This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Detroit Tigers, Volume 4: The Rudy York edition

Apparently Encarnacion and Dunn are not in their respective lineups tonight.

I'd give Cabrera 2 AB's and let him take a curtain call.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

The only thing we have to be concerned about is a 3-homer night out of Curtis Granderson, as part of a losing effort to force the 1-game playoff.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Cabrera flies out to center to end the 1st.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          The only thing we have to be concerned about is a 3-homer night out of Curtis Granderson, as part of a losing effort to force the 1-game playoff.
          One down, but Dice-K is out of there.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I am going to bed after Miggy leads off the 3rd. The way this half-inning is going, that should happen by next Tuesday. I doubt anything too horrible will happen after that.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Miggy K's to start the 3rd.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Miggy comes out with 2 outs in the 4th.

First Triple Crown Winner since 1967.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I lied. Austin Jackson doubles to center, leaves the game. Hits over .300 for the year.

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    Granderson has two.
                    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      Congrats on making the playoffs! Given that my team **** the bed this year, I was looking for a team to adopt for the playoffs. And since I would really like to see the Tigers advance, I think I will jump on the Nationals' bandwagon. As I do not want my Opposite Girl powers to affect the Tigers in anyway.

Woo hoo!! Go Nats!!

Except that I am rooting for the Tigers. In secret. Shhh. Don't tell anyone.
                      Being that we share the former and the current triple crown winner, you are always welcome to root for the Tigers.

Comment

Detroit Tigers ‏@tigers
                        #Tigers rotation for ALDS: Verlander (Game 1), Fister (Game 2), Sanchez (Game 3), Scherzer (Game 4) & Verlander (Game 5).
                        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Game 2 will be at noon on Sunday, and is only available on the MLB network. I don't know how many people have the MLB network, but I assume there will be a large number of people who don't get to see the game...

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...r_mlb&c_id=mlb

"The game of hockey, though much in vogue on the ice in New England and other parts of the United States, is not much known here."

--The Montreal Gazette, March 4, 1875.

Comment

Originally posted by Alton View Post
                            Game 2 will be at noon on Sunday, and is only available on the MLB network. I don't know how many people have the MLB network, but I assume there will be a large number of people who don't get to see the game...

postseason.tv I watched this some last year, it's actually pretty cool getting the different camera angles and whatnot. It's not the edited broadcast, just the live pictures (one angle or all at once).
                            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Alton View Post

I pay Comcast up the tail for that, CBScollegesports, the NHL network, ESPN U and some other channels that I pick up to watch college hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                                I pay Comcast up the tail for that, CBScollegesports, the NHL network, ESPN U and some other channels that I pick up to watch college hockey.
                                Yep: me, too. I use it just barely enough to justify the cost.

I'm guessing that there is going to be a lot of noise when hundreds of thousands of people wake up on Sunday and realize they can't watch the Tigers game because they only have basic cable.

"The game of hockey, though much in vogue on the ice in New England and other parts of the United States, is not much known here."

--The Montreal Gazette, March 4, 1875.

Comment

Working...
                                X