X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 D1 BCS thread

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    I figured that an operation that is wasting that much energy would be a government agency. Good catch on the Memphis angle though.
    It does seem like a money waster, but I am guessing with the air option it actually makes it easier in the long run for everything to get exactly where it needs to be as quickly as possible by having it all route through one place. I thought I saw some business show or something once that talked about that. Keeps the flights easier. Have everything go to Memphis first and then go to the smaller hubs from there. If I want to send something from my hometown in NE Indiana to say Seattle, I am guessing that it would be easier for them to gather all Seattle bound stuff at one place and send it. Otherwise it would go to Indianapolis then Seattle on a flight with like 10 other packages rather than a full flight of stuff for Seattle that had all been gathered in Memphis. Sorry if you (or anyone) already know that or figured that. Just sharing my own thought process.

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    I wonder why they would send it FedEx Air...instead of a guy throwing them in his car and dropping them off on the way home...
    My thoughts too. Though next day air is typically the fastes option, it seems like ground would likely be there next day or at worst day after if its only 5 miles and also cheaper. It kind of depends on the location of the nearest sorting hub though I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
      It does seem like a money waster, but I am guessing with the air option it actually makes it easier in the long run for everything to get exactly where it needs to be as quickly as possible by having it all route through one place. I thought I saw some business show or something once that talked about that. Keeps the flights easier. Have everything go to Memphis first and then go to the smaller hubs from there. If I want to send something from my hometown in NE Indiana to say Seattle, I am guessing that it would be easier for them to gather all Seattle bound stuff at one place and send it. Otherwise it would go to Indianapolis then Seattle on a flight with like 10 other packages rather than a full flight of stuff for Seattle that had all been gathered in Memphis. Sorry if you (or anyone) already know that or figured that. Just sharing my own thought process.
      Exactly this. Plus, they can spend $10M on one big processing center rather than $1M each on 20 small processing centers.
      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Correct, Fed-Ex 2 day air. Since Stanford alumni are spread all over the country, it's probably also easier for them to not overthink and just have it all go to the same place. Plus, since this is the Rose Bowl and not a regular season home game there may be some rules proscribed regarding the shipping and handling that the university has no control over.

Also my seats are in the very last row, so I'll get a nice view of the Pasadena skyline.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Well that makes sense.
          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Per WSJ, Gary Andersen of Utah State to Wisconsin.
            AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post

The kicker? He's one of my all time favorite Vikings!

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                Exactly this. Plus, they can spend $10M on one big processing center rather than $1M each on 20 small processing centers.
                Hub and spoke, FTW. It's the model that FED EX basically made standard, IIRC.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                  ...smart***
                  AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                    ...smart***
                    Well, the part after "smart" is right.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                      I wouldn't trust him with the kicking game (particularly in very important games).
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                        Interesting hire, gonna be tough to see Wisconsin continue where Bielema left off with 7 of the top 8 assistants leaving for other schools. Top defensive coaches joining Bielema in Arkansas, 2 of the top offensive coaches joining former Badger coach, Doeren at NC State. Hopefully Tom Hammock stays for some continuity, not to mention he is recruiting coordinator, so he would be a good one to get to stay.
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

It's funny that somebody has already updated Wikipedia listing him as coach of UW. Shouldn't they wait until some sort of official announcement?
                          Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Working...
                          X