Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vacante

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vacante

It's September 1, and we put the month of August to bed and the GOP Convention in Tampa.

Now it's off to Charlotte and the Democratic Convention. The highlight of the convention should be when Boston Mayor Thomas "Mumbles" Menino gets up to the podium to speak. You never know what Hizzoner will say or how he will say it.

So have at it folks! Rant, cajole, educate, and whatever away! Just remember - the worst is yet to come!
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    The highlight of the convention should be when Boston Mayor Thomas "Mumbles" Menino gets up to the podium to speak. You never know what Hizzoner will say or how he will say it. !
    The Wizard of Uh. No one can butcher the English language like Mumbles. Suppose they'll have a Mumbles to English translator for his speech. I'll bet Howie would do it.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Re: 2012 Presidential Election Part II -- Charlotte, a National Treasure or sede vaca

Watching "In the Shadow of the Moon" on the Science Channel and I just thought of something -- all the moon landings occurred in the Nixon administration.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Watching "In the Shadow of the Moon" on the Science Channel and I just thought of something -- all the moon landings occurred in the Nixon administration.
        It was odd watching how much hate there was during the RNC over 'the government'. That is until it comes time to talk about the moon landings...or the military (ie, WW II).

Doesn't it seem odd that most negative major national outcomes are supposedly the fault of government and while most positive ones are 'America'?
        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
          It was odd watching how much hate there was during the RNC over 'the government'. That is until it comes time to talk about the moon landings...or the military (ie, WW II).

Doesn't it seem odd that most negative major national outcomes are supposedly the fault of government and while most positive ones are 'America'?
          Not odd at all. Their hatred of the government is their hatred of the democratic expression of popular sovereignty. Their worship of big business is their love of the undemocratic rule of money. Of course economic elites are going to hate "the government." It's us stopping them from ramming their every whim down our throats. And that appalls them.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Not odd at all. Their hatred of the government is their hatred of the democratic expression of popular sovereignty. Their worship of big business is their love of the undemocratic rule of money. Of course economic elites are going to hate "the government." It's us stopping them from ramming their every whim down our throats. And that appalls them.
            We have a republican form of government which is supposed to temper the urges of the mob.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

We have a republican form of government which is supposed to temper the urges of the mob.
              'Merica is a democracy!

But only when mob rule supports a favored position.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                I'll tell you what appalls me: your relentless, juvenile anti-Americanism. Are you a poseur, showing off for Foxton, or do you really mean it? Does it matter?
                Last edited by Old Pio; 09-02-2012, 03:37 PM.
                2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                  juvenile
                  That's rich coming from someone who throws around 1st grade insults with regularity.

*****http://www.israellycool.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/pot-kettle-black.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                    That's rich coming from someone who throws around 1st grade insults with regularity.

*****http://www.israellycool.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/pot-kettle-black.jpg******
                    It hasn't happened yet on this page so clearly it has never happened. A short memory must be an exciting way to live, everything is new and different with every look.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post

You need to go deeper into the ******* playbook. That one's terribly unoriginal and has been worked to death by all the ladies in the chorale who just can't stand an opposing point of view. Who just can't understand why anybody would disagree with their lefty world view. Most of their observations would be right at home at a "Free Julius and Ethel" parade or a "Hiss was framed" rally. Nothing terribly original. Just the usual, boring sh*t. But always, always anti-American. And always, always wrapped up in pseudo-intellectualism. Maureen Dowd would be so proud.
                      Last edited by Old Pio; 09-02-2012, 05:05 PM.

Comment

You need to go deeper into the ******* playbook. That one's terribly unoriginal and has been worked to death by all the ladies in the chorale who just can't stand an opposing point of view. Who just can't understand why anybody would disagree with their lefty world view. Most of their observations would be right at home at a "Free Julius and Ethel" parade or a "Hiss was framed" rally. Nothing terribly original. Just the usual, boring sh*t. But always, always anti-American. And always, always wrapped up in pseudo-intellectualism. Maureen Dowd would be so proud.
                        All insults are in essence juvenile, even the clever ones. When you can't offer something of substance, hurl an insult. But I realize you have a completely one-sided view of this arena so carry on Mr. Rickles.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          All insults are in essence juvenile, even the clever ones. When you can't offer something of substance, hurl an insult. But I realize you have a completely one-sided view of this arena so carry on Mr. Rickles.
                          And the ladies in the chorale are, by inference, open minded? Spare me. Evidently some "completely one sided views" are better than others.
                          Last edited by Old Pio; 09-02-2012, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Got your panties in a wad, do you?
                            Oh the ironing...

Comment

This thread is like a caricature of itself. I love it.

Comment

Working...
                              X