Obama XXIV: Forward ... pause ... rewind ... play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Obama XXIV: Forward ... pause ... rewind ... play

Shocking that all the freeloaders vote GOP.

The Tax Foundation mapped the non-payers of federal income tax in 2008 by state, and found that the leading states for zero or negative income tax liabilities also tended to be Republican strongholds. In Mississippi, for example, a full 45 percent of households paid zero or negative federal income tax. In Texas, it's 39 percent.

So the moral of the story is: If you want your federal income taxes to be zero, be broke in Biloxi, elderly in Alabama, or a hedge fund manager in Miami.
    Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 09-18-2012, 12:35 PM.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Shocking that all the freeloaders vote GOP.

The Tax Foundation mapped the non-payers of federal income tax in 2008 by state, and found that the leading states for zero or negative income tax liabilities also tended to be Republican strongholds. In Mississippi, for example, a full 45 percent of households paid zero or negative federal income tax. In Texas, it's 39 percent.
      that doesn't seem to make sense. If the national average is 47%, why are there fewer, comparatively, in Mississippi and Texas? They would seem to be more reliant on gov't services, not less than average.
      Or is it that they don't pay income taxes because of poverty, but also don't accept food stamps etc. as much as the northern states? I don't get it.
      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Before we completely forget His Racistness' limp dik support for the First Amendment (at least in the face of murderous Islamist mobs) let's ask him the question: why is it okay to trash Mormons but not Muslims?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...pinion_LEADTop
        2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
          that doesn't seem to make sense. If the national average is 47%, why are there fewer, comparatively, in Mississippi and Texas? They would seem to be more reliant on gov't services, not less than average.
          Or is it that they don't pay income taxes because of poverty, but also don't accept food stamps etc. as much as the northern states? I don't get it.
          Let's not deconstruct those figures too much. After all, lots of, uh, minorities in Texas and Mississippi.

Old Pio Annecdote Alert: While on an assignment to the Mississippi state capital in Jackson, I had occasion to use the men's room. The governor at the time was Cliff Finch. And on the wall of my stall it said: "If you voted for Cliff Finch you can't sh*t here, your a*shole is on the 4th floor." Still funny.
          2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
            The chart and the 47% can't be apples to apples. Otherwise half the states (roughly) would be over 47%.

The chart says "filers." Maybe that's the difference.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              The chart and the 47% can't be apples to apples. Otherwise half the states (roughly) would be over 47%.

The chart says "filers." Maybe that's the difference.
              They certainly aren't. Not a single one of those numbers is 47% or higher. The highest (Mississippi) is 45%. Like I said though, it's a 2012 number that only 52% of the tax-eligible populace pays taxes, while you are giving us 2008 data, which is before any of these Obama policies even started to take place.

Comment

The October surprise is letting Romney speak.

This is what happens when a party's discourse is conducted completely within its own bubble among a small set of true believers. When they come out of their basement and try to mimic human behavior, they come across as at best insincere and more likely completely bonkers.
                It's pretty much the same thing that happened with Rick Perry.
                Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
                Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

The 47% the Repubs are so fond of is a 2009 # when a bunch of extra tax breaks from the stimulus took effect for one, two years tops on top of the tanked economy. The numbers both before and after are likely much lower.
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Craig P. View Post
                    It's pretty much the same thing that happened with Rick Perry.
                    Romney does not appear to be mentally challenged, though. Perry is Dubya; Romney is Mr. Burns.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                      The 47% the Repubs are so fond of is a 2009 # when a bunch of extra tax breaks from the stimulus took effect for one, two years tops on top of the tanked economy. The numbers both before and after are likely much lower.
                      According to both Slate and NPR, it's still between 46 and 48 percent, however you slice it. Considering "Federal Income Tax" only, of course.
                      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Romney does not appear to be mentally challenged, though. Perry is Dubya; Romney is Mr. Burns.
                        What would Howard Dean and Jennifer Granholm be, then???

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                          What would Howard Dean and Jennifer Granholm be, then???
                          Knowing Kepler, Gabriel and Uriel.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            Now I can see why you guys consider everyone who is anti-Obama to be GOP, because all you see is "anti-Obama". I'm not going to deny that there are staunch anti-Obama people out there; I know a few. This is why I have been professing to have a positive reason to vote for someone. I had a positive reason in 2004 to vote for GWB, and I'm not going to deny it. Sure I went straight down the conservative row for 2008, but sadly I was under the impression that I had to go anti-Obama. I have regretted that vote ever since, because it wasn't who I really wanted, but rather the lessor of two evils. I know I've made it fairly clear that not only would I not wish to vote for Obama, but I wouldn't wish to vote for Romney, either. I am going to make a positive choice in Gary Johnson, as his candidacy is about restoring hard work, and the associated freedoms that result from it. I also intend to put my money where my mouth is, and I'm sure that's something you wouldn't expect of me.
                            This is one of my favorite posts ever in a political thread on USCHO. (Not because of the truth value of it, or because of any detail in it. But simply because I think people should always vote for who they like most, not who they dislike least.)
                            Last edited by duper; 09-18-2012, 03:16 PM.

Comment

http://pjmedia.com/rogerkimball/2012...obama-his-job/

All hail the messiah dictator! Woe to those that make him look bad!

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                                What would ... Jennifer Granholm be, then???
                                Buxom:

Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X