Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vacante

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

    He also backtracked on pre-existing conditions and now says he would keep the "good parts" of ObamaCare.

    Even when he flip-flops he flip-flops.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

    Comment


    • Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

      Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      He also backtracked on pre-existing conditions and now says he would keep the "good parts" of ObamaCare.

      Even when he flip-flops he flip-flops.
      no no. It's called "evolving." Or was that actaully Obama? A Republican might get into trouble with that word.
      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

      Comment


      • Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

        Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        He also backtracked on pre-existing conditions and now says he would keep the "good parts" of ObamaCare.

        Even when he flip-flops he flip-flops.
        so he keeps the good parts (whatever they are) and tosses the bad. It was a bad law with good intentions. Unlike the last time, take your time, build a coalition, then pass it with most of both houses feeling good.

        The 198x tax reform did that. I think they can do it again.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

        ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

        Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

        I want to live forever. So far, so good.

        Comment


        • Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

          Originally posted by geezer View Post
          no no. It's called "evolving." Or was that actaully Obama? A Republican might get into trouble with that word.
          Want to compare candidates on 'evolution'?

          http://www.mittromney.com/issues/health-care as we speak:

          Mitt's Plan

          On his first day in office, Mitt Romney will issue an executive order that paves the way for the federal government to issue Obamacare waivers to all fifty states. He will then work with Congress to repeal the full legislation as quickly as possible.
          Go Gophers!

          Comment


          • Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

            Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
            Its really sad what's happened to the boomers.
            Sad that they've not only destroyed their legacy but also destroyed their country?

            Sad is a very mild term for what they've done.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

            Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

            Comment


            • Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

              Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Sad that they've not only destroyed their legacy but also destroyed their country?

              Sad is a very mild term for what they've done.
              I think its kind of split deal as the boomers may be getting a bit much of the blame thus far. Guys like Norris are from the previous generation.
              Go Gophers!

              Comment


              • Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

                Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                I think its kind of split deal as the boomers may be getting a bit much of the blame thus far. Guys like Norris are from the previous generation.
                You could be right. Those born in the last few years of the Silent Generation that missed being greatly affected by the Great Depression are just as whacko as the Boomers.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                Comment


                • Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

                  I saw how Mittens plans on keeping the pre-existing conditions part of the health care law. Did anybody inform him that's the cosliest part that the insurance companies will raise holy hell about unless they get healthy customers also via the individual mandate? Otherwise the whole thing doesn't work. Must be like his tax plan. We'll get the details after the election. Fortunately for us, he won't be in a position to make those decisions after the election....

                  Kep, you're incorrect about the polling. Polling outfits do indeed have their biases right up until the weekend before election day where they mysteriously all come together to show the race as it is, and can then claim they "got it right". Look no further than Rasmussen, or the Dem outfit Garet-Hart-something or other. They're trying to drive a narrative, not report the true nature of a race.

                  Case in point. Some poll in NM has Obama "only" up by 7 and has Gary Johnson pulling 7% of the race. I don't care if he used to be Gov of NM, there is no way Johnson is going to pull those #'s. A poll was set up to show a close race and drive headlines via who they included in their voter model (as in an over-representation of loons, they must have polled a Ron Paul get-together).
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

                  Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

                  "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

                  Comment


                  • Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

                    Exactly what were Ryan and Mittens thinking going on Sunday talk shows and refusing to talk about the deductions they would be eliminating?

                    And Romney's new Health Care law sounds like an expensive disaster.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                    Comment


                    • Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

                      Well they cant talk about what they dont know...these guys have no clue what they would do if they got elected.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

                      "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

                      Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                      Comment


                      • Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

                        Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        Well they cant talk about what they dont know...these guys have no clue what they would do if they got elected.
                        Then what did Mitt run for?

                        Seriously. The GOP is a freaking train wreck. Not only do they run on economic issues and then do nothing else but social issues at both the state and federal level but they nominate a guy whose sole goal in life is protect rich peoples money and send troops into war. What the hell kind of platform is that?
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                        Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                        Comment


                        • Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

                          Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Then what did Mitt run for?

                          Seriously. The GOP is a freaking train wreck. Not only do they run on economic issues and then do nothing else but social issues at both the state and federal level but they nominate a guy whose sole goal in life is protect rich peoples money and send troops into war. What the hell kind of platform is that?
                          He only wants to send troops into war to protect rich people's money, so that term drops out.

                          Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          What the hell kind of platform is that?
                          Focused.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                          Comment


                          • Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

                            Originally posted by geezer View Post
                            no no. It's called "evolving." Or was that actaully Obama? A Republican might get into trouble with that word.
                            For a Republican to be consistent, he'd have to say God told him to change his mind.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                            Comment


                            • Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

                              Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              Exactly what were Ryan and Mittens thinking going on Sunday talk shows and refusing to talk about the deductions they would be eliminating?

                              And Romney's new Health Care law sounds like an expensive disaster.
                              Mitt Romney is 66 years old I believe. He's running a campaign based on what he saw work for the Republicans, which was the 1980 campaign, as a blueprint for how to defeat an incumbent President. I also think he's encouraged by just-as-old reporters continually alluding to that race as what could happen in this one. Just this morning some ancient NPR reporter was saying how Romney has the advantage in the upcoming debates and could possibly break through with the public ala....you guessed it, Reagan in 1980.

                              Now the problem is, 1980 was thirty two freakin' years ago. The electorate is completely different, the issues have changed, and what worked then doesn't work now. Reagan could run against a hapless incumbent with no accomplishments to run on by sticking to a couple of clear points without filling in too much detail. Mittens doesn't have that luxury, and after watching him struggle to put away Mensa chapter candidates Michelle Bachmann, Herm Cain, Rick Perry and Rick Santorum in the primary debates I'm not sure he's going to get a big lift after debating Obama either.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

                              Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

                              "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

                              Comment


                              • Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

                                Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                Mitt Romney is 66 years old I believe. He's running a campaign based on what he saw work for the Republicans, which was the 1980 campaign, as a blueprint for how to defeat an incumbent President. I also think he's encouraged by just-as-old reporters continually alluding to that race as what could happen in this one. Just this morning some ancient NPR reporter was saying how Romney has the advantage in the upcoming debates and could possibly break through with the public ala....you guessed it, Reagan in 1980.

                                Now the problem is, 1980 was thirty two freakin' years ago. The electorate is completely different, the issues have changed, and what worked then doesn't work now. Reagan could run against a hapless incumbent with no accomplishments to run on by sticking to a couple of clear points without filling in too much detail. Mittens doesn't have that luxury, and after watching him struggle to put away Mensa chapter candidates Michelle Bachmann, Herm Cain, Rick Perry and Rick Santorum in the primary debates I'm not sure he's going to get a big lift after debating Obama either.
                                Reagan ran on Voodoo economics. What economic plan has Romney put out there? Yesterday he was flopping around on Meet the Press like a Sunfish someone just caught and put on the floor of the boat. He makes John Kerry look steadfast and rocky.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                                Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X