offshore accounts for the rest of us to hide our money in). But, I doubt that its legal.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                            Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                            Comment


                            • Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

                              Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              No, Mitt said that 47% were freeloaders. He's not in the 47% if he pays income taxes, which he does. Why are you being obtuse?
                              Did he say freeloaders? Does anyone find it troubling that 47% of the population is receiving some sort of payment from the government??

                              In terms of winning the White House with an austerity pledge (FWIW), the idea of telling some of that 47% that you're off the payment rolls may seem a bit suicidal.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

                              ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

                              Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

                              I want to live forever. So far, so good.

                              Comment


                              • Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

                                Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                Did he say freeloaders? Does anyone find it troubling that 47% of the population is receiving some sort of payment from the government??

                                In terms of winning the White House with an austerity pledge (FWIW), the idea of telling some of that 47% that you're off the payment rolls may seem a bit suicidal.

                                There are 47% of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47% who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you name it...These are people who pay no income tax, 47% of Americans pay no income tax. So our message of low taxes doesn't connect. So he'll (President Obama) be out there talking about tax cuts for the rich. I mean, that's what they sell every four years. And so my job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives. What I have to do is convince the five to ten percent in the center that are independents, that are thoughtful, that look at voting one or the other depending upon in some cases emotion, whether they like the guy or not.
                                I think we can accept "freeloader" as a synonym for the highlighted above. I think Maize's point is perfect. Somehow the tax laws that Mitt takes advantage of are ok but the tax laws the 47% take advantage of are not. How does that make any sense?
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                                Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X