This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 4: The Rudy York edition

**** you, Jim Leyland. Leave the guy who righties hit .390 against on the mound.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

He was done the moment Fielder misplayed that ball. This guy absolutely cannot pitch out of trouble.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

***** http://www.philadelphiarams.com/archives/goal_light.gif******
        OMAR!!!

2-2, top 8.

Phil Coke, you owe Infante a steak dinner. Or a hooker. Whichever...

God, that was fun...

Comment

Gotta love the drunk in the background...

God, that was fun...

Comment

Well. That was about as fun as slamming your jimmy in the car door.

God, that was fun...

Comment

If you ask me today's win was the biggest game of the year. Now 2 ahead with what 4 to play.? magic number 3?
              I understand Scherzer is done for the regular season at least..
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

It became the biggest win of the year when the bullpen had taken a 6-0 lead and brought the tying run to the plate, and Jeff Jones had to take a road map out to the mound to show Valverde the strike zone. If they blow that game, it's pretty much over, even with a one game lead.

We'll always have 2011, but Valverde is pretty much done as a closer. I think they find a way to win the division, but their bullpen is just a mess right now.
                Originally posted by dicaslover
                Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                  We'll always have 2011, but Valverde is pretty much done as a closer. I think they find a way to win the division, but their bullpen is just a mess right now.
                  I wonder what they will do in the off season about a closer, which could be their number 1 need, and I also wonder if they keep some of those guys out there that have done poorly, like coke for instance.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

And the Indians are interviewing Francona. Does this mean we have swinging Jimmy for another year? Why don't they bring back Les Moss or Mayo Smith, too?

Four to go and must take two of them. I agree with Hammer, the Sox are in a corner- if Tampa can pull another one out, this thing gets easier, because I have no confidence in the Tigers doing it themselves. Get ready for the Sox to jailsex the Indians next week while KC does their best Texas Rangers imitation.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                      I wonder what they will do in the off season about a closer, which could be their number 1 need, and I also wonder if they keep some of those guys out there that have done poorly, like coke for instance.
                      I think a closer can be found. Not so about a reliable 2b.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                        And the Indians are interviewing Francona. Does this mean we have swinging Jimmy for another year? Why don't they bring back Les Moss or Mayo Smith, too?

Four to go and must take two of them. I agree with Hammer, the Sox are in a corner- if Tampa can pull another one out, this thing gets easier, because I have no confidence in the Tigers doing it themselves. Get ready for the Sox to jailsex the Indians next week while KC does their best Texas Rangers imitation.
                        Here's the other issue: who the hell is going to start the last two games? Scherzer is likely down, and Porcello had his velocity drop off in his last start, so who knows what we're looking at there, the last two games of the season. Smyly can get us through Wednesday's game, but can Porcello go, and if he can't, who does?

I've got to think that CWS is going to take 3 of their last 4, one way or another. The question then becomes, can we at least split from here on out?

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                          I think a closer can be found. Not so about a reliable 2b.
                          I think we're married to Infante for another year. I actually think we're going shortstop shopping in the offseason. We need that and another starting pitcher.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                            I think we're married to Infante for another year. I actually think we're going shortstop shopping in the offseason. We need that and another starting pitcher.
                            Agree on the first two counts. Infante isn't great, but above average out of the current crop of 2B out there. Peralta's bat can't make up for his lack of range anymore. Not sure so on the starting pitcher. I'd be fine with Verlander, Scherzer, Fister, Smyly, and Porcello. If you want to upgrade Porcello or Smyly, that's going to cost a lot of money that could probably be better served elsewhere.
                            Originally posted by dicaslover
                            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                              I'd be fine with Verlander, Scherzer, Fister, Smyly, and Porcello. If you want to upgrade...that's going to cost a lot of money that could probably be better served elsewhere.
                              Do you guys think they'll keep Sanchez?
                              NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
                                Do you guys think they'll keep Sanchez?
                                Jury is out. I'm sure he'll get a look at spring training. Don't know how long he is signed for or if he is a FA. Thinking the latter.

Hammer- One thing is for sure- Verlander won't go on short rest. Porcello will have to start. Maybe they'll throw Coke out there, which would provide enough criticism for Leyland to not be re-signed. Jimmy is hoping TB finishes off the Sox and we win today, meaning they only need one win in three games.

Comment

Working...
                                X