Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vacante

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

Identifying the Special Operations Force behind the Osama bin Laden raid amounted to placing a target on the back of the team members as well as their families, according to the parents of Aaron Vaughn, a member of SEAL Team Six who was killed in Afghanistan in 2011. ...

“Aaron called me and said, 'Mom, you need to wipe your social media clean of any reference to me or any of my buddies. Just disconnect completely,'” Karen Vaughn said her son warned after Vice President Biden publicly identified the SEALs on May 3, 2011 -- two days after the raid. “He [Aaron] actually said to me, 'Mom, there's chatter, and all of our lives could be in danger, including yours' ... then I realized all of those families, you know, you're talking about a community of around three hundred families who were all of a sudden made targets by this administration.”

With Tuesday marking 11 years since the Sept. 11 attacks, the Vaughns said that the terror strike gave their son the drive to join the elite Navy SEALs, adding that a “passion stirred in his heart.”

But Aaron's father Billy Vaughn said it was a betrayal to identify these selfless young men who put their country before everything else.
    read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...#ixzz26AXkyWXT

yes but if it helps get Obama re-elected then their sacrifice will be worth it, right? because the single most important issue we face today is that the US would fall into ruinous ****ation without Obama in charge for four more years, eh?
    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

• Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
      Wow, this emphasizes just how much of an outlier Obama is...he is solidly at the upper left quadrant, very authoritarian in his insistence that government be in charge of just about everything. You don't see many other dots there outside of his.
      Quadrant 3, actually. However, I am incredibly surprised it isn't quadrant 2, unless I'm missing a trick.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
        read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...#ixzz26AXkyWXT

yes but if it helps get Obama re-elected then their sacrifice will be worth it, right? because the single most important issue we face today is that the US would fall into ruinous ****ation without Obama in charge for four more years, eh?
        What a load of crap. You ought to be ashamed of yourself bringing up garbage like this on 9/11. Couldn't you have waited an extra day or is your lust to "get" Obama so great that you can't take a day off no matter what the occasion?
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
          What a load of crap. You ought to be ashamed of yourself bringing up garbage like this on 9/11. Couldn't you have waited an extra day or is your lust to "get" Obama so great that you can't take a day off no matter what the occasion?
          Given the subject of the matter, there isn't a better day to bring it up. The country was attacked, and these people are worried about an attack. It's only a reminder of how dangerous the enemy truly is.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Obama now polling better than Romney on "Handling the economy." Romney's sole issue is now deficit control, and Clinton's "arithmetic" speech refutes that.

Honest question: what is left for them to run on?
            And yet, look at how the difference between the two is more than covered by those "undecided". Not to mention, the 4% margin of error. Nice try, but arithmetic just refuted you.

Comment

You have it upside down and backward. I have nothing against Obama personally. My criticisms have strictly been limited to his behavior and his policies.

It is quite simple: his grandstanding put lives at risk. If you cannot recognize that and acknowledge it, then you are so blinded by partisanship there is no sense in ever talking to you about anything more ever again.
              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

There's no voter fraud. Mmhmm. http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...,3764352.story

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Given the subject of the matter, there isn't a better day to bring it up. The country was attacked, and these people are worried about an attack. It's only a reminder of how dangerous the enemy truly is.
                  I don't see anywhere that Biden publicly named the individuals who made up Seal Team 6. This is a crap story put forth by a discredited ideological movement (neo-conartists) and exploiting a grieving family to do so. Pretty low, just like any USCHO idiot poster trying to play along.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

I don't see anywhere that Biden publicly named the individuals who made up Seal Team 6. This is a crap story put forth by a discredited ideological movement (neo-conartists) and exploiting a grieving family to do so. Pretty low, just like any USCHO idiot poster trying to play along.
                    It's going to get worse if they fall behind farther.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I'd recommend addressing where the individuals were named with the person who made that specific claim. The only thing I was refuting was your comment about it not being a good day.

Comment

Now I've seen everything. We have here a lefty Democrat asking to take the political opportunism out of 9/11 remembrance. It's like a funhouse mirror, when you think back to the Bush years. Bizarre.
                        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                          Now I've seen everything. We have here a lefty Democrat asking to take the political opportunism out of 9/11 remembrance. It's like a funhouse mirror, when you think back to the Bush years. Bizarre.
                          geezer, your remark makes no sense. Dems said all through the Bush years that the Republican opportunism of politicizing the national tragedy of 9/11 was wrong. Rover's statement was consistent with it.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            geezer, your remark makes no sense. Dems said all through the Bush years that the Republican opportunism of politicizing the national tragedy of 9/11 was wrong. Rover's statement was consistent with it.
                            I recall not very long ago at all, an era when it was evil and wrong to show signs of patriotism or support the U.S. government, especially on or around 9/11 (which event was probably our own fault if not planned by Dick Cheney and the Koch brothers, depending on which lefty you believed). Now, with A (D) prez in the White House Rover is saying that it's disrespectful to the memory of 9/11 to bring up something so low as politics on this of all days.
                            Patriotism is in the eye of the party bosses.

Not you Kepler, but the party drones.
                            Last edited by geezer; 09-11-2012, 10:16 AM.
                            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

You are right about one thing. There is a fun house mirror here. I do not remember the period of which you speak.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Righties, if you want to prove you're grade A scumbags, be my guest. Lets count em up:

First up, Fishy: who posts a made up news story based on a faulty premise (Biden has publically ID'd the Seal Team members who offed Bin Laden) on 9/11 and then launches into an anti-Obama rant about how he did this to enhance his election chances, when in fact the public ID of the soldiers never actually happened. You finish in 1st Place in the Scumball Race.

Coming in 2nd is Flag, who has no problem using this day to repeat a lie because hey, somebody ran with the story (Fox News) so call the grieving family and talk to them.

Finally pulling up the rear is geezer, with the ol' "oh yeah, well....you did it too!". No, I didn't for the record exploit 9/11 to bash Bush. While I didn't think he should have been fundraising over it, his leadership in the ensuing days after the tragedy was quite good.

Comment

Working...
                                X