Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vacante

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

    Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Why haven't we built a new major oil refinery since 1976? Obviously I agree that there are plenty of places to build a refinery, but of course you have not only environmentalists, but also NIMBY groups protesting the building of them. Also, along with the refinery, you must build infrastructure to transport the product to and from the refinery, whether it be by pipeline, train, truck, whatever. If you can't transport it, the product becomes worthless, which is why we see such a large difference between the WTI and Brent price.
    I think we haven't built them because somebody in the oil industry is making major cash NOT having a new one built. Inherent 'stress' in the system invariably brings the price up.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Comment


    • Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

      The higher the price of gas the less money anyone has to spend on anything else. Scooby has it right, oil companies like no new refineries as it keeps prices up. Not sure what refinery margins are right now but they must be pretty good .
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

      Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

      Comment


      • Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

        Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        I think we haven't built them because somebody in the oil industry is making major cash NOT having a new one built. Inherent 'stress' in the system invariably brings the price up.
        The oil business isn't a monopoly. Another company could very well build it and take money potential away from the competition. I believe Hyperion looked into doing this around 2007. http://www.reuters.com/article/2007/...40544120070614
        Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 09-10-2012, 02:24 PM.

        Comment


        • Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

          15 Percent of Ohio Republicans Say Romney Deserves More Credit than Obama for Killing Bin Laden.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

          Comment


          • Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

            No one should deserve credit for signing on a dotted line. The ones who truly deserve the credit are the intel officers that devised the plan, the contractors responsible for developing the means the execute the plan, and the soldiers themselves for the execution of the plan. No one else.

            Comment


            • Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

              Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              No one should deserve credit for signing on a dotted line. The ones who truly deserve the credit are the intel officers that devised the plan, the contractors responsible for developing the means the execute the plan, and the soldiers themselves for the execution of the plan. No one else.
              So we'll put you down for Dubya getting zero credit for unseating Saddam. Good to know.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

              Comment


              • Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

                BTW, in case anyone was wondering, an update on a possible new South Dakota refinery that would be built by Hyperion, the same company I referenced earlier: http://siouxcityjournal.com/news/loc...885f62405.html

                Comment


                • Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

                  Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  So we'll put you down for Dubya getting zero credit for unseating Saddam. Good to know.
                  When did I ever say Dubya did that? Heck, he didn't even break the news!

                  Comment


                  • Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

                    Of course Obama deserves credit for authorizing the mission. During the debates he said plainly he'd go after Bin Laden in Pakistan without giving that country's (corrupt) leaders a heads-up. Grampa Simpson McCain went berserk over that, but look what happened. OBL was indeed hiding out next door to an army base in Pakistan, and clearly would have been off like a thief in the night had Obama given Pakistan prior warning of the mission.

                    If OBL was so easy to bag, why didn't it happen during the Bush administration?
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

                    Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

                    "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

                    Comment


                    • Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

                      Originally posted by Rover View Post
                      OBL was indeed hiding out next door to an army base in Pakistan, and clearly would have been off like a thief in the night had Obama given Pakistan prior warning of the mission.
                      I'm pretty sure OBL was a Visiting Instructor (Emeritus) at that army base, if not a Minister without Portfolio in the Pakistani cabinet.

                      If a Republican president had made that call, NRO would have declared him Emperor for Life and the GOP would be calling for May 2 to be a national holiday.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                      Comment


                      • Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

                        Originally posted by Rover View Post
                        Of course Obama deserves credit for authorizing the mission. During the debates he said plainly he'd go after Bin Laden in Pakistan without giving that country's (corrupt) leaders a heads-up. Grampa Simpson McCain went berserk over that, but look what happened. OBL was indeed hiding out next door to an army base in Pakistan, and clearly would have been off like a thief in the night had Obama given Pakistan prior warning of the mission.

                        If OBL was so easy to bag, why didn't it happen during the Bush administration?
                        Democrats protested at every turn because they wanted the credit. It just goes to prove why they truly are attention whores.

                        Comment


                        • Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

                          Don't I remember Carter taking a tremendous amount of crap when the military failed to rescue the hostages?
                          "This world is your world. Take it easy, but take it." - Woody Guthrie

                          Comment


                          • Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

                            Originally posted by Carter View Post
                            Don't I remember Carter taking a tremendous amount of crap when the military failed to rescue the hostages?
                            I wouldn't know, as I came to be during the Reagan administration. That's the country's obsession over a single point of failure, though.

                            Comment


                            • Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

                              Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              If a Republican president had made that call, NRO would have declared him Emperor for Life and the GOP would be calling for May 2 to be a national holiday.
                              Exactly. Flag would be lined up to serve as one of Bush's apostles in this effort.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

                              Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

                              "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

                              Comment


                              • Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

                                Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                The higher the price of gas the less money anyone has to spend on anything else. Scooby has it right, oil companies like no new refineries as it keeps prices up. Not sure what refinery margins are right now but they must be pretty good .
                                I would imagine they're stellar.

                                Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                The oil business isn't a monopoly. Another company could very well build it and take money potential away from the competition. I believe Hyperion looked into doing this around 2007. http://www.reuters.com/article/2007/...40544120070614
                                It should have been a major part of the jobs plan to get that finished, and get the pipeline in. No brainers.


                                As for Bin Laden, if Bush had done it they'd want money with his picture on it and to add him to Mount Rushmore somehow.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                                Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X