The 2012 Presidential Election Part I - The guns of August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2012 Presidential Election Part I - The guns of August

This ought to last through the end GOP convention, shouldn't it??
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: The 2012 Presidential Election Part I - The guns of August

I see Chris Christie's been tabbed as keynote speaker, while Rubio will introduce Romney.

Will Romney use a powerpoint slide show during his acceptance speech? I wonder what the odds are on that??

It almost looks like the Republicans are trying to turn the campaign into a stand-up comedy road show...Christie as keynote speaker, Romney and Ryan a sort of Penn and Teller / Abbott and Costello hybrid....
    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

I've seen PowerPoint slides for church sermons. I guess anything is possible.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

What's the over/under on when the Obama campaign tucks Joe Biden away in some safe place so he doesn't make too many major gaffs late in the campaign?

Just saw the quote from Biden about how he'd trade being vice president for winning the Daytona 500 in a heartbeat. Good thing for Biden he's only got one debate with Ryan.
        Originally posted by Priceless
        Good to see you're so reasonable.
        Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
        Very well, said.
        Originally posted by Rover
        A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

I'd rather watch Ryan debate Obama. Consensus was that Ryan won their first debate, can't remember if it was '09 or '10.
          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Joe Biden... he used to be a vice president, right? It's vaguely familiar.
            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

From a member of that flaming liberal Ronald Reagan's cabinet:

Former Reagan budget director David Stockman rips the budget proposed by Rep. Paul Ryan:

"The Ryan Plan boils down to a fetish for cutting the top marginal income-tax rate for 'job creators' -- i.e. the superwealthy -- to 25 percent and paying for it with an as-yet-undisclosed plan to broaden the tax base. Of the $1 trillion in so-called tax expenditures that the plan would attack, the vast majority would come from slashing popular tax breaks for employer-provided health insurance, mortgage interest, 401(k) accounts, state and local taxes, charitable giving and the like, not to mention low rates on capital gains and dividends. The crony capitalists of K Street already own more than enough Republican votes to stop that train before it leaves the station."

"In short, Mr. Ryan's plan is devoid of credible math or hard policy choices. "
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                I'd rather watch Ryan debate Obama. Consensus was that Ryan won their first debate, can't remember if it was '09 or '10.
                That would be a good debate.
                Very well, said.
                A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  From a member of that flaming liberal Ronald Reagan's cabinet:

Former Reagan budget director David Stockman rips the budget proposed by Rep. Paul Ryan:

"The Ryan Plan boils down to a fetish for cutting the top marginal income-tax rate for 'job creators' -- i.e. the superwealthy -- to 25 percent and paying for it with an as-yet-undisclosed plan to broaden the tax base. Of the $1 trillion in so-called tax expenditures that the plan would attack, the vast majority would come from slashing popular tax breaks for employer-provided health insurance, mortgage interest, 401(k) accounts, state and local taxes, charitable giving and the like, not to mention low rates on capital gains and dividends. The crony capitalists of K Street already own more than enough Republican votes to stop that train before it leaves the station."

"In short, Mr. Ryan's plan is devoid of credible math or hard policy choices. "
                  That's one of the many articles and people who have analyzed his tax plan. It's folly. But, if you're rich you love it.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    That's one of the many articles and people who have analyzed his tax plan. It's folly. But, if you're rich you love it.
                    I'll take the 25 percent of it that's bad and live with it for all the rest of it that's good. Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good. But, I guess that's only a valid perspective for people who really want the fiscal mess to be fixed. The rest will play politics and support budgets that are much worse.
                    Very well, said.
                    A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                      I'll take the 25 percent of it that's bad and live with it for all the rest of it that's good. Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good. But, I guess that's only a valid perspective for people who really want the fiscal mess to be fixed. The rest will play politics and support budgets that are much worse.
                      You're kidding right? He raises taxes on the poor and middle class and slashes it for the rich and you tell us to live with it?

ROTFLMAO

Not only does it do that but it blows a hole in the budget so large it makes GW look like a pillar of fiscal conservatism.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I guess it was yesterday when John Sununu was giving Soledad Obrien a hard time about reading Dem talking points and repeating them verbatim . Apparently this article came out after their interview, turns out its true. What a hoot
                        http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...d-debate-romne
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          You're kidding right? He raises taxes on the poor and middle class and slashes it for the rich and you tell us to live with it?

ROTFLMAO

Not only does it do that but it blows a hole in the budget so large it makes GW look like a pillar of fiscal conservatism.
                          You need to actually read his budget proposal and not just spout the latest Dem talking points you've read.
                          Very well, said.
                          A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

You need to actually read his budget proposal and not just spout the latest Dem talking points you've read.
                            Yeah, whatever.

There is NO way you can cut the top marginal rate to 25% and pay for it by closing loopholes. And, he never defined the loopholes.

It's folly.

Comment

Since you brought it up Bob, what is the 75% of it that's good in your opinion?
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                              X