Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vacante

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

According to Gallup's approval-disapproval, the bump has peaked.

*****http://pollingreport.com/images/GAL120910.GIF******
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

Originally posted by Rover View Post
      Righties, if you want to prove you're grade A scumbags, be my guest. Lets count em up:

First up, Fishy: who posts a made up news story based on a faulty premise (Biden has publically ID'd the Seal Team members who offed Bin Laden) on 9/11 and then launches into an anti-Obama rant about how he did this to enhance his election chances, when in fact the public ID of the soldiers never actually happened. You finish in 1st Place in the Scumball Race.

Coming in 2nd is Flag, who has no problem using this day to repeat a lie because hey, somebody ran with the story (Fox News) so call the grieving family and talk to them.

Finally pulling up the rear is geezer, with the ol' "oh yeah, well....you did it too!". No, I didn't for the record exploit 9/11 to bash Bush. While I didn't think he should have been fundraising over it, his leadership in the ensuing days after the tragedy was quite good.
      Let me ask you something: What do you believe we are remembering, and what do you believe we should accomplish through this remembrance?

Typical libstain emotion argument, where the grieving family is always the victim no matter what. Look, I know how difficult it can be; I've had sudden loss of family members, and it's a tough wake-up call. I know that everyone has their own period for not only trying to keep a memory, but looking forward in their own lives. No one is asking them to get over it because that's not going to happen, but life does go on, and the best thing that we can do is learn from our history of what happened to ensure that something of that terrible nature does not happen again, assuming that it is preventable.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Let me ask you something: What do you believe we are remembering, and what do you believe we should accomplish through this remembrance?

Typical libstain emotion argument, where the grieving family is always the victim no matter what. Look, I know how difficult it can be; I've had sudden loss of family members, and it's a tough wake-up call. I know that everyone has their own period for not only trying to keep a memory, but looking forward in their own lives. No one is asking them to get over it because that's not going to happen, but life does go on, and the best thing that we can do is learn from our history of what happened to ensure that something of that terrible nature does not happen again, assuming that it is preventable.
        All well and good, but none of this has anything to do with the slander going around. What you seem to be saying is 1) we should use 9/11 to remember to be vigilant. Fine, no argument there. 2) We should point out any instances of non-vigilance. Okay, fine. But where you fall of the cliff is 3) We should use this day to launch baseless attacks on our political enemies (Fishy's attempt to use a falsehood to claim the Obama admin released the names of the Special Forces who killed OBL and put them and their families lives in danger to bolster his re-election campaign. Lets take his exact quote "yes but if it helps get Obama re-elected then their sacrifice will be worth it, right? because the single most important issue we face today is that the US would fall into ruinous ****ation without Obama in charge for four more years, eh?"

So if you want to use 9/11 as a call to never let it happen again, be my guest but let me kindly suggest not piggybacking on a false argument by an irrational poster to do so.
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
          All well and good, but none of this has anything to do with the slander going around. What you seem to be saying is 1) we should use 9/11 to remember to be vigilant. Fine, no argument there. 2) We should point out any instances of non-vigilance. Okay, fine. But where you fall of the cliff is 3) We should use this day to launch baseless attacks on our political enemies (Fishy's attempt to use a falsehood to claim the Obama admin released the names of the Special Forces who killed OBL and put them and their families lives in danger to bolster his re-election campaign. Lets take his exact quote "yes but if it helps get Obama re-elected then their sacrifice will be worth it, right? because the single most important issue we face today is that the US would fall into ruinous ****ation without Obama in charge for four more years, eh?"

So if you want to use 9/11 as a call to never let it happen again, be my guest but let me kindly suggest not piggybacking on a false argument by an irrational poster to do so.
          FreshFish's comments are FreshFish's comments. If you want to question the validity of the statement, go for it; that's not only not my war, but also something where I don't intend on taking a stance. Where I had an issue this entire time was your belief that we can't discuss it because of the coincidence of a calendar date. To remember a terrible historic event in a good way is to learn from its mistakes; I'm glad you and I can agree with that. If we want to discuss opening ourselves to our enemies, whether it's done by Biden, Rove, Assange, a spaghetti monster, whomever it may be, there's no better time to look for guidance on the situation than on a day we paid for a similar mistake.

