X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 4: The Rudy York edition

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    I've got to believe that at some point, midnight strikes for the Cards. And in a short series, I want no part of Cain/Lincecum/Vogelsong, healthy Lincecum or otherwise. I can just imagine what they're going to do with our lineup once we get past Fielder.
    Maybe, but the bottom of the line up is what beat ny if you ask me. I wish Boesch had been better as the season went on, and Villereal is not ready for the pressure. I would love to see Valverde come in and get two outs in a non pressure situation. He has to start back somehow. I wish I knew why his splitter has deserted him.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      Game 7 in the NL tonight. Who you got? And who do you want? And if the answer isn't the same, why?
      Same as I was with Yankees-Os. Honestly don't care as long as the Tigers are in it. The last thing I ever want is to be the '06 Twins throwing a big party just because you draw a specific opponent in the playoffs, only to have them sweep you away.
      Originally posted by dicaslover
      Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
      Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        Maybe, but the bottom of the line up is what beat ny if you ask me. I wish Boesch had been better as the season went on, and Villereal is not ready for the pressure. I would love to see Valverde come in and get two outs in a non pressure situation. He has to start back somehow. I wish I knew why his splitter has deserted him.
        I still think Valverde is injured. Mix in the fact that his velocity is off 3-4 MPH, and he doesn't want to throw/doesn't have control of the splitter. Smoke and fire...

Looks like midnight came tonight for the Cards.
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

I'm thinking this series is going 6 or 7 games. That's about it. If the Tigers can avoid the "deer in the headlights" play they exhibited in St.Louis in 2006, they'll be okay.

In other news, our good friend Joel Zumaya is in town fishing on lake St. Clair for small mouth bass. I hope he doesn't break something casting.

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
            Same as I was with Yankees-Os. Honestly don't care as long as the Tigers are in it. The last thing I ever want is to be the '06 Twins throwing a big party just because you draw a specific opponent in the playoffs, only to have them sweep you away.

FWIW, the Twins had beaten the A's in 2002, and we all know how the Twins fare against the Yankees.

Either way, I'll be rooting for Detroit in the Series, so good luck Tigers and bring home the title.
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Same roster.

Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Comment

Avila is starting against a lefty tonight. Garcia is right, Young in left(*shudder*).

Comment

Some warm fuzzies for everyone.

Total runs allowed this postseason by Tiger pitchers not named Jose Valverde: 2.
                  Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                    Some warm fuzzies for everyone.

Total runs allowed this postseason by Tiger pitchers not named Jose Valverde: 2.
                    Earned runs? Or did Valverde really give up 15 runs?
                    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                      Young in left (*shudder*).
                      Twinkle Toes. Hopefully his bat stays hot though!
                      NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
                        Twinkle Toes.
                        More like "Runs Through Goose ****".

God, that was fun...

Comment

Well.....Sandoval never met a ball he didn't want to swing at. *shrug*

God, that was fun...

Comment

Another perspective...
                            John Buccigross ‏@Buccigross
                            For the love of God, the ball was right down the middle, just above the waist, 95 mph. Known in Boston as a "Josh Beckett" fastball
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

The ball was just above his nipples. It wasn't exactly a Jose Valverde meatball.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Through 4 3 innings, we're getting Bruce Chen'd to death. Great.
                                Last edited by Hammer; 10-24-2012, 08:06 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X