Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things to do in Duluth

Or I could, you know, stop at one in northern Ohio

(Or convince a poster from Michigan to bring donuts to Pittsburgh )
    Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
    I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
    Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

we go to Canada to stock up on Tim Horton's coffee. it extra leaded and isn't sold in the US. I've been told the donuts are different too. don't know about that, but boy are they ever good in Canada!
      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Suggestions for things to do in Thunder Bay? We are only going to spend a few hours in town...
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Re: Things to do near Grand Marais

Some ideas for a Thunder Bay Quest:

1. Visit Lakehead University and purchase a Thunderwolves Hockey T-Shirt or Jersey.
          2. Locate George Gwozdecky's childhood home and take a humorous photo in front of said structure.
          3. Find a logo puck from from one of Thunder Bay's Junior Hockey teams. Bonus points if the team is named Fort Williams or Port Arthur. (Thunder Bay used to be two separate cities.)
          4. Visit Kakabeka Falls. Do a gushing camcorder video proclaiming it to be "better than Niagara."
          5. Find a local cafe and sit at the counter. Start talking to yourself out loud, expressing your delight and wonderment that US Hockey has surpassed Canadian Hockey in all respects. Gauge the reaction.

OK, I'm not serious about #5. But if you do any of the first four, let us know!

Comment

Thunder Bay? must go Hoito Cafe.
            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
              5. Find a local cafe and sit at the counter. Start talking to yourself out loud, expressing your delight and wonderment that US Hockey has surpassed Canadian Hockey in all respects. Gauge the reaction.
              Make sure to wear body armor...
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I'm annoying my brother and father with Tim Hortons talk.
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Tim Hortons is good. Yay for free wireless!
                  tUMD Hockey

Comment

I'll post more on my trip later this week... Thunder Bay is boring. Not going back.
                    tUMD Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                      I'll post more on my trip later this week... Thunder Bay is boring. Not going back.

It's the lack of decent hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                        It's the lack of decent hockey...
                        It's true. The Thunderwolves are terrible (UMD played them a few times in the last few years)
                        As for the trip...Thunder Bay was just like Superior, Wisconsin. Blue collar and run down in many places. There wasn't much to do besides have Tim Horton's, go to a park for a photo of the Sleeping Giant and go to their Mall. My dad was very impressed with Tim Horton's and we laughed at how crazy long the line at the Mall was. I was impressed with how cheap hockey sticks were). There were nice ones just for 60 loonies...but I didn't buy one. My dad and brother were tired of seeing whatever falls so we didn't make it to the one outside of town.

Otherwise we made it to many parks on the North Shore. We hit up Tettegouche, Temperence, Cascade, CR Magney and Grand Portage. CR Magney was my favorite as we were within 40 feet of a bald eagle, we saw salmon and a beaver. The Devil's Kettle is very neato. A hidden gem on the trip was the Caribou Falls. It was a mile hike from a wayside rest and the gorge was impressive. I even waded in the water and it was freezing.

Great trip up the shore and I'll never go back to Thunder Bay.
                        tUMD Hockey

Comment

2. Locate George Gwozdecky's childhood home and take a humorous photo in front of said structure.
                          Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                          Thunder Bay is boring. Not going back.
                          What, the architecture was uninspiring?

Sorry that the Thunder Bay portion of the trip didn't work out. Gotta believe there's a diamond in the rough or two, we just didn't have anybody able to point you in the right direction...

Obviously it was too early for skiing to be an option, but I will say that I've had a couple of good ski days in Thunder Bay. It's been a long time, but IIRC the top local area is called Loch Lommond.

Comment

What, the architecture was uninspiring?

Sorry that the Thunder Bay portion of the trip didn't work out. Gotta believe there's a diamond in the rough or two, we just didn't have anybody able to point you in the right direction...

Obviously it was too early for skiing to be an option, but I will say that I've had a couple of good ski days in Thunder Bay. It's been a long time, but IIRC the top local area is called Loch Lommond.
                            a trip to the Gwoz house would have been funny...should have made it more of a priority. I am looking forward to seeing how much my international roaming charges will be.
                            tUMD Hockey

Comment

Working...
                            X