Shooting at the Empire State Building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooting at the Empire State Building

Not many details: 4-5 injured Gunman said to be dead.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/08/24...tate-building/
    Providence College
    National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Re: Shooting at the Empire State Building

I thought shootings in NYC were the norm.
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Are we sure there was one this time, or are the police trying to cover something up again?

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
        I thought shootings in NYC were the norm.
        You're thinking of Chicago.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
          Actually, you're both right.

Comment

One dead plus the shooter according to news reports.
            Last edited by joecct; 08-24-2012, 11:08 AM.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
              These days its picking up everywhere...Texas, Colorado, etc. Now a days, gunmen are showing up all over the place on a monthly basis.
              Go Gophers!

Comment

There's the same amount of shootings as there have been for a while, now its just that more of them make the national news. How many shootings with 2 dead, including the shooter are there a year? Hundreds?
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Disgruntled employee who was fired about a year ago, came back today and confronted his manager. He confronted his boss outside the Empire State Building. He shot his former boss in the head and his boss eventually died. A police officer on foot patrol killed the gunman with a single shot. Nine others were injured.

Jeffery Johnson is shooter per police commissioner and mayor. Shooter was 53 years old and his boss was 43. Injured include 2 women and 7 men. Construction worker saw the shooting and immediately told cops who were on anti-terrorist detail in area. Videotape shows perp shooting at cops. Two officers fired shots and the perp. Everything occurred outside and shooter had worked for an apparel company (Hazan Imports) which was not located in the Empire State Building.
                  Last edited by du78; 08-24-2012, 11:33 AM.
                  DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                    There's the same amount of shootings as there have been for a while, now its just that more of them make the national news. How many shootings with 2 dead, including the shooter are there a year? Hundreds?
                    Also might depend on where it occurs. If it happens in someone's home or apartment out of the way of passerby's and such, people might not give too much note of it, but if it occurs in a public place (office building, movie theater, tourist landmark) it's seen as more public, and frankly as more of an attempt to intimidate and terrorize the general public, even if that was not the actual intent (as so far seems to be the case here).

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Reports I've heard indicate three shots to kill his former boss, and then about 9 wounded.

Either this guy had two guns, he reloaded, or the cops accidentally winged some people trying to get this guy down.
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                        Reports I've heard indicate three shots to kill his former boss, and then about 9 wounded.

Either this guy had two guns, he reloaded, or the cops accidentally winged some people trying to get this guy down.
                        Or there were accomplices that the construction worker did not see.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

Reports say there may have been some friendly fire casualties.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

http://www.theonion.com/articles/nat...mass-sh,29293/

Published online yesterday, updated today.
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I saw some moron on Twitter going off about gun laws in the US, saying that we're the only civilized country that has this mass shooting problem. I got to thinking, while I don't agree with that, *cough*NORWAY*cough*, I'll run with it for a minute. If the US is the only civilized country that has this problem, and it is a gun problem, wouldn't we expect to see the same problem in another civilized country with similar gun laws? I then went out in search of a country with similar gun laws, and guess what, I found one. As far as I am able to tell, the gun laws in Canada are quite similar to here (if someone knows more about Canadian gun laws, feel free to correct me), and I believe, for the most part, we'd consider Canada to be civilized....I don't think they have a problem with mass shootings up there. Seems to me like we have a crazy people problem, not a gun problem.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                              X