Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Convention junkies can obsess details here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Convention junkies can obsess details here!

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    If you're going to boast about how you have pictures of American vessels, and I'm just going to go out on a limb that you're interested in the details of American warships in general, then I would think you'd know if what was pictured were not American vessels. You're not going to get away with adding an assume clause in order to make your party look good. Otherwise, I'd call you a DNC robot.

My post was critical of this mistake.

I wasn't "boasting" of having pictures. I was saying that it was easy to find those pictures through Google.

Another brilliant post on your part. Keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

I wasn't "boasting" of having pictures. I was saying that it was easy to find those pictures through Google.

Behold the power of trolls.

There is only one solution to this. It's under "Settings."
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Giving someone the benefit of the doubt does not constitute being critical of a mistake. Nice try.

Comment

Giving someone the benefit of the doubt does not constitute being critical of a mistake. Nice try.
          Where did he give them the benefit of the doubt?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
            "Assuming of course that this turns out to be true."

Comment

Who knows?

I thought I was clear in saying that it was a very silly and careless mistake considering how easy it would have been to get it right.

Comment

Who knows?

I thought I was clear in saying that it was a very silly and careless mistake considering how easy it would have been to get it right.
                I guess he's saying your assume clause is giving them benefit of the doubt. To be fair, the article does mention the DNC apologizing for the incorrect pictures so I think we can know a mistake was made. However, it is still pretty confusing to see how that could somehow change your post into either giving them the benefit of the doubt or making the DNC look good, as your message that it was a dumb mistake and one it would have been easy for them to avoid in the first place is pretty clear.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

I guess he's saying your assume clause is giving them benefit of the doubt. To be fair, the article does mention the DNC apologizing for the incorrect pictures so I think we can know a mistake was made. However, it is still pretty confusing to see how that could somehow change your post into either giving them the benefit of the doubt or making the DNC look good, as your message that it was a dumb mistake and one it would have been easy for them to avoid in the first place is pretty clear.

I was posting very early in the cycle of the story, so I was adding a disclaimer to my own points about this specific instance of incompetence. That's all.

Also, while embarrassing, it won't amount to anything although FAUX will undoubtedly try to make it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Behold the power of trolls.

There is only one solution to this. It's under "Settings."
                    Why would you want to ignore Flag? I'm hoping this is all a gag and he's playing a character out here that's easily caricatured as a laughingstock. If not, the dude needs to seek professional help and quickly.
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

"Assuming of course that this turns out to be true."
                      That's not giving the DNC the benefit of the doubt, that's refusing to give Foxnews the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                        Why would you want to ignore Flag? I'm hoping this is all a gag and he's playing a character out here that's easily caricatured as a laughingstock. If not, the dude needs to seek professional help and quickly.
                        Do tell us, and I played Willy Wonka in my senior play so I can do the pose, how "the dude needs to seek professional help and quickly."

Comment

Do tell us, and I played Willy Wonka in my senior play so I can do the pose, how "the dude needs to seek professional help and quickly."
                          You want to know how you can seek professional help? Well, I'd suggest printing out your incoherent ramblings out here and sending them to your primary care physician. I'm sure they'll have you committed within the hour.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            You want to know how you can seek professional help? Well, I'd suggest printing out your incoherent ramblings out here and sending them to your primary care physician. I'm sure they'll have you committed within the hour.
                            Well, thank you, Oprah.

Comment

Well, thank you, Oprah.
                              I'm way better looking than Oprah although as I only weigh about 195 she might be a little bigger than me.

Comment

Working...
                              X