• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Obama XXIV: Forward ... pause ... rewind ... play

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    Thomas Sowell, on Obama and "redistribution of wealth":

http://jewishworldreview.com/cols/sowell092012.php3
    So are you a regular reader of the Jewish World Review, or did you just do a Google search for something to fit your world view? I'm honestly curious.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
      So are you a regular reader of the Jewish World Review, or did you just do a Google search for something to fit your world view? I'm honestly curious.
      Probably republished from townhall.com. Sowell is a regular contributor
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
        A regular reader of Thomas Sowell. His website happens to link to JWR for his columns, which may very well pick them up from Townhall.

Comment

Originally posted by Foxton View Post
          Is there anything... anything that Obama could do, that wouldn't cause conservative poutrage?
          Yeah
          Go back to Chicago
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            Yeah
            Go back to Chicago
            Which would leave Biden in charge resulting in a whole lot of crying about how he just wanted to destroy 'Merica!

I found the perfect representation for the crying our conservative posters must do when another one of their talking points is examined.

Comment

Which would leave Biden in charge...
              Canada, here I come!

But what, pray tell, would you know about "men's rights"?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                Canada, here I come!

But what, pray tell, would you know about "men's rights"?
                Funny little movement on youtube that's currently being picked apart for it's absurdity. Sort of a reverse radical feminism 'movement'. Sort of related in that it's a victim mentality, and no one plays the victim better than republicans.

Comment

Funny little movement on youtube that's currently being picked apart for it's absurdity. Sort of a reverse radical feminism 'movement'. Sort of related in that it's a victim mentality, and no one plays the victim better than republicans.
                  The "men's rights" movement started out as a bunch of deadbeat dads trying to weasel out of paying for child support by challenging the legal system -- ("who are they to tell me my rights and responsibilities with my kids and anyway I just cuff my wife around a little when she lips off like daddy used to with mom it's in the Bible blah blah blah").

Has it become anything larger / dumber / more asinine than that?
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    The "men's rights" movement started out as a bunch of deadbeat dads trying to weasel out of paying for child support by challenging the legal system -- ("who are they to tell me my rights and responsibilities with my kids and anyway I just cuff my wife around a little when she lips off like daddy used to with mom it's in the Bible blah blah blah").

Speaking of asinine, your post is right up there. Like there hasn't ever been a father screwed to the wall by a divorcing spouse with phony claims of sexual abuse of the children. Or who screws with her ex over visitation for no other reason than she can get away with it, and she's a vengeful b*tch. You just know, don't you, that all these guys are "deadbeats" who are trying to "weasel" out of their obligations who "cuffed around" their ex-wives and cited the bible as their authority for doing so? Your prejudice is finely tuned, isn't it? Some of the men in this movement doubtless are pretty much as you describe (although the reflexive, boring anti-religious snarl is really unnecessary). But some aren't. And you don't give a sh*t, do you? Paraphrasing Rahm: never miss an opportunity to be pompous and condescending.
                    Last edited by Old Pio; 09-21-2012, 03:25 AM.
                    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

More whiny and anonymous. Pio would fit right in.

Comment

I take it you have no friends that have gotten divorces that were less than amicable with children involved?
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Men get screwed big time in divorce the majority of the time. Especially in Massachusetts. So mens rights is about equal treatment by the court system of men. Women get a tremendous financial advantage coming out. Sure there are deadbeat dads everywhere, but OP is right on this one.
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                            Men get screwed big time in divorce the majority of the time.
                            ...when kids are involved. If there's no kids, it's generally just whining that they have to split their assets with their wife.

Comment

Saw this quote that was just so spot on.

"Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."
                              Originally posted by Priceless
                              Good to see you're so reasonable.
                              Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                              Very well, said.
                              Originally posted by Rover
                              A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                                Saw this quote that was just so spot on.

"Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured... but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."
                                Nobody is preventing anyone from not having insurance. If you don't want health insurance you don't have to get it.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X