Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2012 D1 BCS thread - Be VERY careful or I'll go all Priceless on you.

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    Think it's a tossup on whether the Big Ten or ACC had the worst weekend. Wake Forest and Maryland hold on for last second wins over FCS teams, future ACC Pitt gets hammered by YSU. NC State looked awful last night. Big Ten had close calls by Iowa vs. NIU and Wisconsin against well, NIU of Iowa, Penn State dropping one to Ohio and whatever that was that Michigan was trying earlier.
    The Pac12 wasn't exactly lights out either. Stanford beat San Jose State by a field goal while Cal opens their new stadium with a 7 point loss to Nevada. Wazzou opens the Leach era getting killed by BYU and Colorado loses to Colorado State. Washington didn't exactly dominate San Diego State and Arizona needs OT to hold off Toledo. Granted USC and Oregon did what they were expected to, and UCLA, ASU, and Utah managed to decisively beat their warmups, and Oregon State avoided trouble with a postponed game.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Subscribed because USC will receive another ban before Kiffin's contract is up.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Imagine being that poor kid who just transferred in from Penn State. Where's left for him to go where this won't happen, BYU?
        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
          Imagine being that poor kid who just transferred in from Penn State. Where's left for him to go where this won't happen, BYU?
          See Seantrell Henderson.

Went to USC. Bowl banninated. Went to Miami. Pay-for-play scandal revealed by that guy who ran the ponzi scheme down there.
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Getting 15 scholarships taken for 3 years for giving Bush's parents a condo while Penn St. gets the same penalty for 5 years? Something doesn't add up. The NCAA will go whipping boy on USC soon enough.
            Twitter: DanMountSports
            2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
              Getting 15 scholarships taken for 3 years for giving Bush's parents a condo while Penn St. gets the same penalty for 5 years? Something doesn't add up. The NCAA will go whipping boy on USC soon enough.
              If what bronconick said is true, the NCAA will go tactical nuke (not full nuke) on USC.
              Code:

Comment

Anyone see that the NCAA absolved UNC of any guilt over academic fraud??
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I think they received a bowl ban IIRC.
                  Code:

Comment

I think they received a bowl ban IIRC.
                    That was for having a coach working with an agent. UNC had a department that basically didn't exist that huge chunks of their players took classes in, but apparently because regular students could also take non-existant classes, they broke no NCAA rules. Go figure.
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

That was for having a coach working with an agent. UNC had a department that basically didn't exist that huge chunks of their players took classes in, but apparently because regular students could also take non-existant classes, they broke no NCAA rules. Go figure.
                      The NCAA should probably close up that loophole. It will be the death of several of the top Basket Weaving departments in the country...
                      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                      Originally posted by Quizmire
                      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Subscribed.

I think I just stopped laughing at Michigan a few minutes ago.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          Subscribed.

I think I just stopped laughing at Michigan a few minutes ago.
                          People stop laughing at Michigan?
                          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                            People stop laughing at Michigan?
                            The bookies have not stopped thanking Floyd Mayweather.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Speaking of laughing at the Big Ten, they decided today that Ohio State and Penn State are eligible to be "Whatever Division they're in" Division Champions, even though they can't play in the game.

Sense, you make none.
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Speaking of laughing at the Big Ten, they decided today that Ohio State and Penn State are eligible to be "Whatever Division they're in" Division Champions, even though they can't play in the game.

Sense, you make none.
                                You're talking about the league that thought Nebraska would be a good addition to the CIC.
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X