Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Convention junkies can obsess details here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SteveP View Post
    Dennis Miller chimed in as well

Dennis Miller definitely knows what he is talking about. I mean, who better to ask about someone ranting nonsensically?

But good for you guys. You got a big movie-star to spit out a few words some could understand. I'm am sure most of the electorate can't see right through it. Seriously.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Re: Convention junkies can obsess details here!

Some context for the bump numbers that will be tricking in over the next couple days:

*****http://dailydish.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451c45669e2017c31924a3c970b-550wi******
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

DNC key note speakers. A list with ups and downs. Ups: Clinton assuming he's still on top of his game (in fact, H Clinton would probably have been a good addition). Question mark is E Warren. I don't know enough about her. Downs: I'm not big on Kerry. And along with Warren on the previous night, that's a bit much to throw at Mass IMO.

Tuesday, September 4 - Michelle Obama and Julián Castro

The speakers for the day include:
        Independent Governor Lincoln Chafee of Rhode Island
        Former President Jimmy Carter via video[18]
        First Lady Michelle Obama[19]
        Julian Castro, mayor of San Antonio.[19]

[edit] Wednesday, September 5 - Elizabeth Warren and Bill Clinton

Democratic Senate candidate for Massachusetts Elizabeth Warren[20]
        Former President Bill Clinton[20]

[edit] Thursday, September 6 - Joe Biden and Barack Obama

U.S. Senator John Kerry of Massachusetts
        Vice President Joe Biden
        President Barack Obama
        Go Gophers!

Comment

Lyawatha is going to speak at the Dem convention? Maybe she tell us about the benefits gained by lying about ones heritage
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
            Downs: I'm not big on Kerry.
            Perhaps the strategy is to remind everyone what horrible candidates Massachusetts ex-governors are...
            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
              Perhaps the strategy is to remind everyone what horrible candidates Massachusetts ex-governors are...
              Not a good track record, is it?
              Go Gophers!

Comment

It will be real interesting to watch Clinton's speech. Clinton does not like Obama, and Obama does not trust Clinton. Look for a few back-handed compliments...."we never had troubles like these when I was President, and if we're lucky Obama will listen to me next term and maybe then we can make some progress...." he won't quite phrase it that way, yet I'll bet he finds a subtle way to imply it.

I read somewhere that the Obama people were calling Clinton with "suggestions" and he was none to happy about it.
                "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  Lyawatha is going to speak at the Dem convention? Maybe she tell us about the benefits gained by lying about ones heritage
                  Oh, man, if Chris Matthews heard you say that, he'd freak out, thinking you were talking in code and secretly referring to "someone else".....

It's funny how some of those commenters talk about "dog whistles," did they forget that only dogs can hear them?
                  "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Posted with tongue firmly in cheek

HOT OFF THE PRESSES – DEMORATS [sic] CONVENTION SCHEDULE
                    September 2nd, 2012 | Author: The Meister

2012 Democratic Convention Schedule – Charlotte , NC

4:00 PM – Opening Flag Burning Ceremony – sponsored by CNN
                    4:05 PM – Singing of “God **** America” led by Rev. Jeremiah Wright
                    4:10 PM – Pledge of Allegiance to Obama – led by Whoopie Goldberg
                    4:15 PM – Tribute to George Soros for his help in creating and financing the Democratic Platform – Nancy Pelosi
                    4:30 PM – Reading of the Democratic Platform – Nancy Pelosi XXXX Canceled. Will be passed without reading.
                    4:30 PM – Tribute to the Occupy Wall Street movement for all that they have accomplished to unify the country, improve employment, and boost the economy. – Harry Reid
                    4:45 PM – Jobs seminar “How to have a successful career without having a job.” – Al Sharpton / Jesse Jackson
                    5:00 PM – Travel Seminar; “Great Vacations I’ve Taken on the Taxpayer’s Dime” – Michelle Obama.
                    5:30 PM – “Family Values” Seminar – Eliot Spitzer (via Satellite)
                    5:35 PM – Real Estate Bargains Seminar – Tony Rezko
                    6:00 PM – Home Mortgage Seminar – Barney Frank
                    6:10 PM – Pledge of Allegiance to Obama – led by George Clooney
                    6:15 PM – Airing of Grievances by the Clintons
                    6:30 pm – Kinder, Gentler Bombing Techniques – Bill Ayers
                    6:45 PM – Paying Your Fair Share – Timothy Geitner
                    7:00 PM – Free Gov. Blagovich rally
                    7:15 PM – Tribute Film to Brave Freedom Fighters incarcerated at GITMO – Michael Moore
                    7:30 PM – Dramatized film re-enactment of Obama’s single handed capture of Osama Bin Laden – Michael Moore
                    7:45 PM – Personal Finance Seminar – Charlie Rangle
                    7:50 PM – Commitment to US border security – Atty Gen Holder
                    8:10 PM – Pledge of Allegiance to Obama – led by David Letterman
                    8:15 PM – Media Seminar “Bias in Media – How we can make it work for you” – sponsored by CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, the Washington Post and the New York Times
                    9:00 PM – Denunciation of Bitter Gun Owners and Bible readers – Dem Natl Cmte Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz.
                    9:15 PM – Energy Plan Symposium / Tire Gauge Demonstration / Profiting with Green Investments – Al Gore
                    10:00 PM – Ceremonial Waving of White Flag for IRAQ , & Afghanistan
                    10:10 PM – Pledge of Allegiance to Obama – led by Barbra Streisand
                    10:15 PM – Obama Accepts Oscar, Tony and Latin Grammy Awards
                    10:20 PM – Obama accepts Congressional Medal of Honor for Bin Laden capture
                    10:25 PM – Obama accepts Greenpeace Hero Medal for instant cleanup of Gulf oil spill, and blocking of Keystone Pipeline
                    10:30 PM – Official Nomination of Obama by Bill Maher and Chris “He sends a thrill up my leg” Matthews
                    10:45 PM – *** Break for installation of additional teleprompters ***
                    11:00 PM – Obama Accepts Nomination as Lord and Savior
                    11:45 PM – Feeding of the Delegates with 5 Loaves and 2 Fish – Obama Presiding
                    12:00 AM – Celestial Choirs Sing (Food stamps distributed to all delegates as they leave.)
                    1:00 AM – Convention Hall cleared and cleaned
                    3:00 AM – Biden Delivers Acceptance Speech
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Humor on the right never seems to be funny.
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                        Looks like Clint Eastwood's needling of Obama last night got under his skin:
                        Looks that way:

