Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Convention junkies can obsess details here!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Convention junkies can obsess details here!

    Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
    They have no sense of humor whatsoever. Remember when they tried the Daily Show knockoff on FOX? Horrible, just like the faux Dem convention schedule that was posted here.
    Satire presupposes a sense of reality -- you have to understand what's absurd about actuality to make fun of it. The right either fears, ignores or rejects reality, so whenever they try to lampoon it their target is wrong. The "empty chair" was the epitome of why the right isn't funny. The thing they set up to make fun on doesn't exist, so there's no humor in the payoff, just their perpetual droning self-interest.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

    Comment


    • Re: Convention junkies can obsess details here!

      Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
      I read somewhere that the Obama people were calling Clinton with "suggestions" and he was none to happy about it.
      That would be interested to read.

      Comment


      • Re: Convention junkies can obsess details here!

        Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Satire presupposes a sense of reality -- you have to understand what's absurd about actuality to make fun of it. The right either fears, ignores or rejects reality, so whenever they try to lampoon it their target is wrong. The "empty chair" was the epitome of why the right isn't funny. The thing they set up to make fun on doesn't exist, so there's no humor in the payoff, just their perpetual droning self-interest.
        Whistling past the graveyard? Again? Bill Maher doesn't share your analysis of Clint's performance. It wasn't designed for the leftys in "mediaworld." Truth to tell, you and the other libstains secretly know Clint killed, by subjecting that cheap, pumped up Chicago pol to mockery. And you just can't mock His Oneness.The reaction is "he's senile" (odd, since he's directed 8 films in the last five years) or "how dare he." Democrats are either dumb or playing dumb on this one. My guess is it's the latter. They know Eastwood drew blood. Now there's talk of countering Clint with Betty White! Now I really like Betty, she's from my home town. But, honestly, Betty White?
        2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

        Comment


        • Re: Convention junkies can obsess details here!

          Originally posted by walrus View Post
          Chicago is the latest code word, he must really freak listening to ESPN
          "Golf," too, is also a racist codeword. At least according to the menagerie on MSNBC.
          2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

          Comment


          • Re: Convention junkies can obsess details here!

            Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
            "Golf," too, is also a racist codeword. At least according to the menagerie on MSNBC.
            There are days "Golf" is a swear word. It is also an economic stimulus. Many golfers spend gobs of money on trying to get from 100 -> 80, or to embrace the latest technology.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

            ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

            Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

            I want to live forever. So far, so good.

            Comment


            • Re: Convention junkies can obsess details here!

              Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
              Whistling past the graveyard? Again? Bill Maher doesn't share your analysis of Clint's performance. It wasn't designed for the leftys in "mediaworld." Truth to tell, you and the other libstains secretly know Clint killed, by subjecting that cheap, pumped up Chicago pol to mockery. And you just can't mock His Oneness.The reaction is "he's senile" (odd, since he's directed 8 films in the last five years) or "how dare he." Democrats are either dumb or playing dumb on this one. My guess is it's the latter. They know Eastwood drew blood. Now there's talk of countering Clint with Betty White! Now I really like Betty, she's from my home town. But, honestly, Betty White?
              Try posting sober, k? If you were already sober then time to get hammered. Jebus.

              Comment


              • Re: Convention junkies can obsess details here!

                Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                Try posting sober, k? If you were already sober then time to get hammered. Jebus.
                Right back at ya, chump. Oh, and just for the novelty, why not try calling it the same on both ends of the floor?
                2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

                Comment


                • Re: Convention junkies can obsess details here!

                  Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                  Right back at ya, chump. Oh, and just for the novelty, why not try calling it the same on both ends of the floor?
                  Way to affirm my point.

                  Comment


                  • Re: Convention junkies can obsess details here!

                    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    Way to affirm my point.

                    Way to affirm mine.
                    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

                    Comment


                    • Re: Convention junkies can obsess details here!

                      Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                      Way to affirm mine.

                      Don't lose the Clapper my friend.

                      Comment


                      • Re: Convention junkies can obsess details here!

                        Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        Don't lose the Clapper my friend.
                        Is this an example of libstain wit? Or are you free lancing? Either way, it's down to your usual standards.
                        2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

                        Comment


                        • Re: Convention junkies can obsess details here!

                          Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          There are days "Golf" is a swear word. It is also an economic stimulus. Many golfers spend gobs of money on trying to get from 100 -> 80, or to embrace the latest technology.
                          Then there's the Democrat assembly candidate in NY who used the word "negrohood" in a law and order flyer against an opponant. He claims it was a "typo." Odd "typo," given the number of letters that would have to be moved around to get from "neighborhood" to "negrohood." Odd, too, that nobody in his campaign noticed. What's not odd, however, is that the MSM have given him a total pass.

                          http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1147632

                          So the MSM can sniff out racial animus in words like "golf" and "Chicago" but not in "negrohood." Odd.
                          Last edited by Old Pio; 09-04-2012, 04:48 AM.
                          2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

                          Comment


                          • Re: Convention junkies can obsess details here!

                            Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                            Is this an example of libstain wit? Or are you free lancing? Either way, it's down to your usual standards.
                            Such a clever nymph.

                            Comment


                            • Re: Convention junkies can obsess details here!

                              The Democrats are getting into the spirit of the thing and it doesn't even start 'till tomorrow. Governor Perdue is out with the obligatory reference to "coat hangers in the bath tub," and this a*shat, who's the chairman of the California delegation, compares GOP, especially Ryan, to Goebbels. A comment which drew an immediate rebuke from His Panderness' campaign.
                              2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Convention junkies can obsess details here!

                                Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                                So the MSM can sniff out racial animus in words like "golf" and "Chicago" but not in "negrohood." Odd.
                                Yeah. 'Negrohood' is racist and far moreso than golf, etc. Of my generation, I have at least one 'democrat' acquaintance who is more vocally racist than any of my conservative friends.

                                It just seems that on the national political stage that conservatives either can't help but saying racist stuff or attempt to periodically take borderline racist political action far more than liberals (for whatever reason). In the end, a bevy of actions from folks like Jan Brewer put her on par on racism with my vocal 'dem' acquaintance. Its just that conservative Jan has more visible impacts.
                                Go Gophers!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X