Comment

With enough capital
            Thanks for making my point.

Comment

Seeing as most of the GOPers and tons of Dems argued til their face was blue to not give 9/11 First Responders health care I think they should all shut their mouths and leave 9/11 alone.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

"Gunny" Ermey encourages the troops to get "election ready."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=vZbZ7TKY6mw
                2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                  "Gunny" Ermey encourages the troops to get "election ready."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=vZbZ7TKY6mw
                  Even if it's an act, non-partisan = I approve.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Even if it's an act, non-partisan = I approve.
                    Voting absentee, overseas, isn't easy. I assume it's easier now. The problem is deadlines. Deadlines by which the applications have to be submitted. Deadlines by which the ballots are mailed. And deadlines by which they have to be returned. I voted absentee from Cook County, which means I have no idea if my vote was counted. I had to vote in a room, in the presense of, but out of the sight of an NCO, who then endorsed the ballot envelope before I sent it on its way.

We passed a law a couple of years ago requiring better handling of military votes (especially overseas) and I'm not overly confident we're doing a better job of it than we used to. We need to get the percentage of GI's who vote up, even if those votes are generally not determinative of the outcome. It's the principle of the thing.
                    Last edited by Old Pio; 09-12-2012, 01:51 AM.
                    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                      Voting absentee, overseas, isn't easy. I assume it's easier now. The problem is deadlines. Deadlines by which the applications have to be submitted. Deadlines by which the ballots are mailed. And deadlines by which they have to be returned. I voted absentee from Cook County, which means I have no idea if my vote was counted. I had to vote in a room, in the presense of, but out of the sight of an NCO, who then endorsed the ballot envelope before I sent it on its way.

We passed a law a couple of years ago requiring better handling of military votes (especially overseas) and I'm not overly confident we're doing a better job of it than we used to. We need to get the percentage of GI's who vote up, even if those votes are generally not determinative of the outcome. It's the principle of the thing.
                      I've heard rumours that those votes are typically blocked because of the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        Seeing as most of the GOPers and tons of Dems argued til their face was blue to not give 9/11 First Responders health care I think they should all shut their mouths and leave 9/11 alone.
                        Are you saying health care at the cost of anyone but them?

Comment

Are you saying health care at the cost of anyone but them?
                          What are you talking about? It's like a couple thousand people that were in the towers on 9/11 who inhaled a crapload of asbestos and other crap while trying to save lives. We've got more current and former living congressmen who vote lifetime free health care and other benefits for themselves and their families. I think we can afford this.
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                            What are you talking about? It's like a couple thousand people that were in the towers on 9/11 who inhaled a crapload of asbestos and other crap while trying to save lives. We've got more current and former living congressmen who vote lifetime free health care and other benefits for themselves and their families. I think we can afford this.
                            By now, you should realise that there's no such thing as a free lunch. You say that members of Congress have free health care, but it isn't truly free. It may be at no cost to them, but someone still has to pay for it. We do, unless you're part of the 48% of Americans that don't pay income taxes, or you're part of the large percentage of adults or able-to-work teenagers that don't pay medicare tax through payroll. Unless I placed a ring on that person's finger, or half of their body contains my DNA, I am not paying for their personal necessities or luxuries.

Comment

So, we're back to being against providing Health Care for survivors of 9/11? And we're ok with providing it to Congress?

Awesome.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                So, we're back to being against providing Health Care for survivors of 9/11? And we're ok with providing it to Congress?

Awesome.
                                9/11 widows and first responders are almost as greedy as teachers.
                                Last edited by Kepler; 09-12-2012, 08:34 AM.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X