This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 4: The Rudy York edition

I've been the resident Eeyore around here all season. No sense changing now. Still have one more to get. I don't want this going back to the Bronx. I keep thinking about the Red Sox coming back on the Yanks, but have to think we have the edge with Max and Fister at home. CC is good, probably the best the Tigers will have seen so far in the post season. They beat him then the media or no one in MLB can say the Tigers didn't earn this. Not even those dilweeds on TBS.

The only other thing I can root for is a 7 game series in the NL. I hate the cockroaches, but the thought of more late night west coast games for the World Series- regardless of who is there for the AL- is depressing.

Comment

Could any less credit be given to the Tigers for this series?

I guess ESPN is really YESPN when it comes to baseball, but with the exception of Verlander no credit has been given to Tigers pitching, it's all been how the Yankees offense has floundered. How quickly ESPN forgets the spring when they had the Tigers as favorites. It can't be that the team is finally playing to its potential (which, in all honesty, probably isn't because the offense isn't putting up extreme numbers like was predicted), but it has to be because the Yankees are suddenly awful, despite the fact that they've been awful for a month and nearly blew a 10 game lead.

Oh well, win tonight, move to the World Series.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Granderson and A-Rod sitting for the Yankees, Swisher back in. Laird behind the plate for Detroit.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Don't give the Yankees a whiff. Remember 2004.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

from the radar I'll guess the 3rd inning starts about 10:30; might be some tired boys tomorrow if that's the case.
            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

It's raining here now. Haven't looked at a radar yet.

EDIT: Rain delay now, per TBS. The radar shows rain clear to South Bend.
              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                It's raining here now. Haven't looked at a radar yet.

EDIT: Rain delay now, per TBS. The radar shows rain clear to South Bend.
                I was hoping it would hit them after about 60 CC pitches.
                It does look to possibly clear up in a couple hours, if the second band misses.
                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Looking at the projection on weather.gov, using Adrian as my home, they don't show Detroit being dry until ~midnight.

Link. Refresh as necessary

God, that was fun...

Comment

i don't think this is getting played tonight... too bad CC didn't pitch an inning and have to rest four days
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      i don't think this is getting played tonight... too bad CC didn't pitch an inning and have to rest four days
                      But, if it goes 7, you have a rested Verlander and the Yankees have CC on 2 days rest.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        I tend to agree.

God, that was fun...

Comment

PPD to 4:07 tomorrow.
                          Game 5 will be on Friday, no off day

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe
                          Game 4 had been called to "preserve the integrity of a full-nine inning game" Game 4 will be tomorrow at 4:07 on TBS
                          Edit -- Pete's great rain delay story...
                          Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe
                          Here's my best rain-delay story: http://sulia.com/c/boston-red-sox/f/...source=twitter
                          Hide summary Reply Retweet Favorite
                          Last edited by joecct; 10-17-2012, 08:34 PM.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

It's pouring at the ballpark now.

Had they started this game, there's no way they could have finished it.

This also takes CC out of any potential Game 7 start.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                              It's pouring at the ballpark now.

Had they started this game, there's no way they could have finished it.

This also takes CC out of any potential Game 7 start.
                              At least they learned from last year, I guess?
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Awesome comment from Phil Coke:

"When downtown floods, people will be happy they didn't have to swim home"

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X