Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2012 Presidential Election Part I - The guns of August

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    Here are the numbers. Entitlement spending is a little over twice as much as Defense. Both need to be cut.

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm?fa=view&id=1258
    That wasn't my point, but thanks for playing. When we going to pay for those two wars?
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      That wasn't my point, but thanks for playing. When we going to pay for those two wars?
      Isn't it up to Congress to pay for the wars?
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
        Isn't it up to Congress to pay for the wars?
        No. The American taxpayer pays for everything. We elect the Congress. Therefore, the fault ultimately lies with us.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          No. The American taxpayer pays for everything. We elect the Congress. Therefore, the fault ultimately lies with us.
          Yes but Congress has to appropriate the funds and I agree the fault lies with us. We keep electing the same pieces of crap. Meanwhile everyone looks at the Presidency as the end all, be all when in fact Congress is what is ***** us

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            Yes but Congress has to appropriate the funds and I agree the fault lies with us. We keep electing the same pieces of crap. Meanwhile everyone looks at the Presidency as the end all, be all when in fact Congress is what is ***** us
            And 90%+ of the Congress will be returned to office this fall. After all, our/your representative is the greatest!! It's the bahstahd in the other district / state that's the idiot!
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

The least useful poll is the poll asking "Congress' approval rating."

They'd have to do work and do 535 separate polls to get a real estimate.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                And 90%+ of the Congress will be returned to office this fall. After all, our/your representative is the greatest!! It's the bahstahd in the other district / state that's the idiot!
                I don't subscribe to that, my reps sucks, all of them especially the biggest piece of **** in Congress Chellie Pingree.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  I don't subscribe to that, my reps sucks, all of them especially the biggest piece of **** in Congress Chellie Pingree.
                  My rep's an idiot, too, though he may be on the way out thanks to the magic of partisan redistricting.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Just started the September thread.

Have at it.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Perhaps you should go back and read your own post. My reply was specific to what you highlighted (bolded).

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                        So that nefarious Bain Capital company has become an issue. Bain takes investor money and tries to generate an above-market return for them. So let's dig deeper: who really profits when Bain makes money?

Well....

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion...#ixzz25DaHopiW

So Bain Capital's superior returns help relieve pressure on state budgets, help charitable foundations sustain their missions, and help colleges maintain their facilities.
                        LDS b*stards!
                        2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Working...
                        X