Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Convention junkies can obsess details here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Convention junkies can obsess details here!

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    For the record, no matter how much Kepler and his "We Are Smarter than You all" Dem wing and Glenn Beck and his "We Have to Protect Israel At All Costs So Jesus Wont Cry" wing want to believe it, America will never abandon Israel. The fallout from such a move would cause a chaos unlike you have seen in some time...and I am not talking in the MidEast, I am talking here on the homefront. It would be political suicide for which ever party made the decision. If the Dems did it all those Jewish celebs would take their millions and spend it on more trips to the French Riviera and if the GOP did it then not only would the Evangelicals walk away over the idea of allowing the Holy Land to fall but all those wonderful bankers on Wall Street that spend the high holidays at Temple Bet I Got More Shekels Than You Do will walk away. (do you think anyone will accuse me of being Anti-Semitic...I have been accused of being in the KKK before )

Then, within days of the US walking away there would be Civil War in the MidEast, and all it would take is CNN to show one school being blown up or one child being shot in a square and BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE! But hey, Europe would be happy..."The Less Jews the Better" has been their platform since Medieval Times

So lets just drop it ok. It will not happen...
    The Israelis caught themselves before going too far down the only road that would have made it untenable for the US to support them. While they were annexing territory between 1948 and 1973, the % of the population that was Jewish went from like 93% to 75%, and the Muslims outbreed them at something like 1.5/2-1 ratio. Someone realized that if they ended up just annexing the rest of Palestine, they'd be down around 55% and be within a decade of being a minority, leaving them with the option of giving up control of their nation or attempting some version of apartheid. The latter would have been impossible for the US to back.

I believe they've stabilized in the low-mid 70's for about a quarter century now.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

97% Jill Stein
      92% Barack Obama
      81% Rocky Anderson
      7% Mitt Romney

Comment

Romney strove to break even w Obama over the weekend for the first time in the RCP poll average. Now Obama's starting to sniff a bounce. He's back up to +1.3. This with just 2 polls in...Rasmussen and Gallup.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

It's becoming clearer that Romney really blew a great opportunity with his tepid acceptance speech. Earlier that evening, they had some people from Bain Capital talking about their work; it was a great setup for him to say something like "what we did at Bain was to find good companies with hidden value that wasn't fully realized, and unlock it. It's my plan do to the same thing for the US government. There are lots of valuable assets that aren't being used to their full potential. We can get a lot more from government without increasing taxes in two very important ways, both of which I am very good at: getting more revenue from existing assets, and getting more value from our existing employees and programs. Did you know we have 47 different jobs programs, yet unemployment is a serious problem? and who can run a functional government with 15 cabinet departments?" and on and on.

No specifics, no ideas. wasted opportunity that likely will cost him. He could have framed out an agenda of opportunity and growth and dynamism and he failed to do so.
          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
            So free birth control is just another pander tactic?
            As I mentioned, Fluke was not put on stage for her content...neither was Eastwood. It should be obvious that were both put in prime time spots in attempts to reach specific voting groups.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
              It's becoming clearer that Romney really blew a great opportunity with his tepid acceptance speech. Earlier that evening, they had some people from Bain Capital talking about their work; it was a great setup for him to say something like "what we did at Bain was to find good companies with hidden value that wasn't fully realized, and unlock it. It's my plan do to the same thing for the US government. There are lots of valuable assets that aren't being used to their full potential. We can get a lot more from government without increasing taxes in two very important ways, both of which I am very good at: getting more revenue from existing assets, and getting more value from our existing employees and programs. Did you know we have 47 different jobs programs, yet unemployment is a serious problem? and who can run a functional government with 15 cabinet departments?" and on and on.

No specifics, no ideas. wasted opportunity that likely will cost him. He could have framed out an agenda of opportunity and growth and dynamism and he failed to do so.
              Been his gameplan all year. No details, no specifics, no plans. If it wasn't for the Tea Party, we probably wouldn't even know what he wanted to do about Health Care, and that's just "Repeal and replace." "Replace with what?" "You'll see."
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                Been his gameplan all year. No details, no specifics, no plans. If it wasn't for the Tea Party, we probably wouldn't even know what he wanted to do about Health Care, and that's just "Repeal and replace." "Replace with what?" "You'll see."
                The most popular thing a politician can say is that he will "cut spending." The most unpopular thing a politician can say is that he will "cut spending on X."
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                  97% Jill Stein
                  92% Barack Obama
                  81% Rocky Anderson
                  7% Mitt Romney
                  85% Gary Johnson, not shocked by this
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

79% Barack Obama (Economic, foreign policy, environmental, and immigration)
                    66% Gary Johnson (domestic policy, social, immigration, and healthcare issues)
                    66% Mitt Romney (domestic policy and science issues)

67% Democratic
                    62% Republican
                    55% Green
                    44% Libertarian

This makes no sense whatsoever...
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Per Gallup's 3-day rolling average, Obama's job approval convention bounce is up to 13 points (from -3 to +10).

I'd expect to see it crest and recede now. The question is, what will be the new baseline? All the way back down to -3, or someplace higher with a sustained gain?
                      Last edited by Kepler; 09-08-2012, 03:06 PM.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Obama who?
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

OOPS!
                          http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...ibute-to-vets/
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Hilarious! How hard would have been to get photos from the navy itself? Or even Google?

I have several in my screen saver folder that I got on Google and they're hi-res, giant files and beautiful.

This is not difficult stuff...

The incompetence at all levels of government (and the parties) is stunning but unfortunately, no longer surprising.

Assuming of course that this turns out to be true. Not gonna change any votes though or make the DNC any less successful in hindsight.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                              Hilarious! How hard would have been to get photos from the navy itself? Or even Google?

I have several in my screen saver folder that I got on Google and they're hi-res, giant files and beautiful.

This is not difficult stuff...

The incompetence at all levels of government (and the parties) is stunning but unfortunately, no longer surprising.

Assuming of course that this turns out to be true. Not gonna change any votes though or make the DNC any less successful in hindsight.
                              If you're going to boast about how you have pictures of American vessels, and I'm just going to go out on a limb that you're interested in the details of American warships in general, then I would think you'd know if what was pictured were not American vessels. You're not going to get away with adding an assume clause in order to make your party look good. Otherwise, I'd call you a DNC robot.

Comment

Almost a week later the bounce has not really dissipated yet.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X