Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vacante

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

Originally posted by geezer View Post
    I wish it were so that conservatives would speak up against Romney. Two problems, however. 1) You were thinking of "FOX." I have no doubt that CNBC is just as liberal as CNN, ABC, or MSNBC. 2) That was actually content from the New York Times (DNC owned paper) that they had linked to, so the Romney opposition is even less surprising.
    I wasn't thinking of Fox. CNBC has three regulars on it (Kudlow, Santelli, Carney) who openly cheerlead for the Republican party. All they're missing is the pom-poms (I'm going to assume they're already wearing make-up). When they start criticizing him, you know the wheels are coming off.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
      You're pretty much reduced to harping on gas prices, aren't you?
      In my mind it will play a huge role in the outcome of the election, maybe you think the 99% won't pay attention to gas prices?
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        In my mind it will play a huge role in the outcome of the election, maybe you think the 99% won't pay attention to gas prices?
        Big moves one way or the other, yes. But if it stays in the 3s or 4s? No.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Big moves one way or the other, yes. But if it stays in the 3s or 4s? No.
          I think anything in the 4s is a killer. 1.80 or so when he took office, thats going to be an easy commercial for Romney to produce.

Comment

I think anything in the 4s is a killer. 1.80 or so when he took office, thats going to be an easy commercial for Romney to produce.
            Sure, except there's nothing the President can do about gas prices. And Free Market Mitty certainly can't change that.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Sure, except there's nothing the President can do about gas prices. And Free Market Mitty certainly can't change that.
              Their are a lot of things the President can't do anything about but somehow he'll still get the blame. Free market Mitty will still point out the rise in prices and say drill drill drill

Comment

Their are a lot of things the President can't do anything about but somehow he'll still get the blame. Free market Mitty will still point out the rise in prices and say drill drill drill
                And the lemmings will follow. Then while he's President everyone will ask why the prices haven't gone down, and all that drilled oil will be on a tanker headed for China.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

And the lemmings will follow. Then while he's President everyone will ask why the prices haven't gone down, and all that drilled oil will be on a tanker headed for China.
                  It wouldn't even get that far. Sure, we can drill all we want, but given we don't have the infrastructure to refine or transport to a refinery, we are pretty much forced to use imported oil. Get some infrastructure together, and we'll see the difference between WTI and Brent get closer. And according to Obummer, he builds that, so let's see some action.

Comment

Gas Prices = Campaign strategy circa 1980. People don't blame the President for gas price hikes. Maybe they did during the 70's, when shocks to oil prices were brand new and the public had never dealt with them before. It ain't the 70's anymore people. Anybody not smart enough to figure out that drilling in ANWR won't lead to lower gas prices is already in Romney's camp.
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

It hasn't been below $3.00 in almost 2 full years. Oil prices aren't even over $100, much less near their record high of $150 and actually dropped today because China's economy is slow.

If Romney wants to run ads showing $1.80 gas, he's going to be receiving ads showing the pile of **** we were in economically at that time in return. That'll go well given his stances.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        It wouldn't even get that far. Sure, we can drill all we want, but given we don't have the infrastructure to refine or transport to a refinery, we are pretty much forced to use imported oil. Get some infrastructure together, and we'll see the difference between WTI and Brent get closer. And according to Obummer, he builds that, so let's see some action.
                        We should have built more refineries years ago. #1 thing wrong with this country is we don't build anything anymore. Just read an article today that a large chunk of the sewer systems need replacing in Minnesota. There's more infrastructure that needs doing but nobodies doing it.

Comment

We should have built more refineries years ago. #1 thing wrong with this country is we don't build anything anymore. Just read an article today that a large chunk of the sewer systems need replacing in Minnesota. There's more infrastructure that needs doing but nobodies doing it.
                          There'd be a lot more infrastructure maintenance done if we could figure out a way for politicians to get their names on it!
                          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Why are no refineries being built? Environmentalists. Sewer systems? You have to dig up the road, and not only does that create NIMBY issues, but also potential traffic bottlenecks leading to "endless construction" (just like Pennsylvania and their highways). Obviously there are funding problems, and where's that money going? Handouts to those that prefer to sit around instead of getting a job. How about this for an idea: Supervised by a professional contractor and construction firm, let's have those "unemployed" people work towards fixing the infrastructure in order to receive their check.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              Why are no refineries being built? Environmentalists. Sewer systems? You have to dig up the road, and not only does that create NIMBY issues, but also potential traffic bottlenecks leading to "endless construction" (just like Pennsylvania and their highways). Obviously there are funding problems, and where's that money going? Handouts to those that prefer to sit around instead of getting a job. How about this for an idea: Supervised by a professional contractor and construction firm, let's have those "unemployed" people work towards fixing the infrastructure in order to receive their check.
                              **** that. There are places they could build refineries. We need jobs, we have old refineries now that are way less efficient than what we could build.

Comment

**** that. There are places they could build refineries. We need jobs, we have old refineries now that are way less efficient than what we could build.
                                Why haven't we built a new major oil refinery since 1976? Obviously I agree that there are plenty of places to build a refinery, but of course you have not only environmentalists, but also NIMBY groups protesting the building of them. Also, along with the refinery, you must build infrastructure to transport the product to and from the refinery, whether it be by pipeline, train, truck, whatever. If you can't transport it, the product becomes worthless, which is why we see such a large difference between the WTI and Brent price.

Comment

Working...
                                X