Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vacante

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

Stay classy, Kansas.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Stay classy, Kansas.
      Thank Darwin I'm moving out of here in 8 days. 'Course, I'm headed to TX - win some, lose some...
      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
        Thank Darwin I'm moving out of here in 8 days. 'Course, I'm headed to TX - win some, lose some...
        Whereabouts in TX?
        Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
        Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Flower Mound, near DFW. Pretty far from Houston.
          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
            Not a fan of wealth transfer and it should be reformed or cut. Yet believe it or not, even transfers have a more positive outcome than yet another tank that will not be used and is sitting in a hanger in South Carolina.

In short, Americans pay a small percentage of the worlds transfer payments. Yet Americans do pay for nearly half of the world's military spending.
            Except a tank requires someone to build it. (Jobs.) "Wealth transfer" or whatever you want to call it does nothing but keep people latched firmly at the teat of government. (But then again, I'd rather see them both cut.)
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Except a tank requires someone to build it. (Jobs.) "Wealth transfer" or whatever you want to call it does nothing but keep people latched firmly at the teat of government. (But then again, I'd rather see them both cut.)
              Can't disagree (although even wealth transfers get spent and create jobs)...(oh and the products created are not incenting folks to start needless wars where people get killed)...(oh and and even transfer payments are less likely to be sent to Halliburton's foriegn headquarters).
              Go Gophers!

Comment

Sure the money gets spent but it doesn't wean people off the government dole like a manufacturing job would.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Yep, it's a bit of a drive. I'll probably be up that way May-ish for a curling tournament, the last two years it's been held at the Dr. Pepper center in Farmer's Branch, but I don't head up there regularly.
                  Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
                  Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Not quite Geneve.
                    Go Gophers!

Comment

Wichita? I can't think of a single other place in Kansas that has electricity let alone aircraft.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

You know, while I like to occasionally but rarely poke fun at our righty friends, I tend to not hold the GOP responsible if some citizen nutball launches a "birther" lawsuit....

But, these are the elected officials of the state, the AG, Sec of State, and Lt Gov. The very people who's job it is to ensure the govt operates its elections legally and properly. No wonder Kansas is widely considered to be a backwater sh ! thole. Its a bunch of laughingstocks running the state apparently. No surprise its strongly Republican..
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                          You know, while I like to occasionally but rarely poke fun at our righty friends, I tend to not hold the GOP responsible if some citizen nutball launches a "birther" lawsuit....

But, these are the elected officials of the state, the AG, Sec of State, and Lt Gov. The very people who's job it is to ensure the govt operates its elections legally and properly. No wonder Kansas is widely considered to be a backwater sh ! thole. Its a bunch of laughingstocks running the state apparently. No surprise its strongly Republican..
                          Perhaps they should be told that Obama indeed was born in this country, but the father is really Frank Marshall Davis.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post

The biggest change in the GOP over the last 30 years has been the takeover of the actual party apparatus by the radical fringe. There were always these types on the right -- the John Birchers et al. But the adults always kept them in check. As the party has shrunk to a regional, racial, religious sect, the adults have left. The rump is all that's left, and it's now actually making the rules.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              The biggest change in the GOP over the last 30 years has been the takeover of the actual party apparatus by the radical fringe. There were always these types on the right -- the John Birchers et al. But the adults always kept them in check. As the party has shrunk to a regional, racial, religious sect, the adults have left. The rump is all that's left, and it's now actually making the rules.
                              I find it funny how the left thinks every GOP member, or alleged GOP member, hell let's just say anyone who isn't on the left, is a racist. Been watching MSNBC much?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                I find it funny how the left thinks every GOP member, or alleged GOP member, hell let's just say anyone who isn't on the left, is a racist. Been watching MSNBC much?

Most Republicans aren't racist, but most racists are Republicans. As Kep noted, the GOP has for too long encouraged these idiots in order to win their votes. That's great up until they start taking out your own candidates and costing you in key elections. You reap what you sow I guess.

PS: Given Obama's inevitable victory this year, you'd really better get to work on finding that Kenyan birth certificate. I'd suggest booking your flight now to get a jump on all the other nutjobs, and make sure you tell Bob Gray's sheriff "hi" when you see him over there.
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X