This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 D1 BCS thread

I'm usually a hater when it comes to Notre Dame. I usually even root for Michigan to beat them.

Grew up in the Chicago area, went to a Catholic high school, had Notre Dame shoved down my throat from day 1 by Chicago media (They do know that ND is in Indiana and not Chicago, right?) etc...

Rudy went to my HS, btw.

Anyway, this time, and maybe only this time, I'm rooting for their LB for Heisman and rooting for them in the Natty Game - as much as I'm rooting at all.

Comment

It's amazing. I finally found out what it would take for me to root for Notre Dame. The ****ing SEC.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

ND has been largely irrelevant during my lifetime so I just don't have this hatred for them. Actually happy to see them "back". I guess having them win is better than hearing them complain about losing.
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
          It's amazing. I finally found out what it would take for me to root for Notre Dame. The ****ing SEC.
          Right there with you.
          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
            I'm usually a hater when it comes to Notre Dame. I usually even root for Michigan to beat them.

Grew up in the Chicago area, went to a Catholic high school, had Notre Dame shoved down my throat from day 1 by Chicago media (They do know that ND is in Indiana and not Chicago, right?) etc...

Rudy went to my HS, btw.

Anyway, this time, and maybe only this time, I'm rooting for their LB for Heisman and rooting for them in the Natty Game - as much as I'm rooting at all.
            Although my bio differs a bit, I'm right with you on all the conclusions. Room for one more on the bandwagon?

Comment

Uh... really?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--...195732340.html

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

I've never liked him.

Could end up biting me (and us) in the arse, but "SEE YA!"

AM 1070 is "looking for confirmation." Pat Forde is a known entity. Looks legit.

ESPN also reporting it.

Bring Cryst back!
                Last edited by Gurtholfin; 12-04-2012, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                  I've never liked him.

Could end up biting me (and us) in the arse, but "SEE YA!"

AM 1070 is "looking for confirmation." Pat Forde is a known entity. Looks legit.

ESPN also reporting it.
                  Hey, I've never liked the ********* either, but we did get results under him.

Who will make highly questionable decisions in our bowl games now?

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                    Hey, I've never liked the ********* either, but we did get results under him.

Who will make highly questionable decisions in our bowl games now?

Darrel Bevel?

Comment

I just gotta think that Duh-lema will get eaten alive in the SEC.

Seriously, Arkansas? Have fun with that!
                      Last edited by Gurtholfin; 12-04-2012, 02:27 PM.

Comment

I wish I could take credit for this one, but it's from an old college friend of mine:

Considering Petrino's exploits, Bielema seems like an incredibly good fit in that case.

Comment

I can FULLY understand why Bielema would want that job.

I'm just surprised that he's Arkansas's guy.

Comment

Talking about Cryst on 1070 now.

He loved Madison. Bring him back!

Comment

Wow, this is funny...

Originally posted by Bret Bielema
                              “I can tell you this,” says Wisconsin coach Bret Bielema. “We at the Big Ten don’t want to be like the SEC—in any way, shape or form.”
                              link

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                                Wow, this is funny...

link
                                the only people who lie more than head football coaches are politicians.
                                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                                X