Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vacante

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    ...Like I said, I'm sick and tired of the starve the government BS that's going on...
    The only time to starve the Government is when a Dem is in office. If you want to grow big government get Mitt in there with a Republican senate.

Comment

• Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      "OMG! Magazine" story.
      Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II

wow. really?
      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by sagard View Post
        The only time to starve the Government is when a Dem is in office. If you want to grow big government get Mitt in there with a Republican senate.
        That's the intriguing irony, yes.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Heard that Joe Biden was speaking in Pennsylvania today and went off script. He saw something referencing Pennsylvania as the Keystone state and started talking about how Obama would approve the Keystone pipeline and bring jobs to Pennsylvania, apparently not realizing the Keystone pipeline doesn't go anywhere near the Keystone state. Gotta figure Obama will be shutting Biden down before too long as he did four years ago.
          Originally posted by Priceless
          Good to see you're so reasonable.
          Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
          Very well, said.
          Originally posted by Rover
          A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
            i've never heard a rational argument say "stop all the programs"...I have heard people question the effectiveness, I've heard people question the cost of providing them but aside from grousing or complaining I don't hear "stop".

Would it be fair to say the democrats want to stop all military spending? No.

So why would it be fair to say the republicans are suggesting stopping all programs?

Sure it makes it so much easier to talk in absolutes and attribute irrational perspectives to each side as a way of putting stars on their bellies...but nobody would say stop all public education.

pause for me to pull out soap box

Now, we have had 40 years of progressive theories about how to teach kids. How has that worked out for us? A series of social theories that spend more time looking for excuses and new creative ways to teach kids subjects they have learned for hundreds of years and are learning the old fashioned way in many countries that spend a fraction per capita that we do.

As long as we are afraid to say that some kids shouldn't be in school (due to discipline) or some kids just ain't that smart, we'll never be able to provide the level of education we can. Similarly, as long as we're afraid to say some teachers are ineffective and need to find a new job, it will not be as good as it can be.

It's real complicated, I'd grant that...but the solution isn't more social engineering and layers of PhD BS.
            The important thing here is to separate 'fixing' from 'decreasing or increasing spending'.

Everything could be fixed. Education, the military, welfare, even healthcare. But the point is that somethings have to get spending cuts (and that's not necessarily just because they need to get fixed).

So again setting aside what is broken because everything could get fixed...what deserves resources and what doesn't?

Of course I'm more interested in winning the war and not the battle. Now the war is not changing governments in Iraq, etc. The war is whether the US will win in the global competitive marketplace from companies to employers and top entreprenuerial jobs to burger flippers.

My opinion is that military should be near the tops of the list to be cut as that really has nothing to do with winning the 'war'. And that's why we should take this to education.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
              Heard that Joe Biden was speaking in Pennsylvania today and went off script. He saw something referencing Pennsylvania as the Keystone state and started talking about how Obama would approve the Keystone pipeline and bring jobs to Pennsylvania, apparently not realizing the Keystone pipeline doesn't go anywhere near the Keystone state. Gotta figure Obama will be shutting Biden down before too long as he did four years ago.
              I gotta admit Bob that when I started reading your post I got about a sentence and a half in and expected to read that Biden went off on some tangent about Keystone beer. Not real sure what that says about my view of Biden.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                At a campaign stop a couple of weeks ago, he introduced himself to a table of Greek men as "Joe Bidenopoulus".

He's almost as big of a buffoon as Palin, and has no business being a heartbeat or gunshot away.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  At a campaign stop a couple of weeks ago, he introduced himself to a table of Greek men as "Joe Bidenopoulus".

He's almost as big of a buffoon as Palin, and has no business being a heartbeat or gunshot away.
                  Now that the MDA telethon has faded into the mists of history, maybe we could arrange a telethon for the pathetic victims of Palin Derangement Syndrome. Kepler could host.
                  2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                    The important thing here is to separate 'fixing' from 'decreasing or increasing spending'.

Everything could be fixed. Education, the military, welfare, even healthcare. But the point is that somethings have to get spending cuts (and that's not necessarily just because they need to get fixed).

So again setting aside what is broken because everything could get fixed...what deserves resources and what doesn't?

Of course I'm more interested in winning the war and not the battle. Now the war is not changing governments in Iraq, etc. The war is whether the US will win in the global competitive marketplace from companies to employers and top entreprenuerial jobs to burger flippers.

My opinion is that military should be near the tops of the list to be cut as that really has nothing to do with winning the 'war'. And that's why we should take this to education.
                    Like a d*mn mynah bird: "Cut the military." "Cut the military." "Cut the military."

Comment

I almost regret the Palin comparison, since I knew Pio would chime in, but it was the most direct comparison I could make. Neither of those two frauds should be VP.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        I almost regret the Palin comparison, since I knew Pio would chime in, but it was the most direct comparison I could make. Neither of those two frauds should be VP.
                        Almost, but not quite, eh? Such bravery.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                          Like a d*mn mynah bird: "Cut the military." "Cut the military." "Cut the military."
                          Defense spending is already eating up smaller chunks of money compared to government money going to individuals (wealth transfer).

http://mjperry.blogspot.com/2012/09/...m-federal.html

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                            Defense spending is already eating up smaller chunks of money compared to government money going to individuals (wealth transfer).

http://mjperry.blogspot.com/2012/09/...m-federal.html
                            Not a fan of wealth transfer and it should be reformed or cut. Yet believe it or not, even transfers have a more positive outcome than yet another tank that will not be used and is sitting in a hanger in South Carolina.

In short, Americans pay a small percentage of the worlds transfer payments. Yet Americans do pay for nearly half of the world's military spending.
                            Go Gophers!

Comment

VA flips back to Obama on the RCP by almost enough to take it out of toss-up and into leaner.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

We now know that Mitt Romney is actually bloodthirsty Cambodian dictator Pol Pot, thanks to new information from Democrat Party operative James Hoffa Jr.
                                (if they start calling him the next George Bush, they'll have hit the bottom of the insult barrel. Almost there.)
                                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X