Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obama XXIV: Forward ... pause ... rewind ... play

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Re: Obama XXIV: Forward ... pause ... rewind ... play

    I find this graphic interesting for a number of reasons.

    *****http://taxfoundation.org/sites/taxfoundation.org/files/docs/bush_tax_cuts_state_large_r1.png******

    THe most liberal of states stand to save the most. Except Wyoming. That's just f*ked up.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

    Comment


    • #62
      Re: Obama XXIV: Forward ... pause ... rewind ... play

      Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      I find this graphic interesting for a number of reasons.

      THe most liberal of states stand to save the most. Except Wyoming. That's just f*ked up.
      More people with higher incomes? And Wyoming has a lot of rich folks who've bought ranches - think Hollywood stars and ex Haliburton directors.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

      ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

      Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

      I want to live forever. So far, so good.

      Comment


      • #63
        Re: Obama XXIV: Forward ... pause ... rewind ... play

        Originally posted by joecct View Post
        More people with higher incomes? And Wyoming has a lot of rich folks who've bought ranches - think Hollywood stars and ex Haliburton directors.
        I mean, I figured as much with regards to average income. I guess I just didn't realize how much it could cost the average person/family (it doesn't really specify which). I do think it's somewhat deceiving in that these are averages. Obviously someone who is making $50k in Connecticut is going to get essentially the same bill as someone in Mississippi.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          I mean, I figured as much with regards to average income. I guess I just didn't realize how much it could cost the average person/family (it doesn't really specify which). I do think it's somewhat deceiving in that these are averages. Obviously someone who is making $50k in Connecticut is going to get essentially the same bill as someone in Mississippi.
          But the good folks in CT will have a lot less money in the end.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

          ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

          Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

          I want to live forever. So far, so good.

          Comment


          • #65
            Re: Obama XXIV: Forward ... pause ... rewind ... play

            Originally posted by joecct View Post
            More people with higher incomes? And Wyoming has a lot of rich folks who've bought ranches - think Hollywood stars and ex Haliburton directors.
            Pretty much:

            *****http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1e/US_states_by_GDP_per_capita_(nominal).PNG******
            Go Gophers!

            Comment


            • #66
              Re: Obama XXIV: Forward ... pause ... rewind ... play

              Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              A perusal of Paul Ryan's voting history would be a quick primer.
              SHHHH don't let Bob hear you say that...he cant plug his ears since his hands are still nailed to his cross

              Remember Paul Ryan is the answer...so what if he voted for pretty much every one of Bush Jr's BS programs that exploded the debt including the wars and TARP...that was then and he has obviously learned his lesson! He is no different than the "true conservatives" who somehow never voted for Dubya and never said he was a conservative or backed him. (even though anyone who has been around this board, or paid attention to politics since 2000 know that is complete and total crap)
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

              "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

              Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

              Comment


              • #67
                Re: Obama XXIV: Forward ... pause ... rewind ... play

                One thing to truly address: Only about 52% of the country (at least those eligible) actually pay income taxes. A number of the people griping about the rich "paying their fair share" don't even pay income taxes. If that isn't greed, then I don't know what is.

                WE ARE THE 52%, AND WE DEMAND THE 48% PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE!

                Comment


                • #68
                  Re: Obama XXIV: Forward ... pause ... rewind ... play

                  Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                  Fortunately, His Phoniness is bringing a "new tone" to the campaign, so there's nothing to be gained there.

                  Is it my imagination, or are the libstains overreacting just a tad to Ryan?
                  You should have seen the panic when, while Dubya was having surgery, Dick Cheney was acting President under the 25th Amendment!

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Re: Obama XXIV: Forward ... pause ... rewind ... play

                    Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    One thing to truly address: Only about 52% of the country (at least those eligible) actually pay income taxes. A number of the people griping about the rich "paying their fair share" don't even pay income taxes. If that isn't greed, then I don't know what is.

                    WE ARE THE 52%, AND WE DEMAND THE 48% PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE!
                    Romney only paid 13% of his income in taxes one year. I paid more than that in payroll taxes.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Re: Obama XXIV: Forward ... pause ... rewind ... play

                      Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      One thing to truly address: Only about 52% of the country (at least those eligible) actually pay income taxes. A number of the people griping about the rich "paying their fair share" don't even pay income taxes. If that isn't greed, then I don't know what is.
                      Let's address that while we uncap payroll taxes. Or just remove the difference between payroll and income taxes entirely.

                      There's plenty of unfairness in the tax code. The primary beneficiaries are not the people who fall below the income tax line. If you want to truly reform the tax code you are also exposing the top bracket to an enormous increase in their tax burden. Which is fine by me.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 08-16-2012, 08:41 AM.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Re: Obama XXIV: Forward ... pause ... rewind ... play

                        Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        SHHHH don't let Bob hear you say that...he cant plug his ears since his hands are still nailed to his cross

                        Remember Paul Ryan is the answer...so what if he voted for pretty much every one of Bush Jr's BS programs that exploded the debt including the wars and TARP...that was then and he has obviously learned his lesson! He is no different than the "true conservatives" who somehow never voted for Dubya and never said he was a conservative or backed him. (even though anyone who has been around this board, or paid attention to politics since 2000 know that is complete and total crap)
                        Hey, I voted for Dubya, and I had positive reasons to do it, too! It's just too bad that Nancy Pelosi's policies in 2007 and 2008 basically threw all conservative progress into the gutter. That's not to say I agreed with everything. Look at the UIGEA.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Re: Obama XXIV: Forward ... pause ... rewind ... play

                          Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          You should have seen the panic when, while Dubya was having surgery, Dick Cheney was acting President under the 25th Amendment!
                          As if he wasn't giving the order all along anyway...
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Re: Obama XXIV: Forward ... pause ... rewind ... play

                            Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            As if he wasn't giving the order all along anyway...
                            I said Dick Cheney, not Henry Kissinger.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Re: Obama XXIV: Forward ... pause ... rewind ... play

                              Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              I said Dick Cheney, not Henry Kissinger.
                              We all know it's the Queen of England and the Rothchilds...
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Re: Obama XXIV: Forward ... pause ... rewind ... play

                                Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                Hey, I voted for Dubya, and I had positive reasons to do it, too! It's just too bad that Nancy Pelosi's policies in 2007 and 2008 basically threw all conservative progress into the gutter. That's not to say I agreed with everything. Look at the UIGEA.
                                Someday you'll have to explain all the conservatism in two unfunded wars, an unfunded entitlement, and the nationalization of education. I'm sure it all just screams conservative values to you.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                                Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X