Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vacante

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

Originally posted by unofan View Post
    As a theoretical model, nothing. But in actual application, everything. Because the only way it works the way you think it works is if we're on the wrong side of the curve. Which if we still had 90% marginal rates on top, might be a legitimate belief. With 35% marginal rates and all sorts of tax breaks to drive that down further, no reasonable person can say we're on the wrong side of the curve. This is especially true of the 15% rate for capital gains.
    What proof do you have that we are currently at the left side, other than the talking points you seem to spew out? Remember that we were also in the midst of a recession in 2002, still feeling the impact from the 9/11 attack (whether or not you believe OBL did it is irrelevant, an attack itself still happened, and the USA dipped into recession). We saw a tax break there, one I'm sure you complained to holy hell about just as much as you are now, and what do you know, a couple years later, we found out that we were to the right of the curve!

Also, one thing to keep in mind: Useful spending will have an impact on the curve, but wasteful spending, such as the one-time stimuli, will not impact the curve, only make it harder to get out of debt.

Comment

• Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

Originally posted by geezer View Post
      It's because of the heroic efforts of the oil companies, Republican governors, and Republican ex-presidents who have all sacrificed their personal comforts and have given of their vast talents to deliver gas to the common people even in the face of the ineffectual, shrill, flailing resistance of our commie president.
      sherpaderp

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        I can't believe that I'm reading this line. The GOP's entire existence as a major party is almost completely dependent upon the stupidity of their constituents... their inability to think clearly... their dependence upon the teat that is GOP talking points.

Suckle away!
        Not like those great brains in inner cities from coast to coast, who vote Democrat years after they've died.
        2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          Not to mention, the whole western world gets a look at your birth certificate.
          That doesnt bother me...according to Fox anyone can forge the short form Birth Certificate

NotthatIneedtodothatIwasbornhere...
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Is it raining yet?

Comment

Krauthammer needs to take over for my local weatherman, since he insists that the Dems knew what the weather would be months ago. If he can call the weather six months in advance, I'll put up with him genuflecting before an alter to Israel afterwards.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

I don't like the re-inclusion of "god" in the Democratic party platform (if I wanted a theocracy, I'd vote RepubliKKKan.) Nor do I support the Jewish aparthied state. Two big fails on the part of the Democrats.

Still, it's refreshing to see Gov. Patrick, Mayor Menino, and Sen. Warren get speaking spots. Hopefully those three can show the rest of the country that Massachusetts is still the center of enlightenment in a country that desparately needs it.
                1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2018

Boston College Hockey: It's just that we're better than you.

B Who? Oh, you mean "Sux 2 B.U."

Comment

Originally posted by TimP View Post
                  I don't like the re-inclusion of "god" in the Democratic party platform (if I wanted a theocracy, I'd vote RepubliKKKan.) Nor do I support the Jewish aparthied state. Two big fails on the part of the Democrats.

Still, it's refreshing to see Gov. Patrick, Mayor Menino, and Sen. Warren get speaking spots. Hopefully those three can show the rest of the country that Massachusetts is still the center of enlightenment in a country that desparately needs it.
                  Spoken like a true Democrat, with the exception of leaving out the obligatory Nazi reference. Half credit for KKK, however. "Sen. Warren?" Has the medicine person made a prediction?
                  Last edited by Old Pio; 09-06-2012, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Live weather cameras document the horrible storms lashing Charlotte. Storms which forced His Gutlessness indoors.

http://weather.weatherbug.com/NC/Cha...mera_animate=1

I seem to recall a certain American general, with far less meteorological information than is now available, ordering a green light for the greatest amphibious operation in world history because there was going to be a "sliver" of good weather over Normandy. Not that Operation Overlord compared in importance to His Transcriptlessness' speech. Forget about the thousands of GI's who were going to get killed or wounded and the future of Europe. This speech, by this jumped up Chicago ward heeler, is far more important. And much more care has to be taken to ensure that "nothing goes wrong." Like thousands of empty seats, for instance.
                    Last edited by Old Pio; 09-06-2012, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                      Live weather cameras document the horrible storms lashing Charlotte. Storms which forced His Gutlessness indoors.

http://weather.weatherbug.com/NC/Cha...mera_animate=1

I seem to recall a certain American general, with far less meteorological information than is now available, ordering a green light for the greatest amphibious operation in world history because there was going to be a "sliver" of good weather over Normandy. Not that Operation Overlord compared in importance to His Transcriptlessness' speech. Forget about the thousands of GI's who were going to get killed or wounded and the future of Europe. This speech, by this jumped up Chicago ward heeler, is far more important. And much more care has to be taken to ensure that "nothing goes wrong." Like thousands of empty seats, for instance.
                      Though the republicans want you to think it's about empty seats, the seats would have been filled regardless. Also, I wonder honestly, if I buy a product with govt money, why is that money not the same as if I buy the same product with my own money. can someone enlighten me?
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                        Though the republicans want you to think it's about empty seats, the seats would have been filled regardless. Also, I wonder honestly, if I buy a product with govt money, why is that money not the same as if I buy the same product with my own money. can someone enlighten me?
                        Of course, the threat of empty seats played no role in the decision to move His Panderness' speech out of the hated BANK OF AMERICA stadium. It's all out of an abundance of caution and concern for the peeple who might have gone. The fact that up until maybe 48 hours before the decision to relocate the speech out of BANK OF AMERICA stadium, the party line was "rain or shine" is of no moment. Move along. Nothing to see here.

Comment

I deeply respect what John Lewis and others did to rid America of Jim Crow. Sadly, that was half a century ago. Now he's just a pathetic, out of touch demagogue peddling the worst sort of racist swill.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/06/re...f-romney-wins/
                          Last edited by Old Pio; 09-06-2012, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            What proof do you have that we are currently at the left side, other than the talking points you seem to spew out? Remember that we were also in the midst of a recession in 2002, still feeling the impact from the 9/11 attack (whether or not you believe OBL did it is irrelevant, an attack itself still happened, and the USA dipped into recession). We saw a tax break there, one I'm sure you complained to holy hell about just as much as you are now, and what do you know, a couple years later, we found out that we were to the right of the curve!
                            As you said, we were in the midst of a recession in 2002. What is more likely? That a tax cut from an already low rate by historical standards caused a jump in (nominal) tax revenue, or a return to a more normal economy caused tax receipts to jump in spite of, rather than because of, the tax cut?

I'll even meet you halfway and say the 2003 tax cut might have jump started the economy (but not the government coffers), but I'm not really sure you want to meet me there. Because that sounds an awful lot like a Keynsian response seeing as a tax cut and spending hike are two sides of the same coin. And you've made it perfectly clear how much you dislike Keynsian economics.

Comment

If you seriously just compared a convention speech to the invasion of Europe, you need to log off for the night and take your meds. Those daggone umpires last fall calling the ALDS and ruining Verlander's start because of rain when Eisenhower would have said "Go forward and do your duty."

This is stupid even for you.
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                Having the Dems boo God may cost them a few votes in the wrong places.
                                I suspect that only someone who is dead set against the dems in the first place actually believes that they booed God.
                                Last edited by duper; 09-06-2012, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X