“I am a huge Clint Eastwood fan,”

“He is a great actor, and an even better director,”

“I think the last few movies that he’s made have been terrific.”
                        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                          Humor on the right never seems to be funny.

They have no sense of humor whatsoever. Remember when they tried the Daily Show knockoff on FOX? Horrible, just like the faux Dem convention schedule that was posted here.

Weird thing is that when liberals make fun of Dems (like Stewart or Colbert or SNL) it's funny, but when Repubs do, it just seems pathetic.

I mean, Dems are funny. Plenty of material there to make fun of.
                          Last edited by Gurtholfin; 09-02-2012, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            Posted with tongue firmly in cheek

HOT OFF THE PRESSES – DEMORATS [sic] CONVENTION SCHEDULE
                            September 2nd, 2012 | Author: The Meister

2012 Democratic Convention Schedule – Charlotte , NC

4:00 PM – Opening Flag Burning Ceremony – sponsored by CNN
                            4:05 PM – Singing of “God **** America” led by Rev. Jeremiah Wright
                            4:10 PM – Pledge of Allegiance to Obama – led by Whoopie Goldberg
                            4:15 PM – Tribute to George Soros for his help in creating and financing the Democratic Platform – Nancy Pelosi
                            4:30 PM – Reading of the Democratic Platform – Nancy Pelosi XXXX Canceled. Will be passed without reading.
                            4:30 PM – Tribute to the Occupy Wall Street movement for all that they have accomplished to unify the country, improve employment, and boost the economy. – Harry Reid
                            4:45 PM – Jobs seminar “How to have a successful career without having a job.” – Al Sharpton / Jesse Jackson
                            5:00 PM – Travel Seminar; “Great Vacations I’ve Taken on the Taxpayer’s Dime” – Michelle Obama.
                            5:30 PM – “Family Values” Seminar – Eliot Spitzer (via Satellite)
                            5:35 PM – Real Estate Bargains Seminar – Tony Rezko
                            6:00 PM – Home Mortgage Seminar – Barney Frank
                            6:10 PM – Pledge of Allegiance to Obama – led by George Clooney
                            6:15 PM – Airing of Grievances by the Clintons
                            6:30 pm – Kinder, Gentler Bombing Techniques – Bill Ayers
                            6:45 PM – Paying Your Fair Share – Timothy Geitner
                            7:00 PM – Free Gov. Blagovich rally
                            7:15 PM – Tribute Film to Brave Freedom Fighters incarcerated at GITMO – Michael Moore
                            7:30 PM – Dramatized film re-enactment of Obama’s single handed capture of Osama Bin Laden – Michael Moore
                            7:45 PM – Personal Finance Seminar – Charlie Rangle
                            7:50 PM – Commitment to US border security – Atty Gen Holder
                            8:10 PM – Pledge of Allegiance to Obama – led by David Letterman
                            8:15 PM – Media Seminar “Bias in Media – How we can make it work for you” – sponsored by CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, the Washington Post and the New York Times
                            9:00 PM – Denunciation of Bitter Gun Owners and Bible readers – Dem Natl Cmte Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz.
                            9:15 PM – Energy Plan Symposium / Tire Gauge Demonstration / Profiting with Green Investments – Al Gore
                            10:00 PM – Ceremonial Waving of White Flag for IRAQ , & Afghanistan
                            10:10 PM – Pledge of Allegiance to Obama – led by Barbra Streisand
                            10:15 PM – Obama Accepts Oscar, Tony and Latin Grammy Awards
                            10:20 PM – Obama accepts Congressional Medal of Honor for Bin Laden capture
                            10:25 PM – Obama accepts Greenpeace Hero Medal for instant cleanup of Gulf oil spill, and blocking of Keystone Pipeline
                            10:30 PM – Official Nomination of Obama by Bill Maher and Chris “He sends a thrill up my leg” Matthews
                            10:45 PM – *** Break for installation of additional teleprompters ***
                            11:00 PM – Obama Accepts Nomination as Lord and Savior
                            11:45 PM – Feeding of the Delegates with 5 Loaves and 2 Fish – Obama Presiding
                            12:00 AM – Celestial Choirs Sing (Food stamps distributed to all delegates as they leave.)
                            1:00 AM – Convention Hall cleared and cleaned
                            3:00 AM – Biden Delivers Acceptance Speech
                            What time is the Feats of Strength?
                            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                              What time is the Feats of Strength?
                              After the airing of the grievances
                              Twitter: DanMountSports
                              2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                                Oh, man, if Chris Matthews heard you say that, he'd freak out, thinking you were talking in code and secretly referring to "someone else".....

It's funny how some of those commenters talk about "dog whistles," did they forget that only dogs can hear them?
                                Chicago is the latest code word, he must really freak listening to ESPN
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X