Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vacante

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

Anyone find it amusing that the hurricane affected both conventions?
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
      Only 7 hours? Reload and try again.
      If I had a nickel for every time my wife said that to me when I was finished in bed I'd be rich enough to vote Republican.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        *****http://500motivators.com/plog-content/thumbs/motivate/me/large/655-obama-hell-make-it-rain.jpg******
        ...and Romney?

*****http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/texas_drought_weed.jpg******

Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
          I wonder honestly, if I buy a product with govt money, why is that money not the same as if I buy the same product with my own money. can someone enlighten me?

Because the government borrowed* that money before it gave it to you and so it has to be paid back with interest. If you used your own money then you did not incur any debt on behalf of the rest of us.

* or with Printing Press Ben running the Fed, they just printed more of it; devaluing purchasing power for everyone, which again does not happen when you use your own money.
          Last edited by FreshFish; 09-07-2012, 07:02 AM.
          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
            ...and Romney?

*****http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/texas_drought_weed.jpg******

Campaign stop in North Dakota?

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
              I suspect that only someone who is dead set against the dems in the first place actually believes that they booed God.
              Technically, you are correct. The convention clearly voted "nay" three times (watch the video yourself) on a motion to include the word "God" once in their platform. The chair proclaimed that the 'aye' vote carried, anyway. So technically they were booing a fraudulent vote count.

PS one of the television cameras had a picture of the teleprompter telling the chair what to say for the result of the vote, which suggests that the actual vote may not have mattered; the result was pre-determined.
              Last edited by FreshFish; 09-07-2012, 07:14 AM.
              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Saw a decent analysis in Politico that dovetailed somewhat with what Rove has been saying. In the article an alleged private conversation with Mittens operatives revealed that they expected to have Florida in the bag by now and are doing much worse in Ohio. Rove has a 3,2,1 strategy which is for Romney to first put FL, VA, and NC out of play before moving onto Ohio and I forget the other one (maybe MI). Under that scenario he'd only have to win one of the remaining swing states of CO, NV, etc to win the election.

Problem is, he has none of these states nailed down yet, even NC where he just launched a new ad buy.
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

The 3-2-1 I remember was

Indiana (check), North Carolina (check), Virginia
                  Ohio, Florida
                  Pick any

As far as Virginia goes, does anyone else remember how Romney ran that primary on the cheap because he only faced Paul and left the state with one office? Got to think he's regretting that now.
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

I can't believe Romney's campaign thought FL would be "in the bag" at any stage. It was always set up to be a battle of attrition.

I thing it's more likely that they believed (and still do) that they can use FL to leverage their money advantage. They can control the Dems' spending by pouring money in. If the Dems don't take the bait that's an enormous state to bank. If the Dems do, then the RNC and Romney can cream them in ad buys in the other battlegrounds.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

True. Assuming you'd have Florida won in early September is Mark Penn level stupidity.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Comment

In case anybody wondered what a bounce looks like: this is what a bounce looks like.

12 points.

I fearlessly predict that it will be completely gone by 9/15.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          I can't believe Romney's campaign thought FL would be "in the bag" at any stage. It was always set up to be a battle of attrition.

I thing it's more likely that they believed (and still do) that they can use FL to leverage their money advantage. They can control the Dems' spending by pouring money in. If the Dems don't take the bait that's an enormous state to bank. If the Dems do, then the RNC and Romney can cream them in ad buys in the other battlegrounds.
                          Kep there's no "taking the bait" consideration here. Either Romney wins Florida or he has no prayer of getting elected. He doesn't have the luxury of faking a Florida play merely to draw Obama cash there. He desperately needs to win that state above all others even Ohio.

From the article I read the thought was that they'd be up in Florida by this point. Putting it away IMO is more like what happened in 2004, where there was some talk of Kerry making a play but come November it was off the board. Mittens needs NC and FL off the board going into election day or otherwise he's bleeding in too many different places to save his campaign.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            In case anybody wondered what a bounce looks like: this is what a bounce looks like.

12 points.

I fearlessly predict that it will be completely gone by 9/15.
                            wrong link, perhaps?
                            I'm not seeing any bounces there or on RCP.
                            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                              wrong link, perhaps?
                              His approval disapproval was 45+/-48 at the convention start. It's +52/-43 after it ended.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                                wrong link, perhaps?
                                ?

Works for me?

Code:
                                Gallup Poll. Rolling average. N=approx. 1,500 adults nationwide. Margin of error ± 3.

"Do you approve or disapprove of the way Barack Obama is handling his job as president?"

Approve 	Disapprove 	Margin
                                9/4-6/12  	52 	 	43  	 	+9
                                9/3-5/12  	49 	 	45  	 	+4
                                9/2-4/12  	47 	 	47  	 	even
                                9/1-3/12  	45 	 	48  	 	-3
                                Last edited by Kepler; 09-07-2012, 01:46 PM.